Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never run into this situation since I bring my guns in a locked range bag and do not remove them until I get on the firing line. However, I've been to several indoor ranges in three different states and the usual reaction to such a situation goes something like this:
Range staff: "Is it loaded?"
Customer: " No."
Range staff: "Do you mind if I check?"
Customer: "No."
Then the range staff takes the weapon points it into a clearing barrel or in a safe direction empties the mag and checks the chamber.
There may or may not be a lecture on carrying the weapon into the store with the slide forward. I've never seen the magazine be an issue. Usually they'll suggest keeping the empty magazine in to hold the slide back.

I have to ask though, what was on the door? Did it say no loaded weapons or did it say all weapons must be in condition four?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The thing I'm missing here is how you transported your pistol (with a loaded magazine)to the range.  
Was it holstered or cased? Or did you just throw it in your pocket?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't do it again will you?  You'll always remember the ass chewing you got, and I bet you'll never walk into a range with a loaded weapon again.
When my uncle was teaching us to shoot, my brother and I did something stupid.  He saw what we were doing and chewed our asses.  That was when I was 15.  To this day I still remember that and don't do what he was yelling at us for.
In my opinion you got embarrassed by what you did, and the rightful ass-chewing you received.  Why you chose to come here and post your stupidity, and then cry when no one took your side is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO.....If there is nothign in the Pipe, then it AIN'T loaded!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would your opinion change if the business end of the firearm was pointed at you?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the mag in it, but the chamber was empty
View Quote

The only range A$$hole is you for having a loaded pistol. What a dumb-phuck and change your handle to Palm-Raider.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
W_R:  A quick question - You admit to not having a holster or a box for your Kimber.  How were you carrying it when you walked in?  Was it in your hand?

That, more than anything, may have attributed to the proprietor's attitude.  I know that if I were to walk into my closest range (which also happens to be attached to a C3 store) with a loaded weapon in my hand, I'd be on the receiving end of a cold welcome.

I'm not saying he was right, just wondering about the rest of the situation. Also, in his place of business, he has the right to be an a**hole.  And you have the right to spend your money elsewhere.

Go to a business where your comfortable.  His customers will continue to go to him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
You obviously started this thread for sympathy,  fella, you won't get it from me.

Somehow,  I get the feeling that what you call "apoligies" I would call lame ass excuses and running you mouth.

Gun shop owners, cops,  and for all I know,  the little checkout girl at the Quickie Mart. You seem to have a real problem with authority figures.  Quite a leap,  comments about police when as far as I can tell,  there weren't even any involved.  I have a feeling the instant  response of the shop owner was in direct correlation to your mouth.

My suggestion would be to give that Kimber to someone who would appreciate it properly and follow simple basic safety procedures.  I have a 9mm hole in my leg from just such an individual as you. He "Knew what he was doing" too.

I would also suggest you get your head out of your rear and do some SERIOUS self reflection,  or the road ahead is really going to be bumpy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL...before things get too heated!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are of course right, Mr. X-Ray Eyes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You won't do it again will you?  You'll always remember the ass chewing you got, and I bet you'll never walk into a range with a loaded weapon again.
When my uncle was teaching us to shoot, my brother and I did something stupid.  He saw what we were doing and chewed our asses.  That was when I was 15.  To this day I still remember that and don't do what he was yelling at us for.
In my opinion you got embarrassed by what you did, and the rightful ass-chewing you received.  Why you chose to come here and post your stupidity, and then cry when no one took your side is beyond me.
View Quote

I don't know what funcking world you live in, but I live in a world where you start off with showing a man respect and when he does not show it in return or disrespects you, then something is not proper and one of you should leave rather than continue to make a bad situation worse. Now, if you're going to say that I should have respected him by bringing the gun in there with a loaded mag, then you're right... and I appologized profusely over it and let him have his 15 minutes while he created a specticle for everybody to see. I guess you had to be there to understand exactly how it was, but this guy was obviously more concerned with trying to condescend me more than safety. He is just a miserable son-of-a-bitch who needed someone to take his frustrations out on. I've run into ass-holes before and I'm sure he won't be the last of them... like some people on this thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know what funcking world you live in, but I live in a world where you start off with showing a man respect and when he does not show it in return or disrespects you, then something is not proper and one of you should leave rather than continue to make a bad situation worse. Now, if you're going to say that I should have respected him by bringing the gun in there with a loaded mag, then you're right... and I appologized profusely over it and let him have his 15 minutes while he created a specticle for everybody to see. I guess you had to be there to understand exactly how it was, but this guy was obviously more concerned with trying to condescend me more than safety. He is just a miserable son-of-a-bitch who needed someone to take his frustrations out on. I've run into ass-holes before and I'm sure he won't be the last of them... like some people on this thread.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

One other thing, to everyone on this thread.  We only have one side of the story.  I'll betcha dollars to donuts that as soon as they asked mr. pissed off here what a mag was doing in a gun that he just toted into a place of business with no box or holster, with the slide down, he copped an attitude immediately.  Look at the way he's already responded in this thread.  As soon as you question his obvious genious gleened from years (months?) on this planet, he flies off the handle.

I agree with Morpheus, it's obvious who the asshole at the range was that day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You just dont listen do you? Do us a favor sell your Kimber and use the money to get anger management/maturity classes, you are the reason gun laws are so restrictive....
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You just dont listen do you? Do us a favor sell your Kimber and use the money to get anger management/maturity classes, you are the reason gun laws are so restrictive....
View Quote

Screw you too ass-hole !!!

I try not to argue with liberalistic yankees. Go put your Dixie Chicks cd on and shut the fuck up!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, what the hell...

IBTL.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Womb -

You really know how to make friends, dont'cha?

The mention of respect here crossed my mind as I got up this morning to re-check this thread.

For the comment of the 'pipe empty, it's not loaded' -
SEE RULE #1 OF GUN-HANDLING.
[b]ALL guns are ALWAYS LOADED.[/b]

That's what I've taught my children.
It's a FACT.

This is the reason for the mention of respect.
Your walking into the shop with an uncased firearm WITH a loaded magazine in it and laying it on the counter is the beginning of the problem, period.
You showed DISrespect for everyone in the shop by doing that.
Sorry, but that's the Truth.

Calm down.  
Re-think your moves.  
Learn from the mistake you made.
Control yourself.

Do NOT start insulting the few friends you've got here by telling them to Fukk Off.
I'll bet $$$ if you went back to the range to straighten things out that Life would be better.
I'd also wager that if you came back here with a fresh attitude after that, more people would be willing to consider giving you the respect you are seeking.
Respect begins with humility.
Good Luck.

Geez, I'm done preachin'. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#19]

WombRaider Quote:
Screw you too ass-hole !!!

I try not to argue with liberalistic yankees. Go put your Dixie Chicks cd on and shut the fuck up!!! :quote:

This is so far out in the ozone I don't know how to begin.  NYC 44 is right,  this is the reason we have restrictive gun laws,  and how some ignorant few will destroy it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top