Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:23:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
which company has C&R M1's, and do they have carbines? I might go ahead and get a c&r if I could get another M1 and a M1 carbine with it. I already have an M44 and often see sks's and mausers at gun shows for not much more than the going c&r rate so I haven't really had the urge to go through the time to get a c&r
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to go back to the old, old job.....to heck with trading stocks and bonds!!!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=8227[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Sheesh...it's only money. Besides, if you don't spend it on guns, you'll just blow it on silly stuff.

Like food, shelter, and asian whores.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey LT, I've been there.  Keep your money and use all those items as a reward for when you land another job.

Foolish me bought all the guns and then got laid off.  When it get's down to the point where you can only afford to eat one sandwhich a day, having $1,000 of new toys in the closet will not make you feel any better.  Then if your car breaks down, phone bill triples from trying to find a job...ect things really suck and you have to start thinking about selling your toys, which will only make you feel worse.

After being unemployed and scrapping bottom my priorities changed.  I haven't bought a gun in over a year!!!  I've only gone shooting once in the last year!!!  Why, because I'm still trying to get back on top and I know that a ton of toys in the closet does not help.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Watch your six. Now that the apt complex saw all of your wonderful catalogs, news of guns travels like wildfire.

Remember, the 3 fastest forms of communication are telephone, telegraph, and TELL-A-WOMAN.

Stories get bigger and better everytime they are told. Eventually, some unsavory character will get wind that you ahve "A whole bunch of collectors rifles", and try to break in.

WATCH YOUR SIX.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Moving back to mom's in CA won't be an option with all that banned ordinance. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Which catalogs? I'm kinda new to the wholesale gun thing, and am looking for whatever places sell cheap.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Too bad they banned selling an 'extra' kidney on eBay...
View Quote

Only if it's your own :-)
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#14]
"The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. but, he's pretty sure you're fucked."

--LS
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife and I both work our fVcking asses off to support our family, and we make more than average so no complaints there from me.

It's probably been over a year since a new firearm has walked through our doors.  I'm putting off ammo purchases (and not touching my stash) to take care of other obligations and responsibilities.

That's real life.  You can't have everything all the time.

Sorry LT, you seem like a nice guy, but you need to get your ass out of your apartment and find a job.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel for you brother...

try unemployed, and going thru divorce (a nasty one at that) :(

I too have to resist the temptation on a monthly basis!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes Lordtrader,  tell us about the M1.
If it is a Century rebuild it is not C&R and not worth $100.  If it is from a private seller and it is less than $500, hook us up!  No companies are selling real M1's except the CMP.
View Quote

Well here ya go. [url]www.oldgunsupply.com/C&R.php?id=163[/url]
View Quote

don't waste your time with that, you would be much better off buying an M1 from the cmp and it's cheaper. You are a vet right, so you have the shooting requirement fulfilled. As long as you are a US citizen, there's no better way to get one. All you need to do is join an affiliated club and send in the notarised paperwork and a few weeks later one show up at your door. I'm expecting one this afternoon since my credit card got hit yesterday. BTW, remember that the 6million s/n M1s are not C&R and won't be for a few more years.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes Lordtrader,  tell us about the M1.
If it is a Century rebuild it is not C&R and not worth $100.  If it is from a private seller and it is less than $500, hook us up!  No companies are selling real M1's except the CMP.
View Quote

Well here ya go. [url]www.oldgunsupply.com/C&R.php?id=163[/url]
View Quote

LT, that is a piece of shit. [:D]

BTW, If you don't buy it let me know.
I wonder if he would take $600??

You won't get a Winchester for $400 from the CMP.
View Quote

actually you can:
R002WRAR* M1 Garand, Danish Issue, Winchester Rack Grade $400

btw, that's not a Winchester, it's a Springfield mixmaster with unknown provenance and condition. I got a Winchester from the CNP last year and it cost me $450 because it had a new VAR barrel. The cmp generally doesn't send out rifles with pitted recievers either. When you get a rifle from the cmp, if it doesn't meet their description they'll make good on it. That rifle he's looking at is a crapshoot and could be worn out with out of spec parts.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:50:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. but, he's pretty sure you're fucked."

--LS
View Quote

I love that quote!

LT, don't say we didn't warn you. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Let see what other options do we have for you LT.  Since you have been looking for jobs and couldn't find any.....and with your thirst for guns....

1- Prostitution
2- Since you are in TX, you can go south of border and sneak in some illegal immigrants for $500.00 a pop.  A truck full will surely take you out of your debts and then some spare for your guns habit.

Disclaimer:  For all of you kids out there please don't do it....This is merely a suggestion for LT and for LT alone.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey maybe I can send you some of my quarters!!![url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188752&w=myTopicPop[/url]

Seriously dude, chill on the guns for now. Please tell me you have applied for something here [url]https://www.fbijobs.com/joblist.asp[/url]  they are on a hiring frenzy!  We would love to have you in VA.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I remember the thread you stated you were going to get your C&R.

If I remember correctly did someone tell you this was going to happen ?

I think two people told ya. I think someone begged you not to get it   ?

Am I crazy ...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top