Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Captain Morgan Spiced Rum...Good stuff

I used to be a straight up beer drinker till I met the Captain
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's one I haven't seen on the list and its the only bourbon that I can drink on the rocks like my favorite Scotch,   Old Forrester
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Chicks dig amaretto. Get DiSaronno, the DeKuyper's is sheite.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want a really really great Scotch for your 21st birthday....find a restaurant that serves Johnnie Walker Blue.  order a glass after dinner...and enjoy.  Then, just pay the check without looking at the $30-$35 price tag. lol

Happy Birthday in advance.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Jack19, I tried JWBlue and I was disappointed to say the least and I love a good Scotch. The best part was I didn't have to pay for it. I have seen the price tag and that was at duty free, glad I don't like it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Cognac- Remy Martin Louis XIII, or XO

Single Malt- Highland Park or Talisker

Rum- Wray and Nephew Overproof White

Trust Me, I owned a Liquor store and have tried most
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
4-6 Pack of Red Bull or sugar free red bull(seriously I can't tell a difference)

Bottle of Jagermeizter

Pour redbull in a glass
Fill a shotglass up with the Jager
Drop shotglass and all into redbull and suck it down.

This is called a Jager Bomb. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Spars.  I hope you're not going to the liquor store and buy every fricking brand that you listed there for your 21st B-day.[:D]
 On the second thought, never mind.  You have only one 21st B-day in your lifetime.
View Quote

LOL... well depending on how much money I have, We'll see. So far I've paid off the 1911 and part of the XD9. I'll probably just pick up a few things but of the little bottles.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey, Rogerdoger!  Looks like you and I have the same tastes in Scotch - Highland Park kicks major ass!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey, Rogerdoger!  Looks like you and I have the same tastes in Scotch - Highland Park kicks major ass!
View Quote

aint nuttin better than the Highland
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Fellas.. bought some grey goose vodka and gentleman's Jack today. Raven your right about this vodka.. pretty smooth. I'll be hitting up the gentleman's jack tomorrow. =)

Thanks again for all the suggestions.... I'll eventually have damn near everything on the list.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Vodka, Grey Goose is the choice of everyone who loves vodka and isn't trying to impress anyone, a bottle should be $20-30, depending on your state taxes.

Everyone loves Knob Creek, again $20-30.

I really like Black Bush for a sipping whiskey, but not everyone does, it is thick and smoky.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
whoever said Old Bushmills hit the mark. Triple-blended Irish whiskey. Can you say smoooooth?

Remember, God invented liquor so the Irish wouldn't take over the world!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its summertime, when the civilized folks drink Tanqueray and tonic with a twist of lime.
View Quote
The lump, got it right.
View Quote

...and 3 dash's of bitters!!   [:P]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I logged in just for this.
I am a scotch drinker so here goes just a little advice.
Lagavulin is one of my favorites. But it has a heavy taste of peat that some don't enjoy. You will find it in a 16 year vintage.
Talisker, form the Isle of Skye, has a similar taste but lighter. Both are for those who want to enjoy a robust scotch.
Glenmorange has a smoother more mellow taste and can be obtained in several different vintages. There is a ten year old that is light and as you go on, say to an 18 year old, it seems to have a hearthier taste. I currently have a bottle of Rare Malt but you can find Glenmorange aged in a few different woods and they are all good choices.
Some people enjoy Oban which has a sharper taste than the above and of course there are many other single malts.
If you are going to drink scotch stay away from the blends as they will sour your taste on a fine whisky.
View Quote

I enjoy a bit of Scotch every once in a while, what does peat taste like? The mediciny taste comes from what?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Try Mezcal a smoother tasting "tequila" product made from the Mescaline plant, I believe, I had it once we brought it up from Mexico in 1976. Its high is Mescaline like, very different than a regular "alcohol" high.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey Fellas.. bought some grey goose vodka and gentleman's Jack today. Raven your right about this vodka.. pretty smooth. I'll be hitting up the gentleman's jack tomorrow. =)

Thanks again for all the suggestions.... I'll eventually have damn near everything on the list.
View Quote

out of all the good vodkas out there
u go FRENCH
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Try Mezcal a smoother tasting "tequila" product made from the Mescaline plant, I believe, I had it once we brought it up from Mexico in 1976. Its high is Mescaline like, very different than a regular "alcohol" high.
View Quote

LMAO.....mescaline is a psychoactive alkaloid from cacti like Peyote and San Pedro Cactus.

Mescal is liquor distilled from any agave plant anywhere in Mexico. Tequila refers to the liquor distilled from the Blue Agave plant harvested in the Tequila region of Mexico....like how champagne is sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France. All champagne is is a sparkling wine, but not all sparkling wine is Champagne.

You wont find mescaline in agave plants, or the liquor distilled from it.

I've never had Mescal before, I've only seen it in Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats is coming - let me give you some advice from my friend Uncle Wiley.

Ater years of trial and error it all boils down to this - DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT CLEARLY SEE THROUGH.

Purity is the ultimate in liquor so Vodka, Gin, Everclear are all fair game - Tequila, Jack, Scotch - they are all just pastimes until you lean how to drink like a refined gentleman.

Vodka (not that Country Club crap that goes for 16.95 a gallon) such as Stoli, Grey Goose (careful , it's wicked) Finlandia etc. are the best.

Tonic is the mixer of choice.

Uncle Wiley's favorite - Vodka (you can keep it in the freezer for months - it won't freeze but it will be c-c-c-c-cold) - and tonic with a bit of squeezed lime and 2 big honkin' green olives over Ice. empty and reload - enjoy
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]
My usual fixes are either a Captain and Coke, or The Glenlivet when I'm in the mood for a Scotch.

Captain Morgan is around $16 a bottle, and The Glenlivet should be somewhere around $25.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]
[size=6][center][blue]Mad Dog 20/20![/blue][/center][/size=6]
[booze]

Now that's a good beginners drink.  I can’t think of another Potion of Power that will induct you to the Hangover Hall Of Fame.

PS[bday] Happy Birthday
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Vodka tonic with a twist of lime is the best summer drink out there.
View Quote

I used to order those all of the time, but this guy told me: "That is an old man's drink".
Is that true?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vodka tonic with a twist of lime is the best summer drink out there.
View Quote

I used to order those all of the time, but this guy told me: "That is an old man's drink".
Is that true?
View Quote

When we were all 21-22 and out of college, that was the cocktail of choice.  A movie "The Last Days of Disco" calls the vodka tonic the ultimate girl-out-of-college drink.

Whatever.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO.....mescaline is a psychoactive alkaloid from cacti like Peyote and San Pedro Cactus.

Mescal is liquor distilled from any agave plant anywhere in Mexico. Tequila refers to the liquor distilled from the Blue Agave plant harvested in the Tequila region of Mexico....like how champagne is sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France. All champagne is is a sparkling wine, but not all sparkling wine is Champagne.

You wont find mescaline in agave plants, or the liquor distilled from it.

I've never had Mescal before, I've only seen it in Mexico.
View Quote

WOW, glad to hear we weren't using ILLEGAL drugs by our own youthful stupidity! [;)]

I stand corrected BUT I do have to tell you though, I was preeeeety big on tequila shots once and NO high was like Mezcal, ever.

Thanks for the edjumacashun!

BTW, you can order it now over the internet thorough what look to be US distributors.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#28]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=11185[/img]

Dis iz the shizznit!Be sure to store it in the freezer [b]only[/b].

Also, I will have [green]Tanqueray[/green] from time to time.

[u]Eric/Tyler's favorite shott[/u]:

3oz. shott glass
[b]1 1/2 oz. RumpleMinze (from the freezer)
1 1/2 oz. Bacardi 151[/b]

Be sure to have good vitamin B and C supplements and Advil at hand - makes life much easier the next day.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top