Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!!! Some of you guys are just incredible!

A well known and self-avowed Democrat with the ear of millions of people puts out a message that's very positive toward our side, and all you can do is bitch about how you could have done it better.

Unreal!

View Quote

Not saying he could have done it better......just get to the point:

Liberals who tout "tolerance" are the most intolerant violent people in this country. They are what is wrong with the "system".

They are the embodiment of the Franklin quote:"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that is an impressive post. Very concise deconstruction of the topic.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always liked Dilbert.  Now I really like Scott Adams.  He is really funny.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What Adams is doing is saying out loud what a lot of people want to say, not in favor of one candidate or another, but about the whole left vs right thing in general.

He's calling out the left vs right thing as very very very polarizing for a lot of people out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol so a high profile? democrat regursitates for his readers what i have read here thousands of times?

username?

What Adams is doing is saying out loud what a lot of people want to say, not in favor of one candidate or another, but about the whole left vs right thing in general.

Mr. Adams, who has previously lauded Mr. Trump for his persuasion skills, explained that Mrs. Clinton’s supporters have “convinced” him that his safety would be at risk if he was viewed as supportive of Mr. Trump.
“This past week we saw Clinton pair the idea of President Trump with nuclear disaster, racism, Hitler, the Holocaust, and whatever else makes you tremble in fear,” Mr. Adams wrote. “Her new scare tactics are solid-gold persuasion.
“The only downside I can see to the new approach is that it is likely to trigger a race war in the United States. And I would be a top-ten assassination target in that scenario because once you define Trump as Hitler, you also give citizens moral permission to kill him,” he explained. “And obviously it would be okay to kill anyone who actively supports a genocidal dictator, including anyone who wrote about his persuasion skills in positive terms. (I’m called an ‘apologist’ on Twitter, or sometimes just Joseph Goebbels).
“So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd,” Mr. Adams argued. “But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

He's calling out the left vs right thing as very very very polarizing for a lot of people out there.

so username?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Adams is a realist.  He takes things at face value.  His comic strip is hilarious to anyone who has worked in an office setting.  The whole corporate blinders and moron boss/executive theme, it hits home with a lot lot lot of people.  But at the same time he's churning out these strips for the corporate big wigs that make bank.  He knows the hypocrisy of it and that only fuels him further.  Some of his strips even hit on this and he gets them through under the wire.

I don't think he's a Dem, I think he's a Libertarian, or maybe independent.  I think he is street smart and does not vote on party lines, but on the issues. He's not afraid to call out anyone whether it's left, right or wherever.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's silence the press while we are at it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as some people in this thread think Democrats don't need guns, keep in mind that we have Democrats in my home state which are VERY Pro 2A, and also elected officials.

A good friend of mine is a Senator and one of his bills was cosponsoring a Shall Sign NFA bill.  We never talked party affiliation before and I assumed he was a (R) but he knows what's it like to buy weapons during an AWB, and right after 41P was introduced, he went to work to make sure that 2 jurisdictions in this state could no longer arbitrarily deny signatures on Class 3 purchases.

Beginning to think that it's not about being Left Wing or Right Wing---it's about helping the whole bird (Purpose Driven Life author Rick Warren) may be fruitful for some here.

I still think it's ok to be a democrat and own a firearm.  Shall not be infringed was was not written with political affiliation as a qualifier.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Makes a certain amount of sense.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
He has had some very good posts over the years.

Doesn't seem to have the frothing mouth rabid hate for people who don't think like him like a lot of libs do.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As much as some people in this thread think Democrats don't need guns, keep in mind that we have Democrats in my home state which are VERY Pro 2A, and also elected officials.

A good friend of mine is a Senator and one of his bills was cosponsoring a Shall Sign NFA bill.  We never talked party affiliation before and I assumed he was a (R) but he knows what's it like to buy weapons during an AWB, and right after 41P was introduced, he went to work to make sure that 2 jurisdictions in this state could no longer arbitrarily deny signatures on Class 3 purchases.

Beginning to think that it's not about being Left Wing or Right Wing---it's about helping the whole bird (Purpose Driven Life author Rick Warren) may be fruitful for some here.

I still think it's ok to be a democrat and own a firearm.  Shall not be infringed was was not written with political affiliation as a qualifier.
View Quote
You make good points.

I liked the blog.  I think it paints with a broad brush but there is a deep truth in what he is saying.  And while it is true that Democrats can also be gun owners, in some pockets of the country, the demographics the author refers to is something else entirely....the epicenters of liberalism where entire societies are constructed around liberal ideals....Chicago and Los Angeles come to mind.  Places that are beginning to show signs of decay if not already in full decay....morally, economically.  Places like this are a dangerous mix of crime, violence, self righteousness, and victimhood.....the pillars on which modern progressive liberalism is built.  For people who live in such environments, a gun thrown into the mix is disastrous.  That is their reality and their view of society.  They dont see a gun as a tool for defense because in their reality, that's not how its used.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A well known and self-avowed Democrat with the ear of millions of people puts out a message that's very positive toward our side, and all you can do is bitch about how you could have done it better.

Unreal!

View Quote

Seriously. You can tell he's not a "gun guy", just a guy with an opinion.

We're all on this site because we love firearms, the AR15 in particular, and that affects the way we view the issue.

He just openly stated that Democrats use guns to shoot innocent people and that Republicans don't. That's as close to shooting twin 6920's in the air while screaming MOLON LABE! as you're gonna get.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Without taking any fundamental rights into account, I like it.
View Quote

Agreed.  My right to self defense is grounded in not only defense from democrats, but from their legislative body/bodies as well.  

But that's a very interesting statement.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Democrats are unlikely to talk Republicans out of gun ownership because it comes off as “Put down your gun so I can shoot you.”
View Quote

First honest democrat?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LOL, the sad part is...he only half "gets it".

He should take his reasoning one step farther and realize that without guns, libtards-democrats-uneducated fools-commie lovers, would still be murdering each other, albeit with blunt objects and sharp knives.

Guns are not the problem......liberals are!
View Quote
This is the correct post.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Scott Adams hits it where we can understand it, but the left us going to rape him on this being pro guns/right wingers.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should take his reasoning one step farther and realize that without guns, libtards-democrats-uneducated fools-commie lovers, would still be murdering each other, albeit with blunt objects and sharp knives.

If you're posting in the arfcom echo chamber, yeah. Not if you're trying to explain gun politics to otherwise disinterested third parties.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So...a solution would be - if you're a registered democrat, you have to turn in your guns and be banned from future gun ownership.
View Quote

I'm a registered democrat...so I can try to screw them in their primaries
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Liberals who tout "tolerance" are the most intolerant violent people in this country. They are what is wrong with the "system".

They are the embodiment of the Franklin quote:"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unreal!

I've found in life, generally when people openly describe themself they're the opposite of what they say. It's more like they are trying to convince you they're something they're not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I jadn'r read Scott Adams's stuff since he was announcing his book God's Debris" some 15+ years ago.

Just spent an hour... still trying to figure out why people are so assuredly stating he is a liberal, let alone a Leftist.

I'd like to ask those insisting that to please point out one specific thing he's done or said that led them to this conclusion.

I liked this:

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#20]
The second amendment is there for republicans and other patriots to take back government control from liberals and democraps when they fuck it up so bad nobody can stand it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I jadn'r read Scott Adams's stuff since he was announcing his book God's Debris" some 15+ years ago.

Just spent an hour... still trying to figure out why people are so assuredly stating he is a liberal, let alone a Leftist.

I'd like to ask those insisting that to please point out one specific thing he's done or said that led them to this conclusion.

I liked this:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/15d0cefa296f3deaf8df96a8182b0273/tumblr_inline_o8pvehDfO61t63ajm_500.png
View Quote
Because he's voting for Hildabeast maybe?

Pretty good assessment for a libtard.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
it really does, and fits well with the mental basis of the parties. Protect me vs let me protect myself.

View Quote

Collectivism vs Individualism
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Based on the constitution idea of unalienable rights the Republicans are right

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Neither side is "right.”

Based on the constitution idea of unalienable rights the Republicans are right

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
What passes for a Democrat in some parts of the country would look solidly Republican in others areas.  And for the most part all the local Democrat parties are being slid radically to the left thanks to a certain demographic of party activists who aren't encumbered with family obligations or a steady job.  If we had a good and smart Republican running the show right now they could really make some hay and put the Democrats on the margins in many areas.  But sadly most political types aren't terribly smart.  We all like those broad brush labels.  We all like to demonize our opponents.   This thread will be chock full of this shortly.

Scott Adams is mostly correct in his theory, I suspect.  No way will we ever see real data to back it up because it would be academic suicide.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked this:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/15d0cefa296f3deaf8df96a8182b0273/tumblr_inline_o8pvehDfO61t63ajm_500.png

Where / when did he say this?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, that's certainly an original way of framing the issue.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked this:

He "endorsed" her for POTUS. But his endorsement is bitingly sarcastic.

Draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked this:

Sarcasm and ironic humor are lost on some people.

"I don’t vote and I am not a member of a political party."  Scott Adams, 2016

"On social issues, I lean Libertarian, minus the crazy stuff."  Scott Adams, 2008

The only downside I can see to the new approach is that it is likely to trigger a race war in the United States. And I would be a top-ten assassination target in that scenario because once you define Trump as Hitler, you also give citizens moral permission to kill him. And obviously it would be okay to kill anyone who actively supports a genocidal dictator, including anyone who wrote about his persuasion skills in positive terms. (I’m called an “apologist” on Twitter, or sometimes just Joseph Goebbels).

If Clinton successfully pairs Trump with Hitler in your mind – as she is doing – and loses anyway, about a quarter of the country will think it is morally justified to assassinate their own leader. I too would feel that way if an actual Hitler came to power in this country. I would join the resistance and try to take out the Hitler-like leader. You should do the same. No one wants an actual President Hitler.

So I’ve decided to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, for my personal safety. Trump supporters don’t have any bad feelings about patriotic Americans such as myself, so I’ll be safe from that crowd. But Clinton supporters have convinced me – and here I am being 100% serious – that my safety is at risk if I am seen as supportive of Trump. So I’m taking the safe way out and endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.

As I have often said, I have no psychic powers and I don’t know which candidate would be the best president. But I do know which outcome is most likely to get me killed by my fellow citizens. So for safety reason, I’m on team Clinton.

My prediction remains that Trump will win in a landslide based on his superior persuasion skills. But don’t blame me for anything President Trump does in office because I endorse Clinton.

The rest of you are on your own. Good luck.

Yep, that's a die hard actual Clinton supporter right there.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice take on it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If you're posting in the arfcom echo chamber, yeah. Not if you're trying to explain gun politics to otherwise disinterested third parties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we have to do something.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unreal!

View Quote

Are we reading the same thread?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#33]

There is no compromise to be had in this situation unless you brainwash one side or the other to see their self-interest differently. And I don’t see anyone with persuasion skills trying to do that on either side.
If we had a real government – the kind that works – we would acknowledge that gun violence is not one big problem with one big solution. It is millions of people with different risk profiles voting their self-interest as they see it.
View Quote

I suppose the next question to ask is, "How do we change Democrat risk profiles to make their emotions work FOR us?"

And a less ideal question if we cant answer the first, "How do we brainwash them to see their self-interest differently?"  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
While I might not agree with every tidbit of his argument, the article is insightful.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The guy makes good points. He's at least intellectually honest. But, why are we listening to a cartoonist?
View Quote

You do realize that the most political and socially insightful TV show in this generation is a cartoon right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

While I might not agree with every tidbit of his argument, the article is insightful.

Agreed.
Same.  Good on him.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#37]
At least he said it but he left out the word "black."
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
WTF I also belive the US prison population is predominantly Democrats. Or would be if they still had their civial rights.
View Quote

True if you freeze their political leanings as they were at the time of incarceration. In my experience, quite a few inmates start leaning towards personal responsibility and all that jazz to some extent. Where i work it is a violation for an inmate to defend himself against an attacker. All he is allowed to do is run away or ball up and wait for rescue. Fighting back will land him in the same pot as his attacker. Couple that with the seeming lack of oversight on his keepers and the socialized medicine with foreign doctors and you have a little communist shithole country within those fences. Living under such a liberal utopian system can cause the smarter ones to take notice and draw a few conclusions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I just got done reading a couple pages of his blog.

Check out the Hillary tweet near the bottom of this page.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't think this guy is actually a libtard.  He says he supports Hillary only because he's convinced that he'll be murdered by psychopathic leftists if he openly supports Trump.
View Quote

pretty obvious he's riding the train if you've read any of his trump articles
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think this guy is actually a libtard.  He says he supports Hillary only because he's convinced that he'll be murdered by psychopathic leftists if he openly supports Trump.

If *not* supporting trump makes you a libtard, you have a rather polarized and warped view of conservatism.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I grew up in Detroit so all I can say is "WELL NO SHIT - DUH!!".
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#43]
He sounds very reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You do realize that the most political and socially insightful TV show in this generation is a cartoon right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy makes good points. He's at least intellectually honest. But, why are we listening to a cartoonist?

squidbillies?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Adams hits on something important. Gun control isn't about statistics or the Constitution. It's about human nature. Sadly, many people, regardless of whether they're liberals or conservatives, think along these lines: "I don't do it or have it. I don't like it. Therefore, I want a law against it." The conservative pet issues include abortion, gay marriage, and marijuana. The vast majority of people that want strict gun control don't own guns. Many people like tyranny, even if they don't admit it to themselves. Not many people really like freedom when it means other people get to do stuff they don't like.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting that Facebook won't let me share it........
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We would certainly all be a lot safer if they did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All Democrats should turn in their guns. I'm OK with that solution.

We would certainly all be a lot safer if they did.

Just crazy enough to work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

squidbillies?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

squidbillies?

do it to it
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#49]
You know, reading through his blog like him more  and more. He's a very smart individual, and he calls out both sides for what it is. I can see that while he identifies as a democrat, he has a lot of republican leanings. I think his intelligence may be a turn off for some, because it makes it seem like he's talking down to people. But I definitely think hes someone that we should keep an eye on.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Not a bad analysis, but still, this:

Quoted:

Based on the constitution the Republicans are right

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Neither side is "right.”

Based on the constitution the Republicans are right