Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2016 8:04:49 PM EDT
Law Enforcement 'Never Guessed' Gay Club Would Be Targeted by Jihad

On Sunday, the East Orlando Post reported startling words from James Copenhaver, whom it described as a “veteran investigator and former Orlando law enforcement officer.” Said Copenhaver:

I have been in this business for 30 years, and we all in law enforcement have talked about one of the theme parks getting hit by these terrorist killers. Never in all my years of training, and being involved in several investigative units, to include the FBI Task Force, would we have ever guessed a LGBT club be a target of an terrorist attack.
Why would they never have guessed?

Because the FBI and other law enforcement agencies don’t study Islam, and this is a direct result of Muslim groups demanding the removal of such material. Those who are committed to protecting us are taught to downplay and deny the motivating ideology behind jihad terror attacks.

Despite the factual accuracy of the material about which they were complaining, the Muslim groups signing the letter demanded that the task force, among other actions:

“Purge all federal government training materials of biased materials.”
“Implement a mandatory re-training program for FBI agents, U.S. Army officers, and all federal, state and local law enforcement who have been subjected to biased training.”

Four-and-a-half years later, this entrenched policy of the U.S. government ensured that people such as Omar Mateen simply cannot be identified as risks.
View Quote

That story sure lends credence to this from 2013:

FBI Training Manual Purged References to Islamic Terror

However, around the same time the bureau interviewed Tsarnaev, changes in the FBI training manual took place as well. The FBI’s own departmental counter-terrorism analytic lexicon was purged of key words that could reference Islamic terrorism. Words like Muslim, Islam, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and sharia were not mentioned once in the FBI’s counter-terrorism lexicon afterwards.

The FBI initially denied the existence of the document in 2012 until PJ Media’s Patrick Poole posted the unclassified doc in May of that year. Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX) took the issue to the House floor and excoriated the administration for allowing the changing of the training manual to happen.
View Quote

The FBI has been handcuffed and blindfolded by political correctness, the Obama administration allowed, likely insisted that the handcuffs and blindfold be put in place.

As such the blame for the Boston attack, San Bernadino attack and Orlando attack can technically be at least in part laid at the feet of Obama and his Administration because of them the FBI apparently has no clue about what the hell they are dealing with.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
this is some heavy stuff. well written.  maybe there's hope.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure they thought it would be targeted by Christians.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this is some heavy stuff. well written.  maybe there's hope.
View Quote

There is no hope , This is all just a speed bump to third world status
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]

I have been in this business for 30 years, and we all in law enforcement have talked about one of the theme parks getting hit by these terrorist killers. Never in all my years of training, and being involved in several investigative units, to include the FBI Task Force, would we have ever guessed a LGBT club be a target of an terrorist attack.
View Quote

I don't believe that.

This is an example of what you would call "Towing the party line."

He is pushing that whole shtick: "Religion of peace. Religion of tolerance." Then he is mixing it with an appeal to authority fallacy, and mixing the whole mess with a healthy dose of "I'm on record, so I'll cover my own ass; no matter what I have to say."
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, they didn't think clubs and other establishments that serve liquor because most if not all, prohibit guns of any type...
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On Sunday, the East Orlando Post reported startling words from James Copenhaver, whom it described as a “veteran investigator and former Orlando law enforcement officer.” Said Copenhaver:

Because the FBI and other law enforcement agencies don’t study Islam, and this is a direct result of Muslim groups demanding the removal of such material. Those who are committed to protecting us are taught to downplay and deny the motivating ideology behind jihad terror attacks.

Despite the factual accuracy of the material about which they were complaining, the Muslim groups signing the letter demanded that the task force, among other actions:

“Purge all federal government training materials of biased materials.”
“Implement a mandatory re-training program for FBI agents, U.S. Army officers, and all federal, state and local law enforcement who have been subjected to biased training.”

Four-and-a-half years later, this entrenched policy of the U.S. government ensured that people such as Omar Mateen simply cannot be identified as risks.
View Quote

However, around the same time the bureau interviewed Tsarnaev, changes in the FBI training manual took place as well. The FBI’s own departmental counter-terrorism analytic lexicon was purged of key words that could reference Islamic terrorism. Words like Muslim, Islam, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and sharia were not mentioned once in the FBI’s counter-terrorism lexicon afterwards.

The FBI initially denied the existence of the document in 2012 until PJ Media’s Patrick Poole posted the unclassified doc in May of that year. Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX) took the issue to the House floor and excoriated the administration for allowing the changing of the training manual to happen.
View Quote

The FBI has been handcuffed and blindfolded by political correctness, the Obama administration allowed, likely insisted that the handcuffs and blindfold be put in place.

As such the blame for the Boston attack, San Bernadino attack and Orlando attack can technically be at least in part laid at the feet of Obama and his Administration because of them the FBI apparently has no clue about what the hell they are dealing with.

View Quote

They are or did remove Islam from DoD as well.
I bet perp figured there wouldn't be too many with CCW in gay bar.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Man that is some TSA level brainstorming right there....
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like they believe the entire world thinks gays are untouchable.
News flash, not everyone in the world coddles their "alternative lifestyle" freaks like we do.
Too bad so many had to pay for these ignorant assumptions.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course...it's a religion of peace.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember a week or so back Reading that Matt Bracken had recently predicted a mass casualty attack.. Pretty sure I remember reading he mentioned night clubs as a potential target.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
and of course the Mayor and Police Chief in NYC are stepping up police presence around gay clubs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I remember a week or so back Reading that Matt Bracken had recently predicted a mass casualty attack.. Pretty sure I remember reading he mentioned night clubs as a potential target.

View Quote

Did he go on to state it would be carried out by members of SFOD-D and backed up by the 82nd?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I 'identify' as an orthodox Christian, and while I can't honestly say I understand the whole 'gay' thing, I've never once desired to harm or impede a gay person. It's not my thing, but to each their own.

Genuine orthodox Christians may judge, but we arent about to deny another person their rights. Rather, we pray for them.

Orthodox Muslims....not so much.
At the risk of cashing in my account tonight I'll simply say that while I'm not advocating 'killing them all', a rational, intelligent man can't deny that Islam is concerning, and ought to demand vigilance among the so-called infidel.

As far as I'm concerned, it's time to pick sides. I side with America
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Strictly speaking, bullshit. Chicago PD* has been "somewhat" concerned about this for several years.

If CPD get it, everyone else gets it, too.

*largely envinced in circum-Wrigley Field shenanigans.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump has pointed this out. One candidate for POTUS gets it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did he go on to state it would be carried out by members of SFOD-D and backed up by the 82nd?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, jihadis.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Read the god damned Koran you assholes, they are open about what they believe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Really?

Churches/Christian gatherings, Synagogues/jewish hang outs,  and LGBT gatherings/hangouts would be pretty high on any jihadi list.

Bonus if they could get all of them in the same spot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope, jihadis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, jihadis.

How odd. The last time he posted here, he was all about the military getting ready to go to war with private citizens.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#21]
any one keeping up with whats going on in the world knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened again,unfortunately this may be the beginning of more ,hope and pray i am wrong
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
and of course the Mayor and Police Chief in NYC are stepping up police presence around gay clubs.
View Quote

I saw the one poor bastard in his helmet, plate carrier, etc. standing outside the Stonewall on the news today.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I saw the one poor bastard in his helmet, plate carrier, etc. standing outside the Stonewall on the news today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd pity the poor sap who went in under cover, personally.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#24]
This seems germane.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
that s insane. if trump wins he needs to bring Obama up on treason charges if even half of this stuff is accurate.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#27]
That's some mighty fine police work there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Strictly speaking, bullshit. Chicago PD* has been "somewhat" concerned about this for several years.

View Quote

I would hate to depend on CPD to do anything .
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The US has sucked at intelligence since Pearl Harbor . The NSA has every bit of intel on the terrorist and has had it since day one .
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

On Sunday, the East Orlando Post reported startling words from James Copenhaver, whom it described as a "veteran investigator and former Orlando law enforcement officer.” Said Copenhaver:

"Purge all federal government training materials of biased materials.”

"Implement a mandatory re-training program for FBI agents, U.S. Army officers, and all federal, state and local law enforcement who have been subjected to biased training.”

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
I thought this was common knowledge.  Just ask a Border Patrol Agent.  Or read any one of the numerous reports and gain insight about how this all works.  Did people think that "logic" didn't extend to every facet of every LE agency under DOJ?  Our current government is quite literally knee capping LE agencies, when they could have likely prevented acts like this.

When people say Obama is destroying this country, it's because he is, slowly, very slowly, but the long game takes time.  He has already swayed a generation of people into believing we shouldn't have secure borders-and those that do are racist bigots. We should openly embrace law breakers-illegal immigrants, and of course that we shouldn't jump to conclusions when a muslim attacks Americans-because again, if you don't you're a racist or bigot.  For Obama, it is our duty to change who we are to either accommodate them, or simply not further provoke them by speaking the truth.  Either way means curtailing the rights and likely more lives of Americans.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#31]
This is why nothing is islamic terrorism.

It just isn't in their vocabulary.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Read the god damned Koran you assholes, they are open about what they believe.
View Quote
They aren't allowed to read it.  That would be biased and unislamic.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I thought this was common knowledge.  Just ask a Border Patrol Agent.  Or read any one of the numerous reports and gain insight about how this all works.  Did people think that "logic" didn't extend to every facet of every LE agency under DOJ?  Our current government is quite literally knee capping LE agencies, when they could have likely prevented acts like this.

When people say Obama is destroying this country, it's because he is, slowly, very slowly, but the long game takes time.  He has already swayed a generation of people into believing we shouldn't have secure borders-and those that do are racist bigots. We should openly embrace law breakers-illegal immigrants, and of course that we shouldn't jump to conclusions when a muslim attacks Americans-because again, if you don't you're a racist or bigot.  For Obama, it is our duty to change who we are to either accommodate them, or simply not further provoke them by speaking the truth.  Either way means curtailing the rights and likely more lives of Americans.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On Sunday, the East Orlando Post reported startling words from James Copenhaver, whom it described as a "veteran investigator and former Orlando law enforcement officer.” Said Copenhaver:

"Purge all federal government training materials of biased materials.”
"Implement a mandatory re-training program for FBI agents, U.S. Army officers, and all federal, state and local law enforcement who have been subjected to biased training.”

That seems to be the end game, among other things make it as easy as possible for terrorists to plot, plan and carry out attacks on U.S soil then capitalize on it. The dead were still in the Orlando night club most had not even been identified yet and they were already using it as a platform  to curtail our rights in the form of gun control like they had it all scripted and rehearsed.

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before. Rahm Emanuel

Obama, his administration and the rest of his ilk have not only taken that statement to heart, they are literally creating an environment for such crisis to evolve.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do we keep calling terrorist attacks "mass causality attacks"?  It is playing into the lefts agenda.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I have no faith that our PC govt can or will protect Americans from terrorist attacks.

They are FAR more interested in disarming the American population then protecting them. [for their own good of course]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrigley-ville is a 2 for 1 bonus spot for a terrorist cell.  They could hit a sports bar and gay bar at the same time, only blocks from one another.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The US has sucked at intelligence since Pearl Harbor . The NSA has every bit of intel on the terrorist and has had it since day one .
View Quote

And you would know this how?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Veteran investigator and former Orlando law enforcement officer James Copenhaver is part of the problem.

Maybe now that he no longer works for Orlando "unnamed agency", he could dedicate his time to something more important that simply listening to the stated goals of a terrorist organization.

How about vigorously tracking down and prosecuting global warming deniers before they have a chance to do some real harm?

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Here in Orlando, I think all the terrorism scenarios LEOs worked under were focused on the theme parks and surrounding tourist areas, which are 15 miles south of Pulse.  I live 1.5 miles from Pulse and get coffee at the Dunkin next door all the time.  Sammich maker said she heard the ambulances driving by our house in the middle of the night.

I always assumed if there was an attack in Orlando, it would be at the parks/tourist areas.  I never in my wildest dreams suspected it would be at a night club on Orange Avenue in Sodo.  I'm sure the OPD never expecteed Pulse to be any kind of worry at all, since the night clubs they probably monitor are in the shadier parts of town.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#40]
The next attack is also going to be somewhere nobody ever thought about. We are on the defensive because we are always fighting the last war/attack. There are millions of soft targets in the US. If not guns; explosives or toxins will be used. Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

Could one or more CC license holders have prevented or stopped this attack? The knee-jerk reaction has been "less guns" when the correct response may be "more guns". The only real deterrent is IMMEDIATE action when a threat is presented.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#41]
They throw Gays off of roofs and they "never guessed"?

We sit around all the time talking about the soft targets and easy to get weapons they would, could, have, and will target/use but we never sent the feds a memo of our discussions. Nor would they care. An idiot could have seen this coming.

I gave these bastards to much credit. I thought they'd be intelligent enough to study history and conduct this war like a regular war by regular armies and air forces. For instance attacking one group of critical nodes which would cause us a big problem. For instance attacking only transportation nodes which would paralyze our economy. We are doing the same against them by targeting their leadership. We began to have success against the Germans by focusing on their fuel nodes....ect Its how we fight and win wars.

Attacking Gay bars is a horrible thing and yes easy to do but its not going to damage the nation as a whole. On the other hand these kind of attacks further divide us and may very well have the effect of disarming their enemy so its not like they dont have a plan at all. Myself personally were I them I'd conduct the war more as a strategic war against strategic targets. Luckily they are just savages and their successes are more due to our stupidity then their cageyness.

Look at Europe for pure pathetic'ness. They actually have numerous no go zones where Shariah Law rules and the Police cant even operate. And its not like any of this happened by accident ; The entire shit parade was allowed and even encouraged by these Liberal dumb ass Politicians and voters. Is this what we want for America? Because thats whats at stake in these elections. Hillary will Lie they way she needs to Lie to get the big seat but make no mistake she is a Liberal/Leftist to the bone. On the level of that moron running Germany.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I bet they will be surprised when one day they light up a Christian church.........
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I bet they will be surprised when one day they light up a Christian church.........
View Quote

Quite a few churches are aware of the possibility.  Quite a few are not as 'soft' as appearances may suggest.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#44]

So we need more hate crime laws that specifically protect homosexuals in all areas of their endeavors (better make it illegal to publish certain bible passages...recall all bibles and replace them with the new improved changes)...

And we'll be needin' more gun laws getting guns out of the hands of everyone except thosewho obtain theirs illegally or government entities....

We'll also need to open our borders even wiiiiiider...and provide even better & more transportation for illegals into Americas heartlands....perhaps
rail service might be more efficient...

That should pretty much cover the solutions area to the latest managed crisis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top