Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/26/2003 8:03:55 PM EDT
Weekend vacation turned into a nightmare. Big falling out between some of my family. Turned into a melee of arguing and such, looks like it won't blow over any time soon. I guess this custody issue is starting to sink in because I'm feeling lots of anxiety over it. I am feeling like I just want to ignore it but I know I can't. I just feel defeated already. I guess because I've let my ex walk on me for the last 7 years and am used to feeling that way. Additionally I'm considering returniing to college but with a change of major. Looking at PSU Abington, PA campus. I just feel like I let everything accumulate and never fixed my problems. Oh. well it will pass, it always does. Life really blows sometimes. Not because I'm having troubles right now, I know they all have solutions but because it seems to be one obstacle after another. It seems that things constantly pop up. It gets difficult to manage. My wife and I are planning a huge change in our future. She is changing careers all together. She's a retail manager and the $$ are not bad she hates the hours and BS. So she is gonna get into a new gig, what that is remains to be seen. Me, I HAVE to finish this damned degree or I'm dead in the water for sure. Looking at a generalized BS in Science from PSU. I can finish it up quickly and get into the work force and if possible try for LDO with the Navy. I have a buddy that works for a phamaceutical company and could get me into a position with him that pays well if I had that damned sheepskin! We have come to the conclusion that this is nesseccary for both of us. The strain of payday to payday living sux! A bit of sacrifice will go a long way in the end. So it looks like some serious adjustment is ahead. Just hope I can cope.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:45:31 PM EDT
You'll make it, Valkyrie. You just have to hang in there. Things aren't going great for me right now, either. You're not alone. Give yourself some time everyday to completely forget about your problems. It really does help. And how does that saying go?..."God never gives us more than we can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much".
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:57:43 PM EDT
Thanx Yank! I'm not real religious but I have faith that he gives the heaviests loads to the strongest mules.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:02:43 PM EDT
Valkyrie... sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. Last week I was the bug. I had shit thrown at me from every different direction. Hopefully that is the end of that streak of bad luck. And thats what they are my friend... just streaks of bad luck. this week its your turn, Next week or maybe even tomorrow will be different...hopefully for the better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:14:01 AM EDT
Top Top