Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 7:15:16 PM EDT
I love my Daisy Powerline 753. I traded EladEflow a dirt bike helmet for it. Pretty accurate, I can hit those small balloons (water balloon size) at thirty yards (pellets drop a lot and are affected drastically by the wind, if you're gonna make fun of my marksmanship!).

[img]http://store5.yimg.com/I/fastknife_1733_3237335[/img]

How about you?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish that I lived in a house in a very spaced out neighborhood.  That way I could invest in an RWS that shoots like 1100fps.  Those little .177 pellets are like glasers at that speed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to, many many years ago.  I forget what the model was, however, it was sweet.  Black synthetic, with a rotary pellet magazine, c02 powered.  Ah, the long summer days of plinking off the back porch.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
They're fun. I have a RWS pellet pistol, and a BSA SuperSport rifle. BSA, though they may make crappy scopes, make very good airguns. Good pellets are getting expensive, though, about same as cheap .22lr.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in the airsoft thread singing the praises of the Walther CP99.  8-shot CO2 repeater manufactured by Umarex also sold in Beretta and S+W skin.  Great for practicing the pistol skills with, not to mention putting down pesky soda cans.  Supported I can get quarter-sized groups at 10 yards) and it will bring a smile to your face with every pull of the trigger.  I have a Beeman GT650GT rifle as well.  For $100 it's a cheap way to stretch out those shooting days.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Walther LGR in the basement.

SRM
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Racoon and opposum problems.  I live in a neighborhood and a 22lr is out of the question. Started out with a Winchester 722X .22 cal airgun and accouted for one small one.  The bigger ones weren't as easy to knock down.  Went for the most powerful spring powered rife around.  Webley Patriot (Beeman Kodiak) in .25 cal.  That thing is like the Hammer of Thor when the Coons get hit.
The only bad thing is that after about 50 or so shots you get tired of cocking the thing. Pellets are kind of expensive also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad recently upgraded to an RWS and gave me his Sheritan. Funny thing is, at one time it was ME giving HIM MY Sheritan! He wore mine out and bought this one, shot it for about 10 years, and then bought the RWS. I haven't engaged any rodents with it yet.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=395[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I still shoot my RWS 52, bought it 13 years ago, still as accurate as anything out to 75 yds....funny story,
as soon as spring broke up here a month back or so, my downstairs neighbor had just walked out on her deck to take in the spring, she oooooed as the first spring robin landed in the backyard, awwwww, preety preety bird.  POW!
dead bird, ha ha ha.  Her Beau and I laughed and laughed, free fire zone, paperz naht in order aftah all, all the good jokes.  Well, its rained pretty much ever since.  Instant Karma I guess...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The vandalizing grey squirrel population in my neighborhood has been trying to plot a strategy to overthrow my and my Beeman for some time now.

[img]http://www.vibeplanet.com/pics/guns/beeman.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Webley pistol and a Chinese made rifle that I shoot in my utility room on occasion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
RWS model 52, in 22 cal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Beeman R9 rifle and a Beeman P3 pistol.

Love them both...highly recommended.  The P3 in paticular is an exceptional value.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I still practice shooting my CP88-Walther P99 look-aline in my backyard with my children. I teach them fundemental gun handle techniques without go to the range, and expending real ammo. Its a fund few hours knock over tin cans.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#15]
RWS model 52,.177 cal. Try Beeman crow-magnum pellets,and crosman permier pellets. both carry some weight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got my Gamo Hunter 220 with scope, and took down a Rabbit on the my first day out!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I have 2 from Compasseco (Chinese airguns).  I originally bought them as a low rent training and play toy.  This first was a side cocker that I really like.  It feels more like a target rifle with the center of gravity being well to the rear.  I lightened and smoothed the trigger pull and I can hit bean cans from a rest at about 40 yards.  The other is an underbarrel lever cocker and feels more like a hunting rifle.  It's not too light either.  The last time I was out shooting I was shooting said bean cans at 25 yards over the shoulder with a hand mirror.  Now that was fun.  Trick shooting.  I took my son's Red Ryder and had him throw coke cans in the air while I would try to hit them.  Once you get your form down it's not that hard.

jd1
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I have old Smith & Wesson Model 77A that my dad bought for me when I was about 8 years old, Im 32 now. This damn thing is big and heavy! It hasnt worked for maybe the last 15 years. Does anyone know where I can have it repaired and refinished at?

BKVic
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I hate you guys. You even have better pellet guns than I do. [:(]

I can only engage birds out to 20 yards. After that the drop is horrible. In PERFECT conditions, I might get 30. I downed a robin yesterday [:D].
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Bsa Supersport (.177)- it does a nice job keeping the Red Squirrel population in check.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Pump up Benjamin 397PA, about 100 bucks from local Walmart.  Fair shooting iron sights for crows and squirels.  I can hit cans at 40-50 yds.  Neighbors can accept my pellet shooting but a 22 LR or centerfire guns would not be accepted.

I can feel better about missing the target knowing the pellet will drop soon after being fired.  My house and other neighbors are on 2 acre lots near the outskirts of a small 15000 population town.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I keep a tub of birs seed on the back porch and a Tell brand .177 cal P-rifle in the corner by the backdoor. God help the pigeons that land in the yard.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
All the time. I have a $40 pellet gun from the local military surplus store, and I shoot at things across my apartment. A previous wal-mart one that broke came with a nice pellet trap that keeps me from chasing the pellets all over the apartment. Unfortunately, the accuracy isn't very good - I think the pellets are spinning in random directions since I can see them flying off-course past about 5-7 or so yards. One of these days, I'm going to get a more accurate one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All the time. I have a $40 pellet gun from the local military surplus store, and I shoot at things across my apartment. A previous wal-mart one that broke came with a nice pellet trap that keeps me from chasing the pellets all over the apartment. Unfortunately, the accuracy isn't very good - I think the pellets are spinning in random directions since I can see them flying off-course past about 5-7 or so yards. One of these days, I'm going to get a more accurate one.
View Quote

If I did that, I would have holes in everything. The pellets ouf of mine will lodge straight into a tree, they usually go in about as far as they are long.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I shoot a Morini air pistol in International(olympic) competition shooting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12999[/img] I guess I must be from the Old School. Ben Franklin Model#137 with some custom...O.K. homemade grips out of Mesquite from my wood pile.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I just picked up a RWS 350 Magnum in .177.  I wanted to pick up a .22,but hey were backordered.  Nonetheless, using 9.3gr wadcutter pellets this thing is deadly accurate.  I'm very happy with the gun, and mde my decision after shooting my friends RWS 34.

John
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Beeman R11 Mk II, used to shoot neighbor-fed stray cats in the ass when they start CHASING the birds in MY yard.  =)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top