Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 1:54:11 PM EDT
I have a Motorola Timeport cell phone with US Cellular. I want to use it to connect to the internet with my IBM laptop. What hardware is needed? Anything special to do when creating a dialup connection in Win 2000?

I called US Cellular and the people there are clueless and NO help at all.

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a data cable and software.
[url]http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=22&cgmenbr=126[/url]
Select your phone and check Connectivity and Data Kits

Then you just need a dail up service.  Being online will eat you minutes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Verizon users get internet access with their plans.  It comes out to 14.4k and they are your ISP and it deducts from your minutes.  Great if you have unlimited nights/weekends.

Verizon also has that really faat rx1 network for $99/month unlimited.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Been there, done that.

With your standard analog phone, it does not work well.  I have heard good things about using them with some of the new digital services, though.

Just remember, whether digital or analog, it will not be really fast.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top