BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 12:53:24 PM EDT
Does anyone here use Paypal?
Does it work?
How does it work?
How do you send money?
How do you receive your money?
Do any of you have experience using it for business use?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it works.  I signed up.  I wanted some USGI mags.

I received my mags, and a bill on my credit card.

It seems pretty slick!

I don't have any extensive experience though.  I can't justify getting a huge account.

(I am really self-centered, because I started all my sentances with "I".  [;)])
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Dropped them like a bad habit when they went anti gun by changing thier rules to not allow use of paypal to purchase firearms.

My advise, cancel!
Fuck em!

CH

Here is a little blurb from the site;

You may not use PayPal to sell any firearm manufactured after 1898. Certain related items and high-capacity ammunition magazines are also prohibited, as described in more detail below. In addition, it is the responsibility of users to abide by all applicable laws when dealing with the sale of permitted antique firearms, ammunition, replicas, militaria and other associated items.

What is not permitted?

Firearms
You may not use PayPal to sell or advertise any firearms produced after 1898. This includes all "pre-ban," sporting, collectible, and curio and relic (C&R) firearms, regardless of their present capability to fire a shot.

Related items
In addition, you may not use PayPal to sell or advertise kits (that can be used to create a firearm) or illegal firearm components such as silencers, converters (which converts a firearm to automatic capability), and short barrels.

Ammunition
You may not use PayPal to sell or advertise high capacity magazines (magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds). In addition, sellers of other ammunition with propellant (such as gunpowder) are responsible for abiding by all laws and postal regulations.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone here use Paypal?  [red]Yes[/red]
Does it work?  [red]Yes[/red]
How does it work? [red]You can send money to an e-mail address from a credit card or checking account.  I think Paypal makes deposits when you want it to, but I don't really know.[/red]
How do you send money? [red]Type in an e-mail address, and use a CC or a checking account number.[/red]
How do you receive your money?  [red]I think you get an e-mail notification that you have a deposit in your account[/red]
Do any of you have experience using it for business use?  [red]Nope, but I'm sure others do![/red]
Thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
How are they supposed to know?  It seems like they are just trying to avoid liability by having a stated policy.  AFAIK you can pay for anything you want through them.  All they do is route money.  It is really none of their concern.

They are kind of like a bank in that respect.  Someone writes me a check and the bank honors it as cash from an account.

Banks can't tell you that you can't write checks for guns.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the deal with Paypal and firearms was that you can't ADVERTISE firearms, or be some sort of 'paypal store' and sell firearms.

F them otherwise.  They can't regulate what you send money to someone else for.  

I've used it and only had one problem... payment for a rifle I won in an auction - paypal took the funds from my bank account instead of CC, and I swear I selected the payment method as the CC.  Caused me to bounce my rent check.  Not fun.  Since then, I'm absolutely sure to verify the funding source.  Also watch my bank account like a hawk (online) so I can see if any withdrawals are made.  No problems, and I've had my account for over a year, I think.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't like/agree with there rules, but like to use for the connivance factor. Never had any problems with the service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If I ever need to get verified with Paypal, I'll start up a brand new checking account for that purpose.  That way you can't get screwed too badly, especially if your account is hacked somehow.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I use it and F' their rules...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top