Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/28/2003 11:19:22 AM EDT
I just saw an editorial on KGTV channel 10 here in San Diego. Here is a copy from their web site at http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/. Assault weapons back on our streets. Have we gone crazy? Congress is about to make a big mistake and it will make America a more dangerous place to live. Unless the political winds change completely, Congress will soon allow the 1994 ban on assault weapons to end. That will make 19 military-style weapons -- AK47s and such -- legal again in the U.S. In case you've forgotten, these were the weapons of choice in the street wars over drugs in the 80s and early 90s. No sportsman needs them. They are designed with only one purpose -- to kill humans quickly and in great numbers. San Diego's 10 says its absurd to even consider allowing these terrible weapons back on our streets. However, the power of the gun lobby and its money is so strong in Congress right now that the good judgment of the majority of Americans and its law enforcement agencies may soon be ignored. We call on San Diego's Congressional delegation to lend support to California Senator Feinstein's drive to keep assault weapons off our streets. Allowing these killing machines to make a comeback assaults all common sense. That's our opinion. What's yours? Darrell Brown KGTV Vice President and General Manager The discussion forum is at http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?sitekey=sand&Forum=232&Topic=8479. Lets kick their ass.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:25:13 AM EDT
i'd like to kick him in the ass alright...............but can i? should i? i am after all wearing an "assault boot" in which steel is inserted into the toe to make it a deadly weapon designed only for sinister reasons im sure
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:51:07 AM EDT
I submitted a reply on the forum and got this message: Thank you, RedBucket. Your message has been successfully submitted to a moderator. Once it is deemed appropriate by our moderators, your message will be posted into the discussion. Wow. They will post it IF it is deemed appropriate?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:49:34 PM EDT
I posted a couple hours ago. They still haven't posted my comments. TXL
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:10:00 PM EDT
That was so weak. Three posts for us and none against.
Top Top