Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 8:19:07 PM EDT

Do you think the Dems are throwing the '04 Prezelection on purpose like the Repubs did in '96?

Clearing the way for Hellary to run in '08 against a weak VP nominee with a country getting more than just a little bit tired of the 8-year Republican monopoly on the Presidency and Congress.

Cheney won't run for Prez in '08 - he won't even stay after '05. He'll step down quickly after the '04 landslide and a new VP will have a couple years to gain some stature but it'll still be a dirty, knock-down, drag-out, eye-gouging, hair-pulling, groin-ripping deathmatch in '08 - just the kind of fight Hellary loves.

More than just a few DEMOCRAT pundits have openly admitted the Dems don't WANT to win in '04 - just so Hellary can get the nomination in '08.

If so, that means we're just [red]five short years away[/red] from... "Madame Candidate Clinton". [puke]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
SHOULD BE FUN

[PUKE]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know.

But I do believe the Republicans blew the 1996 Election on purpose.
Dole; The Original Tin Man.  He didn’t come alive until After the election.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillary is their idea of a strong candidate?  LOL.  Maybe they're throwing the 2008 election too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Back around this time in 1991, things looked pretty much the same for both parties. Bill Clinton didn't even start his campaign until October of that year. Don't count the Democrats out quite yet for 2004, I am sure they will (unfortunately) come up with a viable candidate, and then resort to their usual enlightened campaign tactics.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Frist will run and win in '08, my kitty told me so [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I seriously doubt that a woman will ever make it to the office of the President of the United States of America.

Not in my lifetime anyway.

Hillary running for President does not bother me a bit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Or...

To really piss off the Dems...

Jeb for Prez in 2008... Let the Bushwhacking continue...

Besides, IIRC he's more conservative than GW...

Frist, maybe... But then again, the last SML to run got his butt whipped...

Whatever happened to JC Watts??? That guy would make a good Clinton-counter... Pro gun/individual rights too...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's what I think
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=189989[/url]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Watts is "taking a break" i think he's resting up for something bigger in the future, he would get my vote
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Frist will run and win in '08, my kitty told me so [:D]
View Quote
Something about him strikes me as being an overachiever who'll burn out. I dunno.

He doesn't come across as Presidential material.

Kinda like if you take George Bush Sr. and John Kerry and smoosh them together real hard... then comb the hair real neat.

Yeah, kinda like that.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#11]
No party will take a pass on the Presidency.  Individual politicians might, but not the party.  Donors might take a hike if it looks grim and dampen fundraising.

This Hillary thing is overrated.  She barely polls 50% in New York, for goodness' sake.  She doesnt' stand a chance in a real election.  Half the country has a visceral hatred of her and her husband.  No free passes for presidential contenders.

She is good at funraising but does not have the magic touch to reach out like Bill does.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I think they are and the Clinton's are doing their best to overshadow the party right now.  She does not want to run against an incumbant president.  Also it is rare for a 2 term president to be followed by the same party.  

She will get the DNC nomination in 08' and has a better than 50/50 shot at winning.  Who do we have?  Cheney?  Won't run for health problems.  She's a money raising dynamo and wildly popular.

She is the biggest threat to any patriot.  She is more manipulative and power hungry than her husband.  Guns are not the only thing she will fuck us on, social programs up the ass.  Legislation that will cost billions.  And the biggest fuck in the ass....

Her husband will be running the country behind the scenes.  The Dems know this and this is why she will win.  Clinton will get 3 terms maybe 4 defacto!

Be afraid.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]
[red]Waaay over the line. Please don't post comments about assassinating a President here.[/red]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  [red]Highly inappropriate quote edited out.  --thebeekeeper1[/red]
View Quote

[tin foil hat]These are two words that should never be put into the same sentance on any gun board[/tin foil hat][BD]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]

[b]RebelGray[/b], I don't think that's a wise thing to post.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the democrats are in the process of and have in some cases already changed the republican party from within. The 2008 election will be a moot point as the democrats will be effectively fielding candidates for BOTH parties.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Imbroglio in '08'
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#20]
essentially what I think is someone's pulling chains from within, and whoever it is doesn't like freedom. Essentially they're using bush to play his gun card and make it look like he supports guns. He gives guns back for a while and in the meantime throws in shit like the homeland defense department(KGB) to make it look like they want to keep us safe(bullshit). He gets re-elected because of him giving back guns. Then in 2004 he throws in the patriot act 2 which allows secret arrests and all that crap. Then in 2008 and a democrat takes office and seizes our guns. We have no defense, no freedom and we have the homeland defense department, FBI and ATF to worry about and essentially we're under a sort of medium fascist rule. Well maybe someone's not doing it deliberately but that's where it's headed...... like it or not. Basically the government is  playing chess to buy time and keep people fooled that they give a shit about our safety.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#21]
what man would vote for that skanky ice queen

I will say one thing that will piss u off but Clinton (bill) has personality and was a great speaker/liar.  he is still a scumbag but has alot of charisma that is why he was president hitlery has none of these features and is disgusting she won't be president,  in these scary times with war no one wants a women.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:46:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
essentially what I think is someone's pulling chains from within, and whoever it is doesn't like freedom. Essentially they're using bush to play his gun card and make it look like he supports guns. He gives guns back for a while and in the meantime throws in shit like the homeland defense department(KGB) to make it look like they want to keep us safe(bullshit). He gets re-elected because of him giving back guns. Then in 2004 he throws in the patriot act 2 which allows secret arrests and all that crap. Then in 2008 and a democrat takes office and seizes our guns. We have no defense, no freedom and we have the homeland defense department, FBI and ATF to worry about and essentially we're under a sort of medium fascist rule. Well maybe someone's not doing it deliberately but that's where it's headed...... like it or not. Basically the government is  playing chess to buy time and keep people fooled that they give a shit about our safety.
View Quote

well shit like this isn't going to make me sleep any better tonight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I heard that exact same question somewhere last week.  The Democrat efforts for 2004 looks so weak right now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Well it's good to know that after Hitlery there is no other Klinton to take the helm.

I highly doubt that old Chelsea has political aspirations.

What about Tom D[red][b]ASSHOLE[/b][/red]?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#25]
...more people, more problems.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
This sounds like it is really what is going on. Look at Ashcroft, wanting MORE power and what may be a legitimate reason to this administration will be abused by the sharks that have begun to circle. I am sure that asshole Daschle,whose wife is a Boeing lobbyist, would use that Ptriot 2 as the vehicle to further protect us from ourselves.What do you think the Klintons would do or would 've done? Think men, think long and hard about it. It is pretty scary when you think about it , they know who has what and they will have no trouble at all trying to take the people they deem a terrorist.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the democrats are in the process of and have in some cases already changed the republican party from within. The 2008 election will be a moot point as the democrats will be effectively fielding candidates for BOTH parties.
View Quote

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![shock]
Imbroglio said something that made sense!!!
View Quote

And that's why we call the "Big two" parties...

Tweedly-dee, and tweedely-dum...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![shock]
Imbroglio said something that made sense!!!
View Quote
Not really.  This is just his vision of what is, just his attempt to uplift the party of Harry 'we deserved Sept 11, isolationist, no military' Browne.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top