User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 7:20:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
i put in a bid we'll see
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if its ture and he gets rid of it and the "ghost" gets worse how much he will pay to have it back.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
This reminds me of the old traveling salesmen that would ride through the old west selling cure all tonics, except it's over the internet. People haven't really changed all that much over a few hundred years.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]

P.T.Barnum comes to mind.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody call the Ghostbusters!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my freinds, a chick, bought some bona-fide "coffin nails" for something like $20 one time.[whacko]
When she got them, it was about 10 rusty finishing nails in an envelope.[ROFL2]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone find it strange that the wooden box rotted down to the hinges, but the paper journal managed to last long enough for him to read it, then it too decomposed away along with all the other evidence of this "find"?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
There have been enough instances of paranormal activity happening around members of my family that I am not willing to scream "fraud" just yet.

I am fairly open minded, but my mind is not so open that my brain is in danger of falling out.

I would like to personally have some sort of MILD, non-repeating encounter with the supernatural at some point, because I have a certain curiosity about the subject, but I wouldn't dream of bidding on that item!

Of the three cemetery photos shown, all three of them gave me the creeps.  That alone is unusual for me, because NOTHING gives me the creeps!   The second photo has a person standing in it near the center of the frame,  dressed in an old style, and the third photo has TWO people in it, both dressed in old style clothing, and ONE of them is halfway into the ground!    

Photoshop?   Maybe.  But then again...maybe not.

I choose to withhold judgement at this time, not being able to inspect the items in question, or being particularly willing to do so.    That auction in general made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I am one of those who trusts his instincts.

I wouldn't buy that jar if I had Bill Gates' fortune and the asking price was a split penny, that's for sure!  

In the future, if I should encounter bottles like this, sealed, buried, and covered with symbols,  I'll leave them alone.  No need to disturb the sleep of something strange and possibly evil.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There have been enough instances of paranormal activity happening around members of my family that I am not willing to scream "fraud" just yet.

I am fairly open minded, but my mind is not so open that my brain is in danger of falling out.

I would like to personally have some sort of MILD, non-repeating encounter with the supernatural at some point, because I have a certain curiosity about the subject, but I wouldn't dream of bidding on that item!

Of the three cemetery photos shown, all three of them gave me the creeps.  That alone is unusual for me, because NOTHING gives me the creeps!   The second photo has a person standing in it near the center of the frame,  dressed in an old style, and the third photo has TWO people in it, both dressed in old style clothing, and ONE of them is halfway into the ground!    

Photoshop?   Maybe.  But then again...maybe not.

I choose to withhold judgement at this time, not being able to inspect the items in question, or being particularly willing to do so.    That auction in general made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I am one of those who trusts his instincts.

I wouldn't buy that jar if I had Bill Gates' fortune and the asking price was a split penny, that's for sure!  

In the future, if I should encounter bottles like this, sealed, buried, and covered with symbols,  I'll leave them alone.  No need to disturb the sleep of something strange and possibly evil.

CJ

View Quote

So, you're saying you are the one selling this right?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
hmmmm, where did I put that proton pack ???
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL! If you open that sucker, one of those old fake snake in a can gags will probably shoot out at you!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
FFFRRRRRRRAAAAAUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Who the heck would PAY for a jar of satanic evil?
Next time I have a run of bad luck, I'm going to spit in a jar and sell it on E Bay!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I think $1300 is a little much for a ghost.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I am going to put up my "Pet Rock" for sale on Ebay.  But I'd thought I would ask you all here first.  Just $1,200.00.  It's been house broken and knows some tricks. [8D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Real?  Makes you think.

[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18097/p/340587_5599971987672402394_v.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I personally like the part where he (the seller)says this:

On Jun-03-03 at 19:57:15 PDT, seller added the following information:
I just want everyone to know that the person with the other"Ghost in a Jar" has nothing to do with mine....note the lack of photos...just someone playing around trying to con you. Mimicry may be the highest form of flattery but they are just riduculous!
View Quote

Righhhhhht...[rolleyes]  

[s]I[/s] I mean someone else on Ebay is trying to con you.

I am not above believing that supernatural things might exist, but until then I have to call [bs]on this one.  

Reminds me of the Wizard of OZ.  

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"

[size=2]Here's a purchase opportunity for all you ghost hunters:

[b][u]GHOST IN A TAPE!![/u][/b]

If anyone is interested, I have [s]purchased[/s] [s]rented[/s][i][b]discovered[/b][/i] a worn VHS tape of some kids that disappeared in the woods while filming a college project.  It is blank except for the words "Blair Witch Project" and a sticker with some strange bar-like lines with the word "Blockbuster" under it.  I could probably let it go for $100.  Serious buyers only, AND NO RETURNS.  The evil goes with it!!!!![/size=2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#19]
a am with cmjohnson on this one.
don't open doors, and don't poke around where you don't belong trying to play with stuff you don't understand and can't possibly control.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#20]
If you aren't up for the $1900 that "ghost in the jar" is up to, you can buy Jose Quervo for $3.25!

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2933007507&category=19270[/url]

I'm personally holding out for one in an Elvis bottle.  Or maybe a crown royal bag?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#22]
What was the guy thinking when he was digging in a cemetery in the first place. My thoughts are that it is a scam and the pics are photoshopped. As for someone spending $1300+ on something to haunt them and terrorize them, what dumbasses.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I was checking out some old pictures of my room, and OMG!!!![:O] This dude might be on to something.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13233[/img]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Cixelsyd
put that ghost in a jar and I will buy it from ya [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I need to go through my attic and discover some crap...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#27]
If I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with two grand, I'd buy that thing. Then open it. just-in-case though, I wouldnt take it indoors [;D]

Also hope that the photos come with it, as well as the 'journal'...

Still probably fraud, but what the heck. Maybe i'd take it down to the local church and have a peek inside there [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I need to get an attic so I can find cool crap...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top