Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
John Lithgow in Cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Tony-Fooking-Montana, mang. This de las time you eva gonna see a bad guy like tis, let me tell you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Luke! I am your father.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah yes, Clancy Brown as the Kurgan.

Mr. blonde was one cold f'in operator.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Paul Reuben in PeeWee's Big Adventure.
Man, that guy really creeped me out!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Michael Wincott as the city's crime-lord in "The Crow"  His voice alone puts him ahead of most movie bad guys.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Agent Smith.

I don`t know if you have heard of the show called "Lexx" that used to be on the Sci-Fi Channel, but the character named Prince also made an excellent bad guy.
View Quote

yeah, the chess match between Prince and Kai was awesome. His name is Nigel Bennett I believe.

my favorite bad guy is Rosie O'Donnel.

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
For all you Hannibal fans, don't miss Alan Cox as the original Hannibal in "Manhunter". I thought his interpretation of Hannibal was a lot creepier than that other guy's. Cox plays him as superficially charming. It's only in the small tells that you see how scary he is--when he eagerly grabs the crime scene photos, unable to maintain the facade because he gets off on the carnage, or when he offers to send a card to Will Graham's home address. Cox underplays him where Hopkins is over the top.

The recent "Red Dragon" remake was much inferior, btw, despite a more famous cast and a bigger budget.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll have to second Possible_Spam on this one.  His character really creaped me out.  He played it w/ a certain cold heartedness that made the character almost too believable.
View Quote
I remember reading an article in Time Magazine about the making of Schindler's List. An elderly woman who as a child had been rescued by Schindler had been asked to chip in regarding the accuracy of the characters/actors looks. She almost had a coronary when Ralph Fiennes walked in. I guess he was a dead ringer the way he carried himself in the uniform.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm undecided. Any of the following:

Gary Oldman in The Professional
Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs
Christopher Walken in True Romance
James Gandolfini in True Romance ("First time you kill someone...")
Kevin Spacey in SE7EN
Tim Roth in Planet of the Apes (He was the only reason I watched the remake of Planets.)
Tim Roth in Rob Roy
Guy Pearce in Memento (After watching Memento I definately felt he was the bad guy.)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agent Smith.

I don`t know if you have heard of the show called "Lexx" that used to be on the Sci-Fi Channel, but the character named Prince also made an excellent bad guy.
View Quote

yeah, the chess match between Prince and Kai was awesome. His name is Nigel Bennett I believe.

View Quote

The best episode he was in was the final one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Anthony Perkins-NORMANNNN!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Alan Rickman in either Die Hard or Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For all you Hannibal fans, don't miss Alan Cox as the original Hannibal in "Manhunter". I thought his interpretation of Hannibal was a lot creepier than that other guy's. Cox plays him as superficially charming. It's only in the small tells that you see how scary he is--when he eagerly grabs the crime scene photos, unable to maintain the facade because he gets off on the carnage, or when he offers to send a card to Will Graham's home address. Cox underplays him where Hopkins is over the top.

The recent "Red Dragon" remake was much inferior, btw, despite a more famous cast and a bigger budget.
View Quote

Isn't Cox's first name Johnathan?
Maybe not.
In any event, "Manhunter" was much better than "Red Dragon".
The casting was better and Michael Mann did an excellent directing job as usual.
And the soundtrack rocked.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:09:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This guy:

[url]http://www.keystar-r-s.com/reviews/pics/non_sf_movies/007/scaramanga.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Ah, the great Christopher Lee as Scaramanga...Lee was Dracula in all those great Hammer films of the 50s and 60s.  He's still going strong, as Suraman in the Lord of the Rings.  Not to mention Count Dukoo in Attack of the Clones.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#19]
My top 10 Bad Guys List

1 Arnold - Terminator 1
2 Kevin Costner - 3000 Miles to Graceland
3 Michael Beihn - Tombstone
4 Michael Behin - Abyss
5 Dennis Hopper - Water World
6 Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs
7 Patrick Swayzee - Point Break
8 Agent Smith - Matrix
9 Cyrus The Virus - Con Air
10 Nicholas Cage/John Travolta - Face Off
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#20]
John Lithgow, in several roles, but my favorite is as Dr. Emilio Lizardo in Buckaroo Banzai...so many great lines in that movie, but the one I remember the most is:

"But Lord Wharfin, they're just monkeyboys"

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the tough looking hispanic guy in the movie:
HEAT, CON-AIR, Replacement Killers, this guy looks like a real ex-con [):)]
View Quote

Danny Trejo...he certainly does...he was the knife throwing assasin in Desperado...there's some good gunplay in that movie, AND Salma Hayek looking about as good as she's ever looked.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Danny Trejo...he certainly does...he was the knife throwing assasin in Desperado....
View Quote

What is somewhat disturbing is seeing him play a non villain role like the "Q" like uncle in Spy Kids.  Kinda like Michael Madsen aka "Mr Blonde" from Resevoir Dogs as the nice step-dad in Free Willie.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]
EVIL INCARNATE: Pacino in Devil's Advocate

Kevin Spacey in the Usual Suspects

Whatever the guy's real name was in 'Fallen' (Edward Reese/Azazel was his character name)

Mr. Blonde DEFINITELY ranks

Not a movie but Vic Mackie in 'The Shield'
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Danny Trejo...he certainly does...he was the knife throwing assasin in Desperado...there's some good gunplay in that movie, AND Salma Hayek looking about as good as she's ever looked.  
View Quote

Trejo is an ex-con. He can't act worth a shit but he sure looks scary as hell.
Some other good-bad guys yet to be mentioned:
Tim Roth as Dutch Schultz in Hoodlum
Brad Pitt as Early in Kalifornia
Sam Jackson as Ordell in Jackie Brown
Whoever played BrickTop in Snatch

Not from a movie, but the guy that played Luther Mahoney on Homocide:Life on the Street was really good.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Kaiser Sose in Usual Suspects is the uber bad guy.
You can't get be harder than blowing away your family so you won't be vulnerable.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not from a movie, but the guy that played Luther Mahoney on Homocide:Life on the Street was really good.
View Quote
Speaking of which, are you going to buy the DVD set that came out the other day? Mine will be here this week. Paid $38 for it new, I think list price is somewhere around $65. (Check out [url]www.deepdiscountdvd.com[/url])
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Some good replies in this thread. How could I forget Arnold in terminator, inhuman killing machine.

And the guy in Schindlers List, great actor.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#28]
-Laurence Olivier as Szell in Marathon Man..."is it safe?" 2cd vote
-Max von Sydow in Three Days of the Condor...calmly, coldly professional.
- Predator...one ugly mf.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bolo Leung [big bad guy in martial arts movies]

Lee Van Cleef [the good...the bad..and the ugly]
View Quote

that's cause he really was an ex-con. He was in and out of jail for 11 years. Everything from drugs to armed robbery. After jail he was on the set of Runaway Train and offered a part as an extra convict(surprise).
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't remember this one bad guy, He was an albino and a stuntman turn actor. He had one bad guy role and then died in some accident. Was scary as all getout.

I'm not sure if I'm confusing him with Matthias Hues from "I come in Peace". That movie sucked, but the Matthias was pretty scary too.

[img]lavender.fortunecity.com/clockwork/129/hues12.jpg[/img]

--LS
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agent Smith.

View Quote

View Quote

speaking of Nigel Bennett. He plays the ultimate villain in a Canadian TV show I love called Forever Knight. unfortunately it was cancelled after the third season in a cliffhanger episode. But he rocks as Lucien LaCroix. Nick Knight's Vampire master. The guy has a twisted sense of humor but at the same time just OOZES evil from him. PERFECT villain.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Darth Vader
View Quote

Yep. [:)]
View Quote

Darth Vader could whip all these other guys asses.

[img]http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/126/126495/folders/77338/532866vader13.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Dark Helmet could take that boy!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I can't remember this one bad guy, He was an albino and a stuntman turn actor. He had one bad guy role and then died in some accident. Was scary as all getout.
View Quote
I believe you're thinking of Dar Robinson who played the albino bad guy Moki in Stick. He was killed by a drunk driver while driving his motorcycle right after wrapping up Lethal Weapon (he was the stunt coordinator.)

Though pale skinned and blond, he was not an albino. He did have a pretty cool exchange with Burt Reynolds in Stick though:
Moki (Dar Robinson):   [i]What are you looking at?[/i]
Stick (Burt Reynolds)  [i]I've never seen someone with bunny-eyes before.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stuck in the middle with you..

[url]http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10060000/10060226.jpg[/url]
View Quote

yes either this or tony montana

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Hopper in a bugs life
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hopper in a bugs life
View Quote

Vinny Jones as Bullettooth Tony in Snatch
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#37]
First on e to jump to mind...

Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner

I like "bad guys" who are not really bad guys...

t
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#38]
John Doe / Kevin Spacey

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13588[/img]

"[red]Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal. After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one. This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets! A woman... so ugly on the inside she couldn't bear to go on living if she couldn't be beautiful on the outside. A drug dealer, a drug dealing pederast, actually! And let's not forget the disease-spreading whore! Only in a world this shitty could you even try to say these were innocent people and keep a straight face. But that's the point. We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not anymore. I'm setting the example. What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever.[/red]"

...or, maybe he was really sort of a [i]good[/i] guy? [}:D]

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agent Smith. Professional, suave, and posessing a distinct sense of humor about his job.
View Quote

I agree and maybe Hannibal Lecter as well
View Quote

I agree!!! Hannibul and Agent Smith. I'll add Dennis Hopper from Speed, too: "Pop Quiz, Hot Shot....there's a bomb on the bus.....what do you do? WHAT do you do?" *classic, simply classic
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Oh yea, I forgot: John Malcovich in The Jackal
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I rented a movie called "The Grey Zone" that was made last year.  It was the story of the only armed uprising in Auschwitz during WWII.

Havey Keitel played Oberscharfuhrer Muhlsdorf, a low-level overseer at the camp.  He played this guy so hard and cold I had to remind myself he was only ACTING!

Get this movie... see this movie!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Michael Douglas in "Falling Down"
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:59:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:14:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Ming the Merciless in the old Flash Gordon movies.  How many of you remember him?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#45]
I ALWAYS LIKED THE SHARK IN THE JAWS MOVIES. HE WAS ALWAYS THE BADDEST DUDE AROUND FOR ME FOLLOWED CLOSELY BY VADER AND THEN WILE COYOTE.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Jaws

[img]http://actionadventure.about.com/library/graphics/2001/aa021601a2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#47]
BRIAN Cox as Hannibal Lecter in "Manhunter"
Tom Noonan as Francis Dolarhyde in "Manhunter"
Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter In "SotL"
Henry Fonda as Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the West"
Jack Palance in "Shane"
Gary Oldham in "True Romance", "The Professional"
Christopher Walken in "True Romance"
Bricktop
Vin Diesel in "Pitch Black"
Spiers in Band of Brothers(I'd have transferred to his command though)
R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket
Wez from "the Road Warrior" The fact that he was queer made him twice as scary!
BARNEY!(the horror, the horror)

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#48]
[img]http://www.sonypictures.com/Pictures/SonyMovies/movies/Fifth/ver_us/movie/zorg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
John Doe / Kevin Spacey

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13588[/url]

"[red]Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal. After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one. This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets! A woman... so ugly on the inside she couldn't bear to go on living if she couldn't be beautiful on the outside. A drug dealer, a drug dealing pederast, actually! And let's not forget the disease-spreading whore! Only in a world this shitty could you even try to say these were innocent people and keep a straight face. But that's the point. We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not anymore. I'm setting the example. What I've done is going to be puzzled over and studied and followed... forever.[/red]"

...or, maybe he was really sort of a [i]good[/i] guy? [}:D]

View Quote

That's a great movie.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#50]
All my favs have been mentioned... some other more obscure ones:

- All of the '13 ghosts'

- Vincent D'Onofrio in The Cell

- The old preacher in Poltergiest II

- Kevin Spacey in Swimming with Sharks

- Ash's hand in Evil Dead 2 [:D]

- Christian Bale in American Psycho

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top