Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2003 8:28:25 PM EDT
Now that I retrieved all of the data from my old hard drive, I've decided to install it permanently for the additional 8 gigs of storage. Then it occured to me that I could canibalize quite a few other parts. I have he RAM chips removed and am considering putting them in. Do I need drivers for RAM chips? Will the additional 64MB help? Oh yea, also, I have heard about partitioning hard drives to keep them from spreading viruses or crashing the systems entirely. How can I do this? Should I do this? I swear this site rocks! I got step by step instructions from a Subary Mechanic how to change my timing belt/drive belts/seals, I got medical advice for abdominal pains, computer expertise on UNIX/SQL/SAS and hardware help. Oh yea, there are those minor things I learned about my AR/ammo of course (to many to list). YOU GUYS ROCK. I've said it before, I'll say it again, this is the best site on the internet!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:40:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:45:26 PM EDT
The RAM from my old computer is 64MB. (2 32mb chips). My new computer is pretty new, I think it has SRAM or SDRAM or something like that. I don't think they match. Thanks. How do I partition a drive?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 8:50:40 PM EDT by Zardoz]
[url]www.cybertechhelp.com[/url] Try this site. If you have a question, they have an answer. It's sort of like the "arfcom" of computers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:59:54 PM EDT
These days, the rule is... RAM is only re-usable within the same chip generation... If it's not ment to go in, it won't fit, as well... The exception is SDRAM DIMMS: 66mhz, 100mhz, and 133mhz all fit the same slot (but don't work well when mixed)...
Top Top