Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 5:19:51 PM EDT
Does anyone have any intel on the possibility of the Chinese M1A clones being imported in the near future?  The Canadians are selling them for about $400...Just curious any info would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Didnt I hear something about there being no more imports of centerfire riles from china?  What if somone in Canada imported them from  Can. to here?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not for the next 2 years at least... sounds like Bush nailed Norinco with pretty steep sanctions for selling missile parts to Iran.  It was linked on the front page here last week, I think.

[url=http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/week/030530.htm]Read it and weep.[/url]

Having a Norinco SKS and Ithaca 37 knockoff in my safe, and anxiously awaiting the return of Norinco 1911's to the US, this is pretty sad news.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw Norinco. If they were supplying the Iranians or any of that bunch then we can buy from someone else. Let the Prez hit those F-ers where it hurts.

I had one of their M-14s and let me tell you I was pleased as punch to pass it on to a Gun Show Dumbass. P O S !
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My Norinco M1A took an elk out at 375 yards last season and my Norinco 1911 is twice as dependable as my friend's Springfield.

If the Chinese start building cars as well as they do guns, the Big Three, er, Big Two will have some tough competition.

I would like the imports to begin again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The receivers in the Chinese M14s are very good, the rest of the rifle is junk, according to Walt Kuleck and others I've read.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine, 4 mags and a case of surplus .308 and went right to the range. After about 200 rounds the charging handle started bending froward and I could feel and see mushrooming at the end of the bolt like it was made of lead or something. Too soft. I also had 2 slamfires which freaked me out a bit.

Maybe they got better later. I think mine was an early one. It was accurate enough and functioned OK otherwise, I doubted how long that wouls last though so I dumped it and never looked back.

I hear many are replacing the innards with US GI.

My experiences, YMMV. They do make a good AK but hell, all AKs are good AKs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
i wouldn't buy chi-commie arms if they were the last ones on earth
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
My understanding is that the executive order banning Norinco from importing anything for two years will supercede previous order banning Norinco rifles. I believe that this was Clinton's. Once the two year period is up, it lifts Clinton's. Somebody have a copy to verify this?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is the website that sells us the $400 can. M305 and 1911 [url]www.marstar.ca/index.htm[/url]
[RED]Edited to make linkyworky[/RED]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top