Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 10:23:01 AM EDT
Tell eveyone your best vaction where it was just you and your buds out on some "search and distroy"!

For me it was when me and my bestfriend went to the Philippines in search of some "adventure". My friends uncle always told us of his fun days(and nights)in the Philippines when he was in the military so after high school graduation we work for a year and saved money and we all three went together. He was a great tour guide even though his old hang out Olang a po??? wasn't the party spot anymore. We went to Manila and stayed in Makati for a few days getting to know the girls at the clubs on Burgous St. So after two nights of fun we all had found dates that we were sure we were in love with and we took them to Baracay Island for four days and beach (I didn't know Filipinas were shy about wearing bikinis, lucky us our girls weren't shy!) and dancing at the clubs on the beach at night. After getting back to manila I thought the girls were gonna make us have a shotgun wedding but we were able ditch them and we went up to Bagiuo where the action wasn't as hot but we stayed entertained, alot of college girls. We wanted to go down to Cebu City but time and money forced us back down to earth and back to the states. We all swore to return the next year but you all know how that goes. It's been 10 years now and I still dream of the Island life and I if I won the lottery I know were I would make my home.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent a couple of months in "The P.I." a long time ago, almost twenty years ago now. That was at NAS Cubi Point. I didn't see much more than Olongapo City and the surrounding area but that was enough. When I was a 19 year old Marine it was like Disney World for alcoholic sex addicts. Nowadays, I'll pass. It was great liberty though. Japan was my home base and just as much fun but much more civilized. Korea was fun as well. Okinawa was the worst. I still managed to have a pretty good time.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard several Marines say that Okinawa was a boring place, I wonder why?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Been to the P.I. lots of times while in the Corps. Been to Pattaya Beach and Phuket in Thailand too. Yes it is Dineyland for perverts[:d]. Australia gets alot of talk, but I found Sydney really no different from the states and Perth was a little better. But both weren't up to the expectations.

In europe, I had a blast in Denmark and Norway. Great place if you like your women blonde. If dark haired women are your thing, a man could have fun in Spain if he weren't careful.[;)]

But the place that really shocked me was Isreal. I spent 6 weeks in Rota and we regularly went to Tel Aviv. I was expecting a very religious place. Not so. Party time in the mid east. The jewish girls loved to have fun!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Tokyo working at the Embassy.  2 months of sheer heaven.  Party time in Shinjuku every night.  Being able to speak Japanese, I pretty much had to beat them off with a stick (the girls that is)  Was doing some late work in my room one night and room mate (1 week situation, he was on leave from Korea) brings a girl up.  He takes a shower and they had planned on going dancing.  I have TV on in background, sitting at desk with typewriter (long time ago before laptops [:)] ) and laughed at a joke on TV.  She asks me if I understood that.  I told her I did.  We strike up a conversation (totally platonic)  He comes out of the shower and she tells him to go without her.  OOPS!!!  And going away party was even better.  The Colonel takes us to the Tokyo Playboy club.  Japanese Bunnies [banana] [bounce] [sex]  What can I say, I was a 21 year old in heaven.  And no, it doesn't go like ---that
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I won a bet and won a free 1 way ticket to HI, so I went. Had too much fun and spent my return trip ticket money. So I went to the Ala-wai yacht basin and got a free place to stay for a few more days(aboard a boat) and a job sailing a 40' sloop back to the Seattle area. The trip back to Seattle was a 19 day celebration of life!

From Seattle, I caught a fish boat and worked my passage to Ketchikan.

From Ktn, I caught another boat to Kodiak. Fun was over.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I've never been in the military, but I did paticipate in some "international relations" in Costa Rica when I was younger.  [:O] [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top