Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

that's what that pic i posted above is, one of the cell phone look alike guns
View Quote

Sorry I didn't see it till just now,but good job.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I did not know that was a cell phone until I read the posts here. I would have shot him at the beginning when he drew on the squad car. I think that kid wanted to die, I really do. He held that phone like a pistol and pointed at them at least twice. Good shoot and I vote for suicide by police theory.

As far as shooting him in the back goes, the BG had already turned once and "aimed" at the cop. He very well could have killed both cops had it been a real gun.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel bad for the cops. They're going to be in the middle of a shit storm of biblical proportion. I'd wager they're career dissipation lights are on no matter how this turns out and that's a shame.

I don't know if that asshole deserved to get shot but he sure as hell did everything in his power to make it happen. I'm waiting for some local Sharpton wannabe to argue the guy's innocence because he was too drunk/high/doped to know what was going on.

I have to give the cops a nine. Seven for the shoot and two more for at least trying to get that piece of human sludge out of circulation.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't really care for too many individuals in the law enforcement field,however was a good shoot.
Only an idiot would not respond to an object being pointed towards them in that manner.  

I am glad those police officers were able to make it home to thier families.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
7/10 - I think they probably escape legal consequences, but the social upheaval will be intense.  Police department may be forced into some kind of disciplinary action for public relations.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
AS for the 'if it were a civillian' comment...

At least in WI, the standard for lethal self defense is 'weather a reasonable person would believe that they were in danger of death or great bodily harm'...

So if someone pretends they have a gun (clearly what this guy was doing), they might as well have one as far as our law is concerned (since if they pretend well enough, it will obviously create the impression that they have a gun, and thus the impression that you are in danger). Given reaction time, and the fact that he may have been turning to engage, not fleeing, there's enough room here, civillian or LEO...

Depending on the jury, a civillian may well be found not guilty (especially if they are not told that the BG has a phone, not a gun, untill after they see the video).

The only difference is that a civillian would not have gotten in a high speed chase, or tried to arrest him, and would not have been in the situation as a result...

P.S. I think that's an extra long white T-shirt, not underpants... I see people (customers) dressed like that every day where I work: hooded shirt or jacket, long white T-shirt, and pants...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BOTTOM LINE:  I'll bet $100 that perp was high on drugs or under the influence of alcohol.  The lack of response to being shot at, plus his inexplicable behavior in general (if a cop pointed a gun at your head point blank would you struggle with him?), leads me to believe the guy was high as a kite.  I don't know if the cops knew of this before hand, but it certainly adds another factor to the situation, doesn't it?
View Quote

Amd they say drugs don't kill...

I agree, he was either sky-high, or he had a death wish (suicide by cop)...

If it HAD been a gun, I would guess he was just stupid.

But to fake having a gun when dealing with COPS (a/o ordinary citizens, who are usually unarmed and might actually be scared into submission, as opposed to well armed cops who will be scared into shooting your sorry butt)...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for your input guys, it looks like there are 6 that see it as a bad shoot.

Not to compare the two, but what would we have seen if this was the FBI shoot on the kid in the car? Or the Diallo(sp?) shoot in NYC?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Weapons used are Glock 22, .40 Remington Golden Sabre 180grn.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Looked like a good shoot to me.  Cop that ducked was pretty damn sure he had a gun.  That is all I needed to see.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Weapons used are Glock 22, .40 Remington Golden Sabre 180grn.
View Quote

That was going to be my next question.

Very unimpressive, shot placement notwithstanding.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top