Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 12:44:38 PM EDT
In Nebraska, we don't have a CCW law.Our law allows us to carry open,or concealed,but you must show a good reason! Usually this means being ticketed,having your gun confescated,then going to court and trying to argue that you "needed" to carry a concealed weapon! The whole "prove you had a reason" theory is insulting,but right now(untill a certain Omaha senator gets hit by a falling meteor!),it's the best we "deserve".
This got me to thinking (usually a dangerous prospect).Remember when (after 9/11)the state capital beefed up their security with all kinds of new things? And now,all we here on a daily basis is this bizzare terror alert level,which is on "high" at the moment. Why could'nt we use that
(terror alert level) to argue that we felt we were in danger and therefore needed to carry a weapon? Kindof taking the govt's word literaly?! Just tell the officer that the terror alert makes you fear for your life!And if you must go to court,argue the same to the judge.
I admit I have too much time on my hands,but what do you all think?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Look.
I am all for CCW. I have one.

With that said, arguing "homeland security" as a reason for CCW after the 9/11 attacks is really, really a stretch.

Sure, sure, sure.. I know.
Mohammed could burst into a mall with an AK, and the only person to stop him is Joe Gun owner with his lawfully concealed .38 Snub...

But there are so many other more viable, rational reasons to justify CCW that the whole "homeland security" aspect sort debases an otherwise valid position.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sure, sure, sure.. I know.
Mohammed could burst into a mall with an AK, and the only person to stop him is Joe Gun owner with his lawfully concealed .38 Snub...

But there are so many other more viable, rational reasons to justify CCW that the whole "homeland security" aspect sort debases an otherwise valid position.
View Quote

Well,that's not really what I meant.It seems the govt is using the 9/11 events to further tighten their grip on us citizens...All in the name of "FOR YOUR SAFETY"!It would seem to me that if they were concerned in the slightest for "my safety",then they would'nt mind if I (as a law-abiding citizen)was armed "for my safety"!   The hipocracy of the whole thing is beyond amazing!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell then that the reason you carry your primary CCW gun is because your backup one is very valuable, and you don't want it to get stolen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top