Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
some of you people i truly feel sorry for.

i had about a page and a half written up detailing exactly what i thought, but i deleted it and instead will simply state.........i give up.

congratulations brohawk, im sure your daughter is a great person, as evidence that they can still be "made"...............
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The overwhelming number of people with STDs are in the sex industry, users of the sex industry, and people who are party goers, people who think that its fun to go on weekends and holidays and get shitfaced and get laid-wether they intended to get laid or not when they left home.

None of this has a bearing on if your teenage daughter has a steady boyfriend and wants to sleep with him. THIS is a completely different kind of behavior.
View Quote

You don't know too much about the current social lives of college kids do you.  What you just described is the life style of a very high percentage of college kids.

If you want to see what is really going on at college parties do a search on the internet for something called College Fuckfest.  I can't link it because of the adult content.  Have you ever seen MTV Spring Break?  How about Girls Gone Wild?  In all of these you will see "nice" girls with steady boyfriends go have fun by drinking and sleeping around.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
For the older generation, times have changed.

Most adolescents begin having intercourse in their mid-to-late teens, about 8 years before they marry.

56% of young women and 73% of young men today have had intercourse by age 18, compared with 35% of young women and 55% of young men in the early 1970s.

Sex and America's Teenagers, pg. 20
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Most adolescents begin having intercourse in their mid-to-late teens, about 8 years before they marry.

56% of young women and 73% of young men today have had intercourse by age 18, compared with 35% of young women and 55% of young men in the early 1970s.

View Quote

I would have started at age 9 if I could have.  I'm 27 and married but have only had sex with two different women in my life.  I wish I had done more "exploring".

Big boobs, smooth skin, and round butts are just too nice to go unattended. [}:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't know too much about the current social lives of college kids do you. What you just described is the life style of a very high percentage of college kids.
View Quote

They were who I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish I had done more "exploring".
View Quote

just out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if the tables were turned and your wife was wishing she had gotten more dick before she just "settled" on you?  imagine your mother/wife/girlfriend/daughter in the position of this when applied to another mans fantasy whenever you think you want to screw everything with a pulse and a slit and see if it sits so well with you.  and no, im not a religious fanatic, dont remember the last time i was at church just to attend, though i know i should.  and no, at 23 i'm not an old fart bent on calming down some other generation.  and no, i dont think its wrong to think about what this or that could have turned out to be, or what-if this..........but in the same breath, you also have to think about WHY this, that, or what-if didnt/cant/ or shouldnt happen.  it really bothers me how the majority of the country looks toward this subject now, and especially when i see arfcomers (assumed more conservative people) hold the same values, or non-values.

and as far as the actual topic goes, if you give birth control to your daughter, regardless of what you tell her............she comes out of it seeing sexual freedom because her parents got her on birth control.  period.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's very true.  I'd bet the real numbers are even higher.  As for the Old Generation thing.  The marriage at 22 to 30 something was a construct of the Post-War economy, the GI Bill, etc.  My great-grandmother married at 14, my grandmother at 17. The human being was designed or has evolved, take your pick, to have sex in our teens.  That's the "why" behind the hormone rush at that age.  Why do you think a guy can get wood with very little, if any stimulation?  So he can have tons of sex.  rabble rabble rabble.

TS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
just out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if the tables were turned and your wife was wishing she had gotten more dick before she just "settled" on you? imagine your mother/wife/girlfriend/daughter in the position of this when applied to another mans fantasy whenever you think you want to screw everything with a pulse and a slit and see if it sits so well with you.
View Quote

That brings up the question, is it better to be with someone who has "explored" and was ok setteling for what you had vs someone who "saved" themselves and was constantly wondering what it would be like with someone else?  You could be the best thing ever in bed but if you are with someone who hasn't done any exploring, they won't realize it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish I had done more "exploring".
View Quote

just out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if the tables were turned and your wife was wishing she had gotten more dick before she just "settled" on you?  imagine your mother/wife/girlfriend/daughter in the position of this when applied to another mans fantasy whenever you think you want to screw everything with a pulse and a slit and see if it sits so well with you.  and no, im not a religious fanatic, dont remember the last time i was at church just to attend, though i know i should.  and no, at 23 i'm not an old fart bent on calming down some other generation.  and no, i dont think its wrong to think about what this or that could have turned out to be, or what-if this..........but in the same breath, you also have to think about WHY this, that, or what-if didnt/cant/ or shouldnt happen.  it really bothers me how the majority of the country looks toward this subject now, and especially when i see arfcomers (assumed more conservative people) hold the same values, or non-values.
View Quote

I've thought about the repercussions of my philosophy towards gorgeous babes.  I'm just not really worried about it since I don't go 'round bangin' everything I can.  Like you said, it's a fantasy.  My DVD player helps me live it out [:D].
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
This is not an issue of religion or moral obligations, it's about responsibility.  Abstinence is the only 100% effective method of preventing unwanted pregnancies.  It is also quite effective in preventing the spread of STDs.  I'd be interested to know how old some of you are because it would seem many of you are out of touch with reality.  Getting shitfaced on the weekends and having unprotected sex is not a college phenomenon.  I am currently a high school student and I can tell you that the majority of the people I know get shitfaced on a daily basis, especially during the summer.  Some have been doing this since junior high and even earlier.  One of the problems I see is a double standard being held by parents.  Just recently I had a friend whose mom found his stash of coke and a 20 sack of weed.  She scolded him, took it away, then did it with her boy friend.  That is not responsible parenting.  Teach your kids early and teach them well, but DO NOT rely on your teachings because when children come of age they will make decisions for themselves.  You can do your best, and you should, but in the end it comes down to the responsibility of your child.  As a teenager, the best tactic I could encourage you to use is to scare the hell out of your children early and often.  Had I not witnessed the effects of drugs, alcohol, and wanton sex at an early age I may have turned out just like many of my friends.

P.S.-ArmdLbrl, I'd be interested in knowing what city you are in, you sound like someone I know.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]
sound like me 5 or 6 years ago............and now for that matter.  like your sig line too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I just thought I would throw in the prospective of a 16 year old teenager who is curently in High School.

The increasing rate of teen pregnancy in my opinion is directly related to the increasing rate of drug and alcohol abuse by teenagers. As to condoms not working, this is due to a general lack of understanding on the propper use of them. Most teen guys think that just because they have one, they are safe. They don't learn the right way to use them(yes, there is a wrong way) and things get messed up.

When we did the sexuality unit in health class, there was a section about all the different forms of contraception available. I was amazed that I didn't even know that half of that stuff existed.  I think that when you better educate teens about the serious risks of STI's and the effects teen pregnancy can have on you, the majority of teens will start to think twice before they have sex.  Also, teens need to be more educated about the different forms of contraceptives available to them, untill that part of the class, I thought that condoms and the pill were abuot the only thing out there to prevent pregnancy.

You can talk all you want about teens having sex, but no matter what you say, there will always be a few that will still have sex.  I would rather have these people have educated, protected sex, then having unsafe sex and spreading STI's and getting girls pregnant.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
We are talking about Oral contraceptives, Thats like when she swallows right?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top