Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2016 12:58:30 PM EDT

Anybody use one with good results?

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a good way of getting your guns stolen. What about an under the rear seat one?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I installed a big sky gun rack in a friends ford pickup, looks like it was a factory option. Fell together perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
This could work well for me as my windows are tinted very dark.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one in my Ford patrol pickup.   Works great.   Factory says don't install on any truck with side curtain airbags so in my new truck I have to get another mount.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if anyone makes a cover.  Maybe something that can be velcroed to the headliner. My headliner is black.  A quick tear if the velcro and they would be accessible but not easily seen.

Cant go under the seats in my truck because of car seat.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Just don't go pulling any dukes of hazard jumps, that may hurt the ol'nioggin, just a bit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
What year truck?

Our agency went away from them due to the side curtain airbags on newer models.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one in my Ford patrol pickup.   Works great.   Factory says don't install on any truck with side curtain airbags so in my new truck I have to get another mount.
View Quote
The upright Center Console Replacement-y ones rattle like an absolute motherfucker, and can limit your light/rail options depending on the clamp location.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Under the rear seat isn't really accesible for me and not really convenient since I already have a bunch of stuff stored under it.

I can't really see this setup being noticable to anyone passing by or even looking in the truck.  Really, who thinks to look at the ceiling for something to steal?

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like mine. Had it for a couple of years now. My dually has dark tint all the way around so I don`t worry too much. Granted I live in a rural area and IF I go somewhere else my 70 lb. Boxer generally stays in the truck to bite and debone unwanted visitors. I`d buy another one in a heart beat. It is almost impossible to see even through the front "low tint" windshield as it fits really tight against the roof. It is out of the way (barely) as I never hit my head on the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What year truck?

Our agency went away from them due to the side curtain airbags on newer models.
View Quote
2014 F150 Crew Cab.  I am pretty sure it has the side curtain airbags.  I'm guessing that the rack in the ceiling will be a probelm in a car accident even if there were no airbags.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Must not be too popular an option for carrying weapons around.  Too expensive to give it a shot without some more input I think.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seems like a good way of getting your guns stolen.
View Quote

I somewhat agree- in a truck, overhead racks are MUCH easier to see from outside the vehicle.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Must not be too popular an option for carrying weapons around.  Too expensive to give it a shot without some more input I think.
View Quote

Depends on your purpose. My buddy has one and we use it when we're out hunting or messing around on the farm or in the mountains. He doesn't keep a rifle up there while in town though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I was hoping to use it as trunk gun substitute.  I might just have to do more searching for another option.
Top Top