Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:02:26 PM EDT
I have one hearing aid and do not communicate by sign language (I don't even know it). On the 5th of this month, I finaly got a job (yay!). It is my first real job since graduating high school 7 years ago. My question is this. I want to be more independent. and would like to ask about a personal pager that I would like to get. I don't know if you can answer it though. I've been searching for a pager that will allow me to communicate without the use of a phone. I came across the RIM 950 from [url]http://www.wynd.com/[/url] I would like to get the Power Plan on this along with extras such as TTY Chat, text-to-voice, voice-to-text. Here's the specs. [url]http://www.wynd.com/Products/Pricing/index.asp[/url] I want to get this to communicate with my father and sister but most importantly, if I want to call in sick from work, I can use the text to voice service if no one responds to my E-mails or if I want to call a service that uses TTY and I would like to be able to stay in contact with my employees who want to contact me while working. This would sort of be my personal phone without doing the talking. Everything would probably cost me about $60.00 a month total. It's not really too much for me. The real question is, do you know if I were to get this would I be allow to make deductions when it comes to taxes regarding to disability or some sort? That's all I needed to know. I searched the IRS web sites but it wasn't a big help. I no longer want to be dependent on anyone else to make phone calls for me. It's embarrassing and sometime it pisses them off.(Don't ask why) Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm like that too. But I've had hearing loss since I was 10 months old. Medical reaction due to menegitis. I went to public school like normal kids do.

*nayburhood, I have no telephone equipment of any kind. Just cable modem access via father's cable account for e-mail/web/IM.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
what?
wooo hooo first one to get that one liner in!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top