Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/25/2003 9:59:16 AM EDT
I already tried salt water, I am going to try some hard alchohol maybe that will clean it up because I think most of that sore throat spray is just alchohol? right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:05:18 AM EDT
make some ginger ale. from real ginger, don't drink the bottled kind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:15 AM EDT
Everclear and lots of it. Your throat might still hurt, but you won't know it! [:)] [img]http://www.beerliquors.com/images/graphic/spiritEverclearGrain.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:53 AM EDT
It depends on the cause of your sore throat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:31:52 AM EDT
Wow amazing what some 80 proof will do for ya! suprisingly It feels alot better now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:50:18 PM EDT
Lidocaine Viscous solution by prescription. This stuff totally numbs out your throat... and tongue and mouth too but it works great.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:53:58 PM EDT
"how to clear up a sore throat?" Ummm.... nevermind. [shock]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2003 2:55:39 PM EDT by dbrowne1]
Agree with Ogre and Sodie. Need a diagnosis to treat the cause, and a Xylocaine-type anesthetic spray will allow you to swallow a flaming porcupine and not feel a thing. Edit - oops, saw that you already tried salt water.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:01:08 PM EDT
hot tea with honey t
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:34:26 PM EDT
some things i have heard, but don't neccessarily advocate without having tried. old fashioned Listerine placed in a pump spray, spray on back of throat full strength. coca cola actually has a somewhat lessening effect on throat pain for some reason. warm salt water gargles. gargle schnapps or similar alcohol. hot and cold packs on throat. viscous lidocaine. i had a bad case of strep last winter that turned into painful ulcers on my thraot. the doc gave me tylenol 3 syrup to gargle.....that worked like a charm, however if you don't have access to t3.... i had a bad one a few years ago, and i popped some vicodin ES i had left over from oral surgery, that worked too...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:59:14 PM EDT
for a simple sore throat try fresh pineapple and slippery elm tea and lozenges...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:08:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:11:45 PM EDT
Witches' Brew. Or you can take leftover meds like trimox or PCE 500 mg.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:27:52 PM EDT
how to clear up a sore throat?
View Quote
You must amputate.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:32:31 PM EDT
Codiene cough syrup always works for me[BD] Gemologist[x]BLOAT Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:33:09 PM EDT
A teaspoon of honey
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:43:12 PM EDT
Tubalkum, swabbed on liberaly with a blunt tip applicator.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:47:50 PM EDT
Time. Or whatever this guys uses: [img]http://www.knddesign.com/sescarny/tspic2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:52:19 PM EDT
Move your bed out from under the window. Had a sore throat for years. Couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that cold air was coming in through the window even when shut. Once I moved the bed, no more sore throat. ED
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:30:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kevlar: some things i have heard, but don't neccessarily advocate without having tried. old fashioned Listerine placed in a pump spray, spray on back of throat full strength. coca cola actually has a somewhat lessening effect on throat pain for some reason. warm salt water gargles. gargle schnapps or similar alcohol. hot and cold packs on throat. viscous lidocaine. i had a bad case of strep last winter that turned into painful ulcers on my thraot. the doc gave me tylenol 3 syrup to gargle.....that worked like a charm, however if you don't have access to t3.... i had a bad one a few years ago, and i popped some vicodin ES i had left over from oral surgery, that worked too...
View Quote
You advocate putting all this stuff into a pump and putting it down your throat at full strength? THat might just kill you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:31:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dbrowne1: Agree with Ogre and Sodie. Need a diagnosis to treat the cause, and a Xylocaine-type anesthetic spray will allow you to swallow a flaming porcupine and not feel a thing. Edit - oops, saw that you already tried salt water.
View Quote
I was dying of laughter!!!! A flaming porcupine!!! LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO Hahhahahaha that's classic I had the impertinence to use that as my sig line.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:39:08 PM EDT
wow, all these replies, and no one mentioned the best way to effectively treat a sore throat (that's due to infection) - gargle with Hydrogen Pyroxide. Yep, the stuff you put on cuts. It's nasty, tastes foul, leaves your mouth feeling like it's stuffed with cotton, but it will knock a sore throat down IMMEDIATELY. DON'T swallow any. Read up on it. I'm not a Dr, but I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn. high-percentage alcohol, be it booze or Listerine kills germs too, but repeatedly soaking your mucous membranes in alcohol will dry them out. You'll kill the infection-inflamation but still have a parched throat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:17:39 PM EDT
Gargle liquid Benadryl and spit it out. Or My favorite. Mix Chloraseptic spray with Peanut butter. This is nasty as hell, but it sticks to your throat and lasts a good while. I would go to a doctor and make sure it is nothing serious.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:36:21 PM EDT
cunilingus!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:39:13 PM EDT
if you were a lady i'd tell you about the good medicine needs to be injected nice and fresh right into the sore spot [naughty]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:27:57 AM EDT
Injected? What? You want to stick a needle down there and inject his throat with some anti-bacterial shit and some pain reliever? Ouch...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:32:32 AM EDT
Warm lemonade and a teaspoon of honey. It won't cure it, but at least you will feel better.
Top Top