Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/3/2003 7:28:28 PM EDT
Metallica sucks hard. Hetfield you CANNOT even come close to singing so why try now?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:34:57 PM EDT
agree that track blows chunks
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:37:23 PM EDT
Whoever produced it should be gagged, hung, shot, burned and spread to the 4 corners of the earch to make sure such a "garage days" sounding pile of crap never plays on my radio again. Anyone find where the guitars went???
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:37:15 PM EDT
just heard it tonight -- it sounded weird, maybe the singing, or drums or something. hopefully the rest of the album will be better.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:59:13 PM EDT
They've pretty much sucked since And Justice for All.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:06:56 AM EDT
I'm going to have to agree there ... Hetfield's voice doesn't sound refined at all anymore. It's incredibly raw. I can't say I'm fond of that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:25:48 AM EDT
They put a lot of small room/garage sounding reverb on the drums and shit to make it sound hip and rough. All it does is make it sound like shit. Awful. Goodbye Metallica.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:30:17 AM EDT
Metallica = burned out collection of hair-heads who betrayed their fans by abandoning heavy metal and trying to sound contemporary. And as if that wasn't enough, their involvement in the Napster thing a few years ago sickened me. Here is this group who has made millions and millions of dollars, yet they are speaking out against Napster while up and coming musicians in large supported Napster. Just goes to show how greedy they really are. I say screw these dinosaurs! -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:59:42 AM EDT
If it wasn't official when the black album came out it should be obvious to everyone by now...metallica is DEADER than DEAD.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:03:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 1:35:57 AM EDT by kay9]
I saw the video via a web connection, and thought the same thing. Sounded like shit, recorded in some damn garage. I thought it was the net connection. I hope the album isnt like that. On second thought. Many people said similar things about them when they first hit the scene, as the music was an "assault" to the senses. Somehow, people enjoyed it, and they became what they are today. They have relaxed, no doubt to age, but the new stuff is harder, and IMO, better than the black album, load, reload. etc. I'm gonna but the album, beacuse I have been a lifelong fan of the band. I'll make my own decision after listening to the album a few times. Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Oh, and in case you havent heard, it'll be out Thursday. They moved up the date due to the Kazaa leeches.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 1:09:18 AM EDT by Sewer_Urchin]
I'm going to have to come to metallica's defense here. I agree that St. Anger sucks the big one. I will also concede that they don't rock nearly as hard as they used to. However, take into consideration that they are all over the age of 40. FORTY!! These guys are some of the coolest older guys I can think of. I also think they put out quite a bit of good stuff up until recently. The Black Album was pretty good, and Load/Reload had a couple of good songs to. Hero of the Day, Die My Darling, Memory Remains, and Unforgiven are just a few good songs that were made after And Justice. I do agree that And Justice was their apex though. I haven't heard their entire new album yet, but I have fairly low expectations now that they lost that one member (Jason Newstead?). I think it is the end of the road for these guys, but Metallica is still A-Ok in my book. These are some of the hardest rocking forty year olds out there.
Top Top