Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate a lot of things. But all of those things exists. Sorry your sky friend doesn't make the list.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Christians support terrorism.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/westboro-baptist-church-god-sent-the-shooter/

What?  Not all Christians believe the same thing, but atheists do.    
View Quote

Don't forget molest children too. Apparently all Christians are the same.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
OP,

I'm an atheist and i'm not certain of anything... I do not believe in any religion or gods.  

I do not have an affirmative belief that there is no god, as such I do not hate "him."  Is it possible that god exists?  Anything's possible, but I do not believe there is any evidence to support that proposition.  If there was sufficient evidence (see burden of proof) to support that assertion than I would believe in it.  

OP, do you hate leprechaun unicorns (tiny irish unicorns that grant wishes and are often drunk)?  I'm guessing you don't believe in them, if you don't believe in them how could you hate them?  It seems rather nonsensical to hate something you don't believe in.

OP, are you building yourself a strawman?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Religion was created to control the population and pilfer money from them. It's the oldest scam.

Be cool, don't be an asshole. Life will be alright. Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists
View Quote

That's probably true but 87% of Antitheists incorrectly call themselves Atheists.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hate him?  

How can they hate him if him doesn't exist?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
Hate him?  

How can they hate him if him doesn't exist?

"Presuming for the sake of argument Yahweh was real, he'd be morally bankrupt because xyz..." is how many atheists think. Like conservatives arguing against gun control, atheists continue piling on extra layers of objections even if the opposition's core premises are already fucked.

But many fundamentalists don't (and/or refuse to) understand moral relativity, so they think atheists are working from inside the same moral framework they are, which leads to warped misunderstandings of secular positions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can not hate something which does not exist.

I don't hate you for believing in a god, I just feel sorry for you.

1DD
View Quote

Im agnostic and i dont believe in any organized religion or its book. I was raised methodist. I had perfect attendence in sunday school too. Later on I attended full gospel baptist church and revivals on wed nites while in the Army in the south. I ate dinner with the pastors family on mondays. I was baptized in a lake and "saved" and talked in tongues. And i STILL didnt "feel the presence of jesus". I did it all to be with god before the deployment and know i was right with the lord. All i found was a life where everything fun was a sin and i felt as i was losing myself.

I stopped going to church, got my life back, and started simply living morally. I deployed, saw what the muslim faith wanted, and came back just DONE with any religion.

For the record i am also a straight edge and i have a loving family.

Just live morally. Its SO easy to do. I believe in what i can see and feel.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You don't think Richard Dawkins doesn't care *intensely* about what you, I, and everyone else believes and won't be satisfied till everyone agrees with him?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have yet to meet an Atheist that really gives a shit about what someone else believes.  I have been witness to believers that condemn those that don't believe though.

You don't think Richard Dawkins doesn't care *intensely* about what you, I, and everyone else believes and won't be satisfied till everyone agrees with him?

My Dad unfortunately is one of those.  When he meets someone with faith he has to actively go about trying to convert them to his "faith".  I can't remember how many times I told him to just let it go, let them have it if it make them happy.  Nope he's not having any of that.

He had a very good friend who finally quit talking to him due to this.  In his defense he did see a lot of combat in Korea which I think caused him to hate God.  Though he claims he don't believe God exists but there's no doubt it goes beyond non believing and into hatred.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
In late.  Stupid thread is stupid; OP needs to care less about what other people do or don't do.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't make sense to be an atheist. It makes far more sense to be agnostic, since atheists cannot prove or disprove that which is unknowable.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It doesn't make sense to be an atheist. It makes far more sense to be agnostic, since atheists cannot prove or disprove that which is unknowable.
View Quote

That's why I'm agnostic. I know I might be wrong.

I see too much wrong with the concept of religion and what has been done with it to support it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#12]
See my sig line.

I'm anti religion, not anti-God (if a god exists).

I'm sure that if there was a god, he wouldn't have wished organized religion turn into what it is today: a means to control people, suppress their potential, and serve as a pretext for violence.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

Makes no sense at all
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

oh look, another atheist bashing thread started in GD

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
OP doesn't like atheists.  Got it.  Thanks for the riveting thread OP!  My day is brightened by your jovial wit!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

because god has abandoned NY.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't remember the last time I had discussion about religion outside of arfcom.

because god has abandoned NY.

Wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Religion was created to control the population and pilfer money from them. It's the oldest scam.

Be cool, don't be an asshole. Life will be alright. Enjoy it.
View Quote

Yes.  And if god requires more than that, or doesn't respect that way of life, then he's not someone I want to spend eternity with anyhow.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Sweet, a troll thread!

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/ronthebear/Quint.jpg

*click-click-click.........click..click*
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#20]
To my mind, atheism requires a level of faith at least equal to theism.

Agnostics are the real OGs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To my mind, atheism requires a level of faith at least equal to theism.

Agnostics are the real OGs.
View Quote

That level of thought is about on par with a squirrel trying to decide whether to eat or bury a nut.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#22]
And the majority of them are Liberals and want gun control !
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#23]
The people who hate God are not atheists.  No mater what they say.

I remember reading an article about a new stretch of highway.   Some church had blessed it, and used Holy Water.   A group went out there a washed the area to get rid of the Holy Water.   They claimed to be atheist.   If you dont believe in Holy Water, then it is just harmless water.   Why bother washing it off?    Making some kind of statement?   More like worshiping some other god.   And maybe not even realizing it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The people who hate God are not atheists.  No mater what they say.

I remember reading an article about a new stretch of highway.   Some church had blessed it, and used Holy Water.   A group went out there a washed the area to get rid of the Holy Water.   They claimed to be atheist.   If you dont believe in Holy Water, then it is just harmless water.   Why bother washing it off?    Making some kind of statement?   More like worshiping some other god.   And maybe not even realizing it.

View Quote

Correct.

Can't "hate" what one doesn't believe exists.

Do the religious "hate" Odin? How about Isis, Zeus....or any of the other "gods" millions have worshiped?

Why this is confusing to some here is .
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/ronthebear/Quint.jpg

*click-click-click.........click..click*

I don't think this is what their god meant when he called them to be "Fishers of Men"..

My main man, Hitch..
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This.

I maybe be more on the agnostic side but I love the symbolism and scripture of religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists

This.

I maybe be more on the agnostic side but I love the symbolism and scripture of religion.

I find that people who call themselves "agnostic" to be at least intellectually honest and I'm able to usually have polite discourse with them.

Atheists on the other hand, I find they tend to be like the OP described.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I find that people who call themselves "agnostic" to be at least intellectually honest and I'm able to usually have polite discourse with them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Atheists != Antitheists

This.

My ex was a rabid antitheist. It was honestly kind of annoying to me even as someone lacking faith.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists

This.

Agnostic is the socially submissive form of atheism
They don't believe in God, they don't follow His commandments, but it doesn't "feel right" for them to disagree with people or be too prideful about it.

Atheists don't know God, disregard His commandments, and like their father rebel against God out of pride.
The constant chanting that God isn't real is as much to convince themselves as others.
They are deep down terrified of being wrong. I used to be an atheist, I know. For an atheist, being wrong means an eternity burning in the lake of fire in such pain we cannot understand. It is not clear what processes are used to atone for sin, but John would say in revelation it involves burning eternally, the writers of the Gospels mentioned worms. It is a place made for demons that humans were never meant to be sentenced to, but people leave God no choice. It is impossible to have peace in this life without making peace with eternity.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

As has been said before, technically most are agnostic just as they are agnostic about unicorns and fairies.

It is hard to say with 100% certainty something doesn't  exist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They don't believe in God, they don't follow His commandments, but it doesn't "feel right" for them to disagree with people or be too prideful about it.

Atheists don't know God, disregard His commandments, and like their father rebel against God out of pride.

The constant chanting that God isn't real is as much to convince themselves as others.

They are deep down terrified of being wrong. I used to be an atheist, I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Atheists != Antitheists

This.

They are deep down terrified of being wrong. I used to be an atheist, I know.

Socially submissive?

I have no problem telling Muslims or Christians practicing the old testaments teachings how I feel.

Don't project your weakness.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

As has been said before, technically most are agnostic just as they are agnostic about unicorns and fairies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That argument is also quite silly. This is the real world, not a philosophy class.  I call myself an athiest because I have determined that the probability of a sentient and intervening god is extremely remote. I am not going to stick some a fine print escape clause in every statement just to keep the professor happy.

The OP likely cannot prove that Allah didn't speak to Mohammed. Clearly, the OP must now be a Muslim.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists

This.

How about this?  I'm an agnostic atheist.  I have no knowledge of the existence of a God or gods, and, therefore, I do not believe in the same.

Gnostic Atheists, they know that there is no God, are arguing from a position of faith.  I find those kinds of discussions irritating.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And 3) like CrossFit folks, they are obligated to repeatedly tell you about 1 & 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
And 3) like CrossFit folks, they are obligated to repeatedly tell you about 1 & 2.

On the internetz - Yes. But I rarely observe them in the wild.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Not quite...

1. We have seen no evidence for any gods
2. Neither have you or Ted Cruz.
3. If the god of the Bible did exist the twisted psycho would be deserving a bullet, not praise.

Serously, it's time to grow up and put away these bronze age mental toys. We have far better answers for everything.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You mean from tax payer funded public facilities
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a Christian I can honestly say I've met atheists who are better people than some Christians.  The atheists that annoy me are the ones who are hell bent on removing anything to do with religion from the public eye.
You mean from tax payer funded public facilities

You do know that shortly after the Constitution was ratified, it was a requirement for many elected officials to belong to a church. Didn't matter which church, or whic religion, but it was a requirement. This was 100% compatible with the philosophy of the founding fathers. It was not until the 60's that the separation of church and state became a thing.

Having a religious display is not the same thing as having a state required religion, which is what the religious component of the First Amendment is about. Church of England, anyone?

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You can not hate something which does not exist.

I don't hate you for believing in a god, I just feel sorry for you.

1DD
View Quote

why would you feel sorry for someone who believes in God?  If I believe in God and I'm wrong, when I die, I'll never know I was wrong.  If you are wrong however, well, I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They are deep down terrified of being wrong. I used to be an atheist, I know. For an atheist, being wrong means an eternity burning in the lake of fire in such pain we cannot understand. It is not clear what processes are used to atone for sin, but John would say in revelation it involves burning eternally, the writers of the Gospels mentioned worms. It is a place made for demons that humans were never meant to be sentenced to, but people leave God no choice. It is impossible to have peace in this life without making peace with eternity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists

This.

Once someone makes peace with the fact that life will go on once they are gone, and that the end really is The End, THAT brings true peace. No having to worry about whether or not you worshipped the correct imaginary friend, said the correct prayers, offered up enough of your income.

We see it, too bad you religious types are so consumed by your own self-centered version of the hereafter. "The Creator of the Universe watches ME, and cares about ME, and has prepared a place for ME." All he asks for is your abject servility, in the classic Master/Slave relationship. So, feel free to live on your knees in submission to an imaginary friend, I'll use my intellect, wisdom, experience, and the words of other humans as guideposts.

No, thanks...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I can't remember the last time I had discussion about religion outside of arfcom.
View Quote
About once every six months I get stuck near someone who brings it up, usually to tell me they have scientific proof they had five kinds of cancer and God healed it... of course sometimes it's allergies as well.

I usually ask them if we can just talk about dogs instead.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

Why does your god have a gender?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atheists != Antitheists

This.

And like the OP, that opinion is based on a highly vocal and tiny minority.

Kinda like Christians and Westboro Baptist nutjobs.

You'd think people would be aware enough of that reality to arrive at this epiphany all by themselves...yet here we are....again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#43]
All atheists are certain of only one thing, they don't believe in a god or gods.

The majority of atheists are weak atheist and make no claim on the actual existence of god, just their lack of belief.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
1) there is no God
2) They hate Him
View Quote

what makes you want to provoke them

Matt 5:9

Luke 9:50
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All atheists are certain of only one thing, they don't believe in a god or gods.

The majority of atheists are weak atheist and make no claim on the actual existence of god, just their lack of belief.

View Quote

That's because you can't prove god doesn't exist, so it would be an unprovable statement. Same as someone claiming Jesus is real or god does exist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#46]

A moderate atheist just wants the anti-theist to tear down the 10 commandments.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#47]
There are no gods but the ones dreamed up in the minds of man.

However I do enjoy sleeping in and having the range to myself on Sunday mornings while you guys get together and chant or whatever it is you do, so keep doing it, no skin off my back as long as you leave me out of it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#48]
First off IBTL

Secondly, you cannot hate that which does not exist

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm going to assume that you mean a publicly placed or located plaque or other monument containing the 10 Commandments . . .

I do not want them torn down, and I don't support them being torn down.

That being said, I'd also not like to see additional monuments constructed on public property, but I'm not really up in arms about it either.

Oiparhon: Hey Motormouth, what do you think of the new 10 Commandment Plaque that the state spent $100,000 on to have erected on the capitol building?

Motormouth:  I don't like it.

Oiparhon:  Yeah?  So what are you going to do about it?

Motormouth:  Tell people "I don't like it" whenever they ask for my opinion about it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Got to love adults that still believe in fairlytale characters
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top