Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 11:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 11:15:32 PM EDT by freeride21a]
[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/dinner/columbian.jpg[/img] mmm rare! and no, its not as big as it looks, that rat is a small rat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:20:52 PM EDT
sorry dude, this does not qualify as a dinner pic. No measuring device, no stapler, etc. Good try though
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:40:12 PM EDT
Why do ya have to put the rat in an empty cage then put the snake in? Weird snake?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:52:58 PM EDT
its about controlling the feeding response. I feed all mine in separate container, first the food goes in, then i wash my hands, get the snake and put the snake in and let it do its buisness. reason: if i just drop a rat in their tank, then it will think that everytime i open it food is coming, and go into feeding mode. Which means I get struck at(food strike is different than anger strike). This form of feeding does not contributed to that behavior.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:03:00 AM EDT
Hmm, interesting. But how do you avoid a food bite doing it this way, due to the snake now believing as soon as it is touched or removed, its time to eat? he he he[:)] I am lucky I guess, I have one that's as docile as can be, and will eat just about any rat I throw in the cage. I have no problems holding her or allowing my kid to hold her. I have another however, that bites no matter what I do. I have had her since she was a few weeks old and she bites every time. She is not a "holder", but is really effective in finding and capturing rats. One mean ass snake.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:09:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 12:11:20 AM EDT by freeride21a]
this way they are not going into food mode evertime the tank is open..and the food smell stays away from their enclosure. They dont go into food mode when i pick them up out of the cage though, I do see your point...but I think that might be one step beyond their comprehension lol. All my snakes are docile except for 1, she just latches on to finger and wraps your hand..its a 4ft cali king...and they dont want to let go. At least it dont hurt at all. [url]www.kingsnake.com[/url] the arfcom of the snake world...great forums! btw i have 13 Snakes...kings, boas, pythons, and a hognose.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:13:00 AM EDT
MURDERERS!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:29:50 AM EDT
How is a snake posting on this forum?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:35:47 AM EDT
That picture makes me sad. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:49:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: MURDERERS!
View Quote
OOPS. Freeride, I forgot to ask you to blur out the rat. Obviously, IMBRO is related. Sorry you had to see that IMBRO.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:25:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 19119640: sorry dude, this does not qualify as a dinner pic. No measuring device, no stapler, etc. Good try though
View Quote
I believe a spare mag should always be included! [img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-124.gif[/img]
Top Top