Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2003 11:13:21 PM EDT
How many of you have a teenage daughter? One you're sure won't have sex and get pregnant? How many teenage daughters of friends or acqaintances have gotten pregnant? And their parents were sure too, right? I have a cousin who went to church two or three times a week her whole life. She was not a slut hang out smoke cigarettes, weed and get f**ked up girl. However, just after high school, actually her first semester of college she got pregnant. My aunt and uncle were shocked. How could a girl raised so correctly get pregnant? [b][red]She's human![/b][/red], that's how and why. When I started dating my first real girlfriend and she was allowed to go places with me her mom had a discussion with her and a much shorter one with me. She didn't threaten to kill me if her daughter got pregnant. She asked me if I would go with or take my girlfriend to the clinic to have a checkup and get birth control pills. My girlfriend's mom was married to an asshole who got [u]her[/u] pregnant in high school. At the time I thought "Damn, this is cool! Her mom's letting her do this" get birthcontrol pills that is. Now I look back and see all the girls of my and her age that got pregnant. I can think of about ten of the top of my head. This in a town of 2700 and a school with the senior class being 65 students counting the ones who failed or dropped out just prior to graduation. Her mom was just wise. Yeah, you're going to say, "they won't use a rubber." Well all those girls getting pregnant are having sex without condoms or one hell of a percentage are bursting. If I ever have a daughter, when she gets "that age", I'm going to put her on birth control. I'm not going to say it's alright.I'll say the opposite I suspect. Screwing up her life and the life of a kid who won't be much older than his mother is far worse in my eyes. TS Let the flaming begin.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:21:39 PM EDT
I couldn't agree more. I would sooner accept the fact that my daughter is sexually active, and safe; than hope that she will do the right thing, and have her get knocked up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:42:44 PM EDT
There are several items on the market now that are much better than the pill. There are 4 different kinds of birth control, two IUDs and two kinds of subcutainious implants that guarentee protection for more than 5 years, one is good for 10 in fact. No pregnancy scares because you missed a pil. Course they are not advertised in the US due to pressure from religious groups.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:47:02 PM EDT
WTF has the world come to when people don't even have the common sense to use a 25 cent piece of latex?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:48:56 PM EDT
The implanted ones, are they like Norplant? There were several problems with those, IIRC? You have a link? Not questioning the veracity of your post, just would like to check it out. TS
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:50:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos: WTF has the world come to when people don't even have the common sense to use a 25 cent piece of latex?
View Quote
Did you [b]read[/b] my post? TS BTW, I still used condoms about half the time even with the BCP.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:01:03 AM EDT
I've heard good reports with Depo-Provera shot. good for 3 months. No pills to miss, yet no implants to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:04:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By NAM: I've heard good reports with Depo-Provera shot. good for 3 months. No pills to miss, yet no implants to worry about.
View Quote
Good to see they've made progress. I won't have a teenage daughter for at least 14 years. TS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:05:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:09:03 AM EDT
When I was younger I always used rubbers. No matter what the chick said she was on. I never wanted to hear "this must of happened becuase I forgot to take my pill. I think its important if you are going to put you duaghter on the pill or any other form of birth control that you should have a talk with her about making him wrap it too. Just remember the pill does not protect you from STD's.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:12:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 12:14:21 AM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
Originally Posted By TigerStripe: The implanted ones, are they like Norplant? There were several problems with those, IIRC? You have a link? Not questioning the veracity of your post, just would like to check it out. TS
View Quote
Norplant is one of the implants. The other is called Implanon. The two IUDs are the Copper T, which is the one good for 10 years, and the other is called Mirena, which combines a IUD with slow release Levonorgestrel. Acording to medical reports from the UK, it is the most effective birth control device tested, ever. Pregnancy rates were statistially on a par with surgical sterilization. It is good for 5 years. Now all of these have some side effects. But between the 4 of them there is something that any woman can use. Mirena has the least amount of side effects of the 4 because of its low hormone doseages. There is still great fear about marketing IUDs in this country after the Dalkon Shield affair in the 70's. Some of the literature for IUDs released in the US contains a recomindation for their use only in women who have already had a child- there is no such warning in the UK literature, just a reminder that petite women and young teens should be carefully examined to ensure that their uterus is large enough to accept the device. The warning in the US is soley to protect the company from frivolus law suits. Oh, you still need to wear condoms for STD reasons.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:16:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: Putting here on birth control tells her you do not trust her. She will end up earning all the trust you show her.
View Quote
Ok I'll bite HOW does it show that you don't trust her. Oh by the way, you do remember that a girl does not have to give her permission to get pregnant...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:47:43 AM EDT
As I recall from my youth - teenage girls are [b]not[/b] exactly what I would call the [b]most[/b] reliable and responsible human beings in the world. They might keep up with taking the pill at the same time every day for the first couple of weeks or months, but don't be so sure that "emotions" or just plain inattentiveness won't result in the birth of your grandchild.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:55:17 AM EDT
TigerStripe, I was not being critical of you, I was being critical of a society where countless idiots partake in consensual sex at an early age, resulting in teen pregnancy and the propagation of STDs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:55:51 AM EDT
Oral contraceptives are around 99 percent effective in the lab or with selected control groups of married adults. Reality is usually in the low 80%. There are something like a million pregnancies a year from women who were taking oral contraceptives the month they got pregnant. Barrier methods are even less effective. The younger the age group the less effective they are. Because they all involve active involvement by the user either on a regular basis or at the time of intercourse. The current patterns in young adult society in this country of binge drinking and recreational narcotics use doesn't help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:01:26 AM EDT
Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if RU486 were available. Simple. Have sex, pop pill next morning, egg drops.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:07:14 AM EDT
I won't discuss the moral implications of multiple sex partners, since you already said that you didn't agree with your daughter going out and having sex. However, what I want to point out (along with someone above) is that perhaps this is a [b]bad idea[/b] because it could give her a false sence of security. Sure, she may not have sex, but, like you said, she's human. I would think that the chances are, if she [i]does[/i] decide to have sex, that she would think that since she's on the pill, she can have sex without consequences, and that type of thinking could lead to AIDS. If you're going to buy her pills, you should probably also buy her condoms, and convince her to use them. Then there's the emotional aspect of having sex with more than one person... Not that everyone here is a Christian, but for those that are, has anyone ever read The Bible and came away with the impression that if you have sex with someone that you're married to them in the Biblical sense?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:08:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Xer0: Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if RU486 were available. Simple. Have sex, pop pill next morning, egg drops.
View Quote
Abortion = Disgusting (If you would like to argue about it, start a new thread)
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:09:27 AM EDT
The fact is as soon as a woman has sex out of marriage she is doomed to spend eternity in hell. There is only one solution, marry 'em young. By the time a women is 10 or 11 she ought to be on her second baby and married to a guy whose about 45 or 50 (you know someone who can guide her to salvation). I'm pretty sure that's all in the book of Mark or was it Luke? One of those bible people said it, I'm pretty sure.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:23:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Xer0: Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if RU486 were available. Simple. Have sex, pop pill next morning, egg drops.
View Quote
If you can't remember to take the pill before jumping in the sack, why would you remember to take it after...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:40:10 AM EDT
Do you think some of the motivations regarding this might be that our childrens' failure illuminates our failure as parents to train them properly? I know when one of my kids makes a bad decision I ask myself, "What could [b]I[/b] have done to prevent this? As a parent, how could I have done my job better?" Don't you think that a talk discouraging your daughter from engaging in sexual activities followed by a handful of birth control pills is a mixed message? "I don't want you to do this, but if you do use these." Equipping kids for this stuff is a virtual guarantee that they [i]will[/i] do it. As noted above, there are bigger things than just preventing preganancy to consider. These pills won't stop STDs, and some of the latest ones scare the daylights out of penecillin. The ONLY safe sex is abstinence before marriage and monogamy within marriage. Anything else, in today's "health" environment, is playing moron roulette with 5 chambers loaded. Sex can kill you these days. We were pretty straight forward in educating our daughter. We tried to teach a healthy, moral attitude toward the subject of sex. For example, that it is good (because God created it, and what He makes is good), but it is intended to be enjoyed within the context of marriage. She has seen girls her age & younger who are now single mothers, and she doesn't want that. She has been taught the virtue of waiting until marriage and she is committed to that goal. Here is an organization promoting abstinence and responsibility that is making a difference. Is anything 100%? Of course not. But knowing the results will be less than perfect is no reason to give up. How many of you shoot perfectly when you go to the range? None of course, but you keep working toward that goal. [url]http://www.heritageservices.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:42:07 AM EDT
And the, "I'm/he's/she's only human" argument is the most common thing I've heard for avoiding personal responsibility for not doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:56:14 AM EDT
TigerStripe said: Screwing up her life and the life of a kid who won't be much older than his mother is far worse in my eyes.
View Quote
You find very few kids that aren't "much older than his mother". LOL Sorry TigerStripe old buddy, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:03:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:Oh by the way, you do remember that a girl does not have to give her permission to get pregnant...
View Quote
sex causes babies
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:41:40 AM EDT
TigerStripe, With one lil 19 mos old boy and wife preg with another (7 weeks). I am praying for another boy...say what you want bout daddy's lil girl...blah blah blah... but the girl and her family are most often left holding the unplanned baby while the daddy takes off. Scares the crap out of me, so I am currently yelling at my wifes belly, "GROW A PENIS!" When my boys get older I will be having long talks with them. They will be taught to respect women as well as abstain till marriage. Things no one talked to me about, but wished now that they would have. Also, their first date will be with mom. That teaches them how they should treat their date, repectful, curteous, financially responsible, etc. I have heard of a lot of dads being their daughter's first date, taking them out somewhere special and modeling the type of behavior that their daughter SHOULD EXPECT from their dates, teaching them that anything less is disrespectfull and unacceptable. Our kids learn the most by watching us, we are the first real teachers our kids have. I wish you the best with your girls. Remember, that our kids learn how to treat / be treated in a relationship by watching how their parents interacted. Just a lil food for thought.,
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:59:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 4:59:43 AM EDT by Brohawk]
Three things I taught my daughter regarding boys: 1. There is no such thing as a good boy (I know from personal experience!). 2. If a boy says he loves you and he's trying to get you to do something you know you shouldn't HE'S LYING! 3. The knee and the elbow. [;)] And one more: She can always count on Dad!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:13:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der: Scares the crap out of me, so I am currently yelling at my wifes belly, "GROW A PENIS!"
View Quote
That's funny!! As the father of two young boys I can't tell you how relieved I am about the pregnacy issue. But now I worry about surviving the stupid things that almost all boys do... Driving 90+ at 1 am (or anytime), getting into fights, drinking and driving, etc. Regarding The Pill: There is a new horomonal method out, introduced about year ago, the Organon Nuva Ring. It is a vaginal ring inserted at the begining of each month. No pill to remember each day. Recommend it highly. Kent
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:37:08 AM EDT
Medical technology is not a substitute for moral virtue. Jeez- did I say that? Where's my Nomex long johns???? Incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:01:03 AM EDT
Those who think they can get teenagers to over ride the sex drive are themselves on drugs. It fails now as it has for 2000 years. Best you can do is provide them with information. I raised my daughter alone. When she reached "the age" we had a long talk. I suggested she not rush into sex but that I knew she would do so eventually if she was normal. BC was discussed and ENCOURAGED. I tried to scare hell out of her about STD's. She told me about what she did and with whom, openly. She was pretty responsible most of the time and learned quickly how people will use you. I am pleased with the result although I take no credit for the outcome. She is married to a good man, had my first grandchild at the age of 25 as she was completing nursing school. No STD's , no early pregnancy and a healthy attitude. I am proud of my kid. Best of luck with yours!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:16:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 6:18:54 AM EDT by CKMorley]
Originally Posted By darealickt: As I recall from my youth - teenage girls are [b]not[/b] exactly what I would call the [b]most[/b] reliable and responsible human beings in the world. They might keep up with taking the pill at the same time every day for the first couple of weeks or months, but don't be so sure that "emotions" or just plain inattentiveness won't result in the birth of your grandchild.
View Quote
And teen boys are worse.... many will knowingly go without protection... utterly convinced "it" won't happen to them. I have a buddy (now age 35) who is STILL convinced a girl can't get preggers the "first time" and that "pulling out" actually works. When he knocked up his GF at 17, he blamed a broken rubber, as did both my sisters when they got preggers before marriage. My budd now has an 11 year old girl... I wonder if he'll get her on BC in High School, or just tell her boyfriend to be quick on the draw...... CKMorley
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:16:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Three things I taught my daughter regarding boys: 1. There is no such thing as a good boy (I know from personal experience!). 2. If a boy says he loves you and he's trying to get you to do something you know you shouldn't HE'S LYING! 3. The knee and the elbow. [;)] And one more: She can always count on Dad!
View Quote
Amen! I dread the day my daughter starts dating!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:17:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Medical technology is not a substitute for moral virtue.
View Quote
I could not agree more. Where are the dad's? I've only seen a couple of comments in 2 pages of replies that I would consider good fathering. Daughters need dad's love, and when they have sex with boy's that's what they are crying out for. Spend quality time with your daughter every day. Let her decide if she want's to be on the pill after she get's married.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:22:23 AM EDT
Develop a loving and trusting relationship with your daughter. Maintain open and non-judgemental lines of communication. And recommend she goes the anal route! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:27:46 AM EDT
My daughter is 18 and out of high school. She has a steady boyfriend and they are talking about getting married next April/May. They have talked openly about their joint commitment to abstain until marriage. Is anything 100%? Absolutely not. However, kids like I've described here don't "just happen." Fathering her and training her to be a mature, responsible young adult has taken years of hard work. It definitely wasn't easy. It took a lot of effort, hard decisions, sacrifice, pain, tears, and LIVING a moral life before her (Kids are really quick to pick up on a double standard). I have a high level of confidence in her because of the good judgment she has demonstrated thus far in her life. Sure, there is a chance that they might make a bad decision. If she does and becomes pregnant, I can't see myself getting rid of my grandchild for her convenience and my reputation. Kids will be kids? Sure. And mine is being a damn good one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:45:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: My daughter is 18 and out of high school. She has a steady boyfriend and they are talking about getting married next April/May. They have talked openly about their joint commitment to abstain until marriage. Is anything 100%? Absolutely not. However, kids like I've described here don't "just happen." Fathering her and training her to be a mature, responsible young adult has taken years of hard work. It definitely wasn't easy. It took a lot of effort, hard decisions, sacrifice, pain, tears, and LIVING a moral life before her (Kids are really quick to pick up on a double standard). I have a high level of confidence in her because of the good judgment she has demonstrated thus far in her life. Sure, there is a chance that they might make a bad decision. If she does and becomes pregnant, I can't see myself getting rid of my grandchild for her convenience and my reputation. Kids will be kids? Sure. And mine is being a damn good one.
View Quote
Outstanding
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:49:40 AM EDT
Thanx, but I can't take credit. I actaully thank God for what He's been able to do with her in spite of my parenting. [;)] I was highly remiss in not mentioning all the prayer that was directed toward her too!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:01:09 AM EDT
Well Brohawk I am happy your daughter found someone who shares the same cultic beleifs that she does, and that her father does. However. For those who do not subscribe to your particular religious cult, there is no reason to depend on something as proven ineffective as abstiance. There is simply no point to it anymore.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:31:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: ...there is no reason to depend on something as proven ineffective as abstiance. There is simply no point to it anymore.
View Quote
??? Abstinence is the only 100% effective method of birth control. Some may belive that our current situation is different than in the past, and therefore we don't need to prescribe to traditional morality. That however is an illusion. Traditional morality is the thread that hold the fabric of our society together. You can pull the thread out in multiple places and not notice a difference. But after enough threads have been pulled, there will be no fabric left.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:42:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: My daughter is 18 and out of high school. She has a steady boyfriend and they are talking about getting married next April/May. They have talked openly about their joint commitment to abstain until marriage. Is anything 100%? Absolutely not. However, kids like I've described here don't "just happen." Fathering her and training her to be a mature, responsible young adult has taken years of hard work. It definitely wasn't easy. It took a lot of effort, hard decisions, sacrifice, pain, tears, and LIVING a moral life before her (Kids are really quick to pick up on a double standard). I have a high level of confidence in her because of the good judgment she has demonstrated thus far in her life. Sure, there is a chance that they might make a bad decision. If she does and becomes pregnant, I can't see myself getting rid of my grandchild for her convenience and my reputation. Kids will be kids? Sure. And mine is being a damn good one.
View Quote
Did you read my post? The part about my cousin? She's not a made up character. She was raised like your daughter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:50:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe: How could a girl raised so correctly get pregnant?
View Quote
Probably because she wasn't raised "right", but I'm just guessing. I am a Christian and have gone to church since I was a baby, and I have a big problem with how parents generally treat the subject of sex or relationships. Kids are repeatedly told they shouldn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend, most of the time they are not allowed to date, they are pressured into not dating through high school and (hopefully) college. I don't know what these parents are smoking. All this time also they're told sex is soooo bad if they do it they will lose all their self esteem and drop out of school and start doing drugs and have mental problems. What happens is the girls really get into this no dating thing, they get so brainwashed into thinking they are perfect princesses and nobody is good enough for them, and all the boys are just going to have to wait! So the guys end up dating girls outside of church, who end up being sluts and want to have sex. Now, these little princesses get to college and find out all the guys around them having been "saving" themselves (gosh, they should be trying to court me now, and send me flowers and poems, and after 2 years of this maybe we could go on a "date" with my little sister as chaperon, then after 2 years of that ... etc.). Then, they actually do go on a date for the first time with some college stud who's been honing his skills at boning chicks ever since junior high, she melts and spreads her legs. The only other option I've seen is for them to marry some guy who's about 20 years her senior, major male pattern baldness, big beard, and some kind of missionary or something. If you guys have seen this as well let me know, I'd like to know if this phenomenon is country-wide.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:50:29 AM EDT
I know [b]and[/b] posted that using BCPs won't keep her from getting STDs. Condoms are necessary to prevent STDs. Kids say they use them. So how do the great numbers of girls get pregnant. The condom stopped the STDs but didn't stop the sperm? TS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:01:24 AM EDT
anal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:08:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SNorman: I am a Christian and have gone to church since I was a baby, and I have a big problem with how parents generally treat the subject of sex or relationships. Kids are repeatedly told they shouldn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend, most of the time they are not allowed to date, they are pressured into not dating through high school and (hopefully) college. I don't know what these parents are smoking. All this time also they're told sex is soooo bad if they do it they will lose all their self esteem and drop out of school and start doing drugs and have mental problems. What happens is the girls really get into this no dating thing, they get so brainwashed into thinking they are perfect princesses and nobody is good enough for them, and all the boys are just going to have to wait! So the guys end up dating girls outside of church, who end up being sluts and want to have sex. Now, these little princesses get to college and find out all the guys around them having been "saving" themselves (gosh, they should be trying to court me now, and send me flowers and poems, and after 2 years of this maybe we could go on a "date" with my little sister as chaperon, then after 2 years of that ... etc.). Then, they actually do go on a date for the first time with some college stud who's been honing his skills at boning chicks ever since junior high, she melts and spreads her legs.
View Quote
This is 100% accurate for what is happening with todays kids. That is how I was raise, that is what I was taught. As I guy I realized that what I was "taught" is a bunch of crap and does not work in today's society. My parents put such a huge emphasis on waiting until marriage to have sex, how you should "save" yourself, and only "share" it with your spouse. How this was such a big deal and would ruin a marriage without it. Well, my cousin and his girlfriend waited, he got married younger, 22 & 19. Both were raised in strict religious households and both were raise "right". I think part of the rush to marry at a young age was so they could finally fool around as they had been together 4 years at that point. Well, 2 years later they got divorced. I guess "saving" themselves for each other made everything work, yeah right. It's best to wait as long as possible before having sex, as that is all you want once you get it. But if someone thinks that the lessons they teach their little girl will carry through when she goes off on her own and get's drunk around several guys who have mastered the technique of getting women in bed, you are just fooling yourselves.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:15:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe: I know [b]and[/b] posted that using BCPs won't keep her from getting STDs. Condoms are necessary to prevent STDs. Kids say they use them. So how do the great numbers of girls get pregnant. The condom stopped the STDs but didn't stop the sperm? TS
View Quote
Well as I posted above the real world effectiveness of barriers is far lower than in the lab because of many human factors. When they are having sex they don't stop to change his condom after every ejaculation for example. But mostly they are not telling the truth, they didn't use the condoms they brought because they were too drunk or stoned to think about it. And no the condoms don't stop the STD but let in sperm. You have fallen for the media hype about the previlance of STDs, designed to scare people into abstinance. Every male has sperm, every female has eggs, not every male or female has a STD. MOST people are clean but most people are also fertile. The overwhelming number of people with STDs are in the sex industry, users of the sex industry, and people who are party goers, people who think that its fun to go on weekends and holidays and get shitfaced and get laid-wether they intended to get laid or not when they left home. None of this has a bearing on if your teenage daughter has a steady boyfriend and wants to sleep with him. THIS is a completely different kind of behavior. And one that poses little danger provided that you help her get protecton, or at least don't get in her way. A side note about "good girls" who go and get pregnant. Its called the "baby doll" syndrome, a variation on Munchousen syndrome by proxy. Some adolecent girls with emotional problems will get pregnant deliberately in order to get attention and security from her and the fathers parents and/or the state. They create a hostage basicly. They use the fear people have that the innocent child will be harmed if you deny the mother, to get people to continue taking care of THEM financially and emotionally-as if they were still a child too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:42:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 10:44:29 AM EDT by TigerStripe]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Originally Posted By TigerStripe: I know [b]and[/b] posted that using BCPs won't keep her from getting STDs. Condoms are necessary to prevent STDs. Kids say they use them. So how do the great numbers of girls get pregnant. The condom stopped the STDs but didn't stop the sperm? TS
View Quote
Well as I posted above the real world effectiveness of barriers is far lower than in the lab because of many human factors. When they are having sex they don't stop to change his condom after every ejaculation for example. But mostly they are not telling the truth, they didn't use the condoms they brought because they were too drunk or stoned to think about it. And no the condoms don't stop the STD but let in sperm. You have fallen for the media hype about the previlance of STDs, designed to scare people into abstinance. Every male has sperm, every female has eggs, not every male or female has a STD. MOST people are clean but most people are also fertile. The overwhelming number of people with STDs are in the sex industry, users of the sex industry, and people who are party goers, people who think that its fun to go on weekends and holidays and get shitfaced and get laid-wether they intended to get laid or not when they left home. None of this has a bearing on if your teenage daughter has a steady boyfriend and wants to sleep with him. THIS is a completely different kind of behavior. And one that poses little danger provided that you help her get protecton, or at least don't get in her way. A side note about "good girls" who go and get pregnant. Its called the "baby doll" syndrome, a variation on Munchousen syndrome by proxy. Some adolecent girls with emotional problems will get pregnant deliberately in order to get attention and security from her and the fathers parents and/or the state. They create a hostage basicly. They use the fear people have that the innocent child will be harmed if you deny the mother, to get people to continue taking care of THEM financially and emotionally-as if they were still a child too.
View Quote
No, no. I was being sarcastic/smartass. I agree with your idea the Munchhausen's by proxy concept. TS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:48:12 PM EDT
Well Brohawk I am happy your daughter found someone who shares the same cultic beleifs that she does, and that her father does. However. For those who do not subscribe to your particular religious cult, there is no reason to depend on something as proven ineffective as abstiance. There is simply no point to it anymore.
View Quote
Well, Lib, I figured giving her a moral foundation for decision making was better than enabling her to make excuses for a lack of self control. Abstinence (the correct spelling) IS effective because of the sperm and egg do not join there is no pregnancy. Other BC methods, the pill, condoms, and even rhythm, do have failure rates. You say there is no point to abstinence anymore? Are you on the same planet? Common sense should say that there is no point to wanton, random sex when you consider the epidemic rates of STDs. However, liberalism by its nature rebels against tradition and proven standards of responsible conduct. Your cynical, sarcastic tone tells a lot about you. It's like you can't stand to see somebody do well in life. Go see Ken Hamblin for a Certificate of Absolution.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:40:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der: Scares the crap out of me, so I am currently yelling at my wifes belly, "GROW A PENIS!" ,
View Quote
yer gonna end up with a SHE-MALE [shock]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:53:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
View Quote
Well, Lib, I figured giving her a moral foundation for decision making was better than enabling her to make excuses for a lack of self control. Abstinence (the correct spelling) IS effective because of the sperm and egg do not join there is no pregnancy. Other BC methods, the pill, condoms, and even rhythm, do have failure rates. You say there is no point to abstinence anymore? Are you on the same planet? Common sense should say that there is no point to wanton, random sex when you consider the epidemic rates of STDs. However, liberalism by its nature rebels against tradition and proven standards of responsible conduct. Your cynical, sarcastic tone tells a lot about you. It's like you can't stand to see somebody do well in life. Go see Ken Hamblin for a Certificate of Absolution.
View Quote
When did having sex with a significant other become "wanton random sex"? From your abbreviated list of choices, you seem to not only be totally ignorant about the topic, but you didn't even bother to read the earlier posts in the thread from which you might have educated yourself. Also, when you have birth control availabe whos accidental pregnacy rate is the same as [i]STERILIZATION[/i] what role then IS their for abstinance? Now if you want to give it up as some kind of religious sacrifice, fine, just don't expect much of the rest of the world to follow. In the future, if you are unsure about a topic ask questions. And at the very least READ the thread so you at least know what you are commenting about.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:07:34 PM EDT
I couldn't agree more TigerStripe. I had a similar situation with my first real girlfriend. We even almost got married. A short while after we started dating we both got tested for STD's. Untill the results came back clean for both of us we used condoms but after that no condoms and the pill was relied one. I escorted her to Planned Parenthood for quite some time untill the doc gave her a bogus reason that the insurance company would provide. Pills were damn cheap there. Her mom made sure I escorted her there. And I reminded her everyday to make sure she took the pill. Teach your kids responsiblilty and try to instill in them that sex is no joke. 15min of fun can lead to a lifetime of hell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:10:50 PM EDT
If we were all Sultans we could afford to support a harem of ladies AND all the resulting children. If I had the cashflow, I think I could handle seven women. [:)] Lucky number 7.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:44:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TigerStripe: I have a cousin who went to church two or three times a week her whole life. She was not a slut hang out smoke cigarettes, weed and get f**ked up girl. However, just after high school, actually her first semester of college she got pregnant. My aunt and uncle were shocked. How could a girl raised so correctly get pregnant?
View Quote
Its called college, it is the ultimate corrupter. I've known a bunch of kid who would never touch drugs, now their the biggest stoners and drunks around. Good girls there are non existant. My sister was a good girl all through high school, went to college and lost her virginity to a random guy at a party. Thank god she didn't get pregnant. When it comes to BC, just use education. I worked with one guy who had 5 kids, all to different mothers. When I told him to wrap it up he said he didn't like the feeling, so I told him to at least pull out, he said thats to hard. To each their own.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top