Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 9:12:50 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a NIB Beretta 1201FP with pistol grip stock, ghost ring sights and 7 round mag tube for $560. I like how light it is and I guess it is a good stand in for the Benelli I can never afford.

Any of you guys have one? Opinions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Given how light they are, are they controllable or do they kick like a mule? I guess the gas system dampens the recoil out a bit?

Do they make sidesaddles for them?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one, it's recoil is about the same as a pump of the same weight. I would not recommend a side saddle, 1 or 2 people I know have had problems with them, although most do not, it could affect reliability.

Mine shoots 2 3/4target through 3"mags reliably and FAST!

If it is the same set up as mine, the front site will be tritium

the price is below dealer cost as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Good deal!  Get it!
The SideSaddle for the Benelli Super90 will fit.
The 1201FP has a slight scallop cut above the triggerguard where the Benelli doesn't.  The backplate of the SideSaddle will just cover up the scallop, it won't affect operation.
I love my 1201FPG3.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=6287  [/img]

Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for several years. It is a great shotgun at a great price.

The recoil with magnum slugs is a bit exciting. I guess that's the price you pay for light weight. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the opportunity to purchase a NIB Beretta 1201FP with pistol grip stock, ghost ring sights and 7 round mag tube for $560. I like how light it is and I guess it is a good stand in for the Benelli I can never afford.
View Quote

that's a very good price, buy it

no gas system, recoil operated a-la-Benelli

recoil is on par with a pump action, my Benelli has some bite, but it's FUN! [heavy]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
That was my hands down favorite shotgun until some fuckstick crapmallet stole it.  Buy it, you wont regret it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Excellent shotgun.  Comes off the same assempbly line as the Benelli, as you know Beretta owns benelli.  They are slightly different and IMHO, the Beretta is the better of the two.  We carried them as our standard cruiser shotgun.  Price is excellent, and if I was ever going to buy another shotgun, this would be it.
View Quote

OT: Ahh... that's why HK USA is no longer distributing Benelli, and the distributor for the Benelli shotguns have the same address as Barettta USA. I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to have one.  Great gun, very reliable and fast shooting.  I reccommend you get it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Great shotgun and that is a decent price. They are not good for a day of shooting clays though and don't stick a 3" shell in it and hand it to your wife\GF.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
One of my favorite authors once wrote a review of this shotgun:

[url]http://no-treason.com/laissezfirearm/1201fp.htm[/url]

It's too bad he's not around to write anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one with a standard stock which I prefer to the PG stock.

It's my favorite shotgun.

The manaual of arms takes a bit of getting used to.

The magazine shroud is an added bonus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top