Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does a Berserker count as a capital ship?
If not, then the TCS Concordia.

View Quote

TCS Midway would have put the fear of God into the Kilrathi.

I enjoyed flying off her.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm sure I'll think of a better one later, but for starters:

http://i.imgur.com/3jxwc7Y.jpg

USS Sulaco
View Quote

Tie for the Sulaco and the Hiigaran battlecruiser from Homeworld 2.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Must be a named ship in a movie, TV or video game. Not some anonymous background red shirt star destroyer.

Warship, no firefly class or Corellian freighters.

Federation ships, while not designated "warships" are fair game, if armed with Photon torpedoes and phasers.

Defiant not eligible, is not a capital ship.

Mine?

1. BSG Reboot Galactica.
2. Yamato of Star Destroyers fame.

3. Klingon Battle Cruiser. Bortas.

View Quote

star destroyer tantive iv

Battlestar Pegasus

ship from 5th element

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]

One of these cant remember which though .

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a "capital" ship?  I assumed Sulaco wouldn't even rate being called an LHD, closer to a Litoral.  
View Quote

Look, man, it's all Aliens gave us!
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Came here to post Defiant.

Thanks a lot, OP....

My second choice is the Borg ship.  Remember Wolf 359?

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
My answer.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My answer.

<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/user/jdubya87/media/IMG_20160731_200734_zps2konjbl8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/jdubya87/IMG_20160731_200734_zps2konjbl8.jpg</a>
View Quote

Those your wheels? ?
That's fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lexx

Aye.

Stanley gets spaced, the dead guy stays dead, and me and Eva Habermann go do wicked, wicked things together in both the Light and Dark Universes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BG-1 Troy; fuck all of those lesser vessels.
View Quote

This. Come big or go home.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Battlestar Galactica because its a Dreadnought and Carrier all in one, plus it had Viper Control Girl.
Regular Imperial Star Destroyer
USS Vengeance

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A simple, run of the fleet Imperial Star Destroyer.

ISD Avenger

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpeg?region=0%2C50%2C1600%2C800

Enough firepower to pummel you from orbit, or it can land ground troops with AT-AT's.
View Quote

I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Warhammer 40k space hulks. Most awesome ghost ships

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]

In season 2 the Yamato / Argo really laid down an ass-beating with the upgraded shock cannons.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Puddle jumper.  Not a capital ship.
View All Quotes

No shit. I don't think they even had room for bathrooms on that ship.  NCC-1701-E would do fine though.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The Tantive IV was not a star destroyer
it was a Corellian blockade runner.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No shit. I don't think they even had room for bathrooms on that ship.  NCC-1701-E would do fine though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I laugh at your comforts. OP said "War Ship"

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Those your wheels? ?
That's fantastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My answer.

<a href="http://s292.photobucket.com/user/jdubya87/media/IMG_20160731_200734_zps2konjbl8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/jdubya87/IMG_20160731_200734_zps2konjbl8.jpg</a>

Those your wheels? ?
That's fantastic.

Yup.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Never played any of the games. But I have to say that the imperium of man has the baddest looking Capitol ships that I have seen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#20]

The Federation Capital ship in Elite is pretty cool.

I'd vote for this, the Starwars Super Star Destroyer, or Stargates Destiny
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"It's the Final Countdown..."

Good choices, I'm going to go with the original HMS Fearless (CL-56) of the Royal Manticoran Navy, she was just a light cruiser but started it all.

For TV though it's a tie between MCRN Donnager (The Expanse) or Galactica, with honorable mention to Pegasus.

ETA: Oh and another honorable mention to the USS Saratoga (SCVN-2812) from Space: Above and Beyond.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Alliance Space Ship Vorpal Blade II

Eta: or the BG-1 Troy

Good choices, I'm going to go with the original HMS Fearless (CL-56) of the Royal Manticoran Navy, she was just a light cruiser but started it all.

For TV though it's a tie between MCRN Donnager (The Expanse) or Galactica, with honorable mention to Pegasus.

ETA: Oh and another honorable mention to the USS Saratoga (SCVN-2812) from Space: Above and Beyond.

That show was finally starting to fire on all cylinders when they killed it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
MCRN Donnager, the flagship of the Martian Congressional Republic Navy's Jupiter fleet in The Expanse series. Until it was attacked by some stealth ships.
View Quote

Gotta say, for as badass as the MCRN is supposed to be, they're really bad at dealing with hostile boarders.  How many line ships have they lost in the series that way, three?  And it's supposed to be nearly unheard of?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Nimbus.

Zap Branigan FTW.
View Quote

Fly the white flag of war.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

ISD Avenger

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpeg?region=0%2C50%2C1600%2C800

Enough firepower to pummel you from orbit, or it can land ground troops with AT-AT's.
View Quote

I've always been partial to Jedi cruisers.

The Venator.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#25]
1.   Dahak
2.   Honor Harrington class Super Dreadnaughts (roll pods!)
3.   Reboot Galactica
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]
The Narn fielded some very cool looking warships.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Gotta say, for as badass as the MCRN is supposed to be, they're really bad at dealing with hostile boarders.  How many line ships have they lost in the series that way, three?  And it's supposed to be nearly unheard of?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MCRN Donnager, the flagship of the Martian Congressional Republic Navy's Jupiter fleet in The Expanse series. Until it was attacked by some stealth ships.

The MCRN is straight up badass, and that's their problem; they've been so badass for so long they've become complacent.

They had demonstrable tech, design, manpower and training superiority over the UN Navy for decades and they only ever envisioned that if the cold war turned hot the fight would be with Earth, and they figured (probably correctly) that it would be a walkover if it came down to purely naval (MAD from "dropping rocks" aside) combat. So when they got sucker punched by an enemy that they had no clue even existed and which had a tech advantage even over their own, they were out of their depth. They simply couldn't envision fighting someone even as good, let alone better, equipped as they were and who were using tactics that they didn't commonly train to combat; an Earth or Belt ship attempting to get close enough to do do CQB let alone board a Martian ship would have been suicide for the Earth/Belt ship, so they were caught flatfooted by something completely outside of what they felt was possible.  

They lost the Donnager primarily through a combination of being taken completely by surprise and, as importantly, because of their hubris.

ETA: The MCRN Academy really needs to go back and study Starship Troopers, particularly the "Why do we need to waste time with learning to fight with knives?" lesson and apply it so whenever someone says,"Why should we bother training in counter-boarding operations when no one will ever come close to boarding us?" they'll have their answer.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I don't know why, but i always liked the old school  basestars better...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know why, but i always liked the old school  basestars better...
I much preferred them.  They made a lot of sense.  I wish they had just made a more sophisticated rendition of them for the new series.

Battlestars are excellent.  They look and feel like a battleship and an aircraft carrier.  Built heavy.  Naval.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Does the TARDIS count?

OK, I will take the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701J (appeared in future scenes in Star Trek Enterprise).

That may be cheating so I will go with U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701E or U.S.S. Promethius perferably after getting Voyager's future hull armor.

If not Star Trek I will take the Death Star (completed Return of the Jedi version).  If that doesn't count then I'll take the IAS Excaliber or the reboot Battle Star Gallactica.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For quite some time (until Firefly and BSG came around) the "Never No More/The Angriest Angel" two-parter was hand's down my favorite "single" episode of science fiction TV.

It had some rough patches during the run, but I agree that towards the end it was going balls to the walls awesome and then...gone.

I really wanted to see more about the origins of the Chigs, that entire sub-plot (actually if you look at it in a certain light it could be considered the main plot) was interesting as hell to me.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#31]

The exact ship I came to post.  One of the oldest and greatest ships in the God Emperor's Navy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't care about your "rule" and don't care for federation cruise ships.

USS DEFIANT

X-Wing

Gunstar
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ISD Avenger

The Venator.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/ec/Venator_clonewars.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110918171254
Too bad in clone wars those things go down like every other episode.

I always like the Terran battle cruiser from starcraft.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Lexx
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

For quite some time (until Firefly and BSG came around) the "Never No More/The Angriest Angel" two-parter was hand's down my favorite "single" episode of science fiction TV.

It had some rough patches during the run, but I agree that towards the end it was going balls to the walls awesome and then...gone.

I really wanted to see more about the origins of the Chigs, that entire sub-plot (actually if you look at it in a certain light it could be considered the main plot) was interesting as hell to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just getting over losing S:AAB when they fucked over Firefly.

I wore out my VHS copy of "Never No More/The Angriest Angel".

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, that pissed me off..........I loved that show

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ISD Avenger

The Venator.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/ec/Venator_clonewars.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110918171254

Pfft. The Clone Wars wasn't real, it was just a cartoon.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#38]
another vote for USS Vengeance

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Page 3 and no Arcadia?  

Arcadia over France

You are a Space Pirate!

ETA: Then there's always the ships and "user experience" of Eve online
More big ships and blinky lights
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really want to finally get the DVD set of S:AAB but I know that within 10 hours of me doing that they'll announce a remastered blu-ray edition so...hey, wait a minute, I better go order the DVDs on Amazon right the hell now!!

I actually had a 127th Attack Wing "Angry Angels" t-shirt until my one ex-gf "liberated" it; I still have a Wildcards one around here somewhere though.

Speaking of Firefly, yeah I went through that too, but the same ex that stole my S:AAB t-shirt also had Nandi's dress from "Heart of Gold" and I'm not talking a reproduction, she actually bought the actual on-screen dress at auction. She looked damn good in it too, so I can forgive her (mostly) for hoiking my Angry Angels t-shirt.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Right up until it docked with Its Mother ship

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dahak frowns on your limitations

https://icons.wxug.com/data/wximagenew/h/homstd/1-800.jpg
View Quote

DAMMIT! Beaten again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I really want to finally get the DVD set of S:AAB but I know that within 10 hours of me doing that they'll announce a remastered blu-ray edition so...hey, wait a minute, I better go order the DVDs on Amazon right the hell now!!

I actually had a 127th Attack Wing "Angry Angels" t-shirt until my one ex-gf "liberated" it; I still have a Wildcards one around here somewhere though.

Speaking of Firefly, yeah I went through that too, but the same ex that stole my S:AAB t-shirt also had Nandi's dress from "Heart of Gold" and I'm not talking a reproduction, she actually bought the actual on-screen dress at auction. She looked damn good in it too, so I can forgive her (mostly) for hoiking my Angry Angels t-shirt.

View Quote

We have rules here, son. This ain't 'Nam.

If you happen to have a region free DVD player, try to get the UK DVD set.
It has a bunch of extras. Making of docs and commentaries. Much nicer than the damn barebones set the US got.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Dahak for the win.All others are toys beside it. H H super dreadnoughts kick ass when rolling pods but still toys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
1.   Dahak
2.   Honor Harrington class Super Dreadnaughts (roll pods!)
3.   Reboot Galactica
View Quote

If I had to pick from a book, I'd go with the light-hugger (travel at .99c) "Nostalgia for Infinity" from the Revaltion Space universe.

A 4 km long ship with cache weapons based on designed whispered from the future.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Enterprise-F

SDF-1

Andromeda from Star Blazers

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I like this ship.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I like this ship.

That is just a dead sexy ship.

In more than one way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#48]
The SDF-1 was probably the most Badass. -also because it could transform into a giant robot and just punch a hole in other ships LOL!!

My favorite from the Star Wars Universe was the Victory Class Star Destroyers.  They replaced the Venator during the Rise of the Empire, but not as fast or as large as the Imperial 1 and Imperial 2 Star Destroyers.  The VSD had maneuverable "wings" to assist in Atmospheric flight and provide closer support for ground forces.  Grand Admiral Thrawn (whom is now canon) being assigned to the Outer Rim had to make due with VSD's as opposed to the superior ISD's.

VSD Valorum was from SW Galaxies MMORPG and was crewed by actual players within the game.  I never did as I only played the trial years back.

http://starsidergalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=5371.0

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#49]
1. Super star destroyer Lusankya. Starwars expanded universe, Isards flagship.
2. UNSC Infinity. From halo 4-5
3. Covenant Supercarrier From Halo.
4. Normandy SR2 from Mass effect 2 & 3
5. Vasari Kortul Devastator from Sins of a solar empire.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Gundam Albion

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top