Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2016 8:02:51 AM EDT
“It is unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors. A year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity,” the students write in the petition.

The “Major English Poets” requirement for Yale English majors focuses on the work of poets Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Wordsworth, and T.S. Eliot. Despite this lineup lacking the diversity that the students desire, it’s an accurate reflection of the figures who have most influenced English poetry.

According to the students, the “Major English Poets” course “creates a culture that is especially hostile to students of color.”

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/09/yale-students-demand-removal-white-authors-curriculum/

To be a Liberal snowflake, first you must deny simple reality.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yet, they can't explain how it is "hostile" or how it affects them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
In "English". Degree in "English" means easy four year degree. Easy four year degree is racist. Make it easier to graduate. Because racism/ sexism. "English" has too many white patriarchal protestant cis-gendering, sex normative males in it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
As our (hopefully eventually) Mostly Benevolent Overlord RustedAce has said so many times, satire is impossible.

R.I.P. Satire.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Poetry classes?

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
So what's left, coloring books?  I saw The Jungle Book coloring book at WallyWorld yesterday, is that relevant?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Dear Media,
Stop giving these fuckwits attention.
-Cole2534

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I demand the removal of white mathematicians from college courses.  From now on, they are only permitted to teach black math.    #blackmathmatters

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what's left, coloring books?  I saw The Jungle Book coloring book at WallyWorld yesterday, is that relevant?
View Quote

Wow.  Y it gotta B da Jungle book tho?  U racst
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Fine.  Read the books by african americans and women.  Have fun not knowing the symbolism.  The only books i enjoyed reading by an author in thkse categories was harry potter.  The rest; white male austhors were easier to read.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hilariously you might be into something there.  I should comment before someone comes along to call your comment racist.

They want to focus on minority writers. For some reason they don't want to read books by the authors who shaped the philosophies that they are discussing.

Done properly an English degree is tough to get.  This stuff is a joke.

Edit: too late lol
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#12]
That's what they get for studying English Literature. English is an imperialistic mainsplaining language used to oppress PoC for centuries. They would have been better off with a more accepting language like Spanish.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

According to the students, the “Major English Poets” course “creates a culture that is especially hostile to students of color.”

View Quote

Major English Poets are fucking white.  If the course was Multicultural Poets and only had white people then that would be a valid complaint.  These 'tards are going to enter the workforce at some point ?    Stop the Planet I wanna get off
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#14]
So rejecting ALL white authors (or contributors to ANY other subject) isn't racist?

White authors have NOTHING relevant to contribute?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]
pretty sure shakespeare was queer, their "actively harms" argument is invalid & that's without pointing out the irony of their policy of exclusion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Ivy League, the best and brightest minds.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Poetry classes?

View Quote

John Milton is one of the white guys they are complaining about.  His "Paradise Lost" was the second most read book in America at the time of the American Revolution.  If they don't read Milton, they will miss out on some pretty high level thinking.  But I can see why the Liberal establishment is afraid of him:

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties."

And why they must eliminate him from the curriculum:

'The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past, in order to strengthen his character thereby."

There is much to be learned from white poets.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
“It is unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors. A year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity,” the students write in the petition.

The “Major English Poets” requirement for Yale English majors focuses on the work of poets Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Wordsworth, and T.S. Eliot. Despite this lineup lacking the diversity that the students desire, it’s an accurate reflection of the figures who have most influenced English poetry.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/09/yale-students-demand-removal-white-authors-curriculum/

View Quote

its just tards being tarded.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The main goal of this is to discourage reading.
If a white guy wrote it, it can't be true or accurate.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#20]
So, they are saying that black students are too stupid to understand Shakespeare?  How tolerant of them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#21]
They should insist every book be written in eubonics. Them white dudes didn't know nuttin 'bout the struggles of the oppressed no ways.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Rollin down the street in my '64, jockin da bitches - slappin da hoes...
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#24]
All societies are equal and we have always been at war with Eurasia.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I agree,white scientists,mathematicians,doctors and engineers should also be shunned.

Gambian poets will get people to Mars.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Can I use the term "queer folk" in everyday conversation now???  That's all I want to know...
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#27]
The problem is white poets talk like fags and their shit is all retarded.

The march continues.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I just love how competitive the Oppression Olympics have become. And every new perceived grievance is taken dead fucking serious. I'm willing to bet whoever decided to be offended by white male authors cannot discuss the matter without getting spitting mad.

It's comical. Don't take these people seriously, and stop giving them attention.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Liberals would want Social security from the age of 18 , cut out all that college and work
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As our (hopefully eventually) Mostly Benevolent Overlord RustedAce has said so many times, satire is impossible.

R.I.P. Satire.
View Quote

This person nailed it.  I am having a hard time believing anyone could be that freaking stupid.  I suspect this is just a stunt meant to satire all this reverse racism going around because they're tired of it too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

R.I.P. Satire.
View Quote

This person nailed it.  I am having a hard time believing anyone could be that freaking stupid.  I suspect this is just a stunt meant to satire all this reverse racism going around because they're tired of it too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Using their logic, wouldn't a degree in "African studies" also be racist?

Oh yeah, only white people are/can be racist.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

R.I.P. Satire.

I thought that at first, but then I remembered how fucked up the dumbasses on university campuses are these days, and I realized with horror just how likely it is that this is real.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Wordsworth, and T.S. Eliot
View Quote

Those poor kids have to study these hacks? Terrible.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Rollin down the street in my '64, jockin da bitches - slappin da hoes...
View Quote

Word to the motherfucker
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can I use the term "queer folk" in everyday conversation now???  That's all I want to know...
View Quote

Not if you're a cis-gender shitlord
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dear Media,
Stop giving these fuckwits attention.
-Cole2534

View Quote

This.  The only reason they are around is because the media keeps them around.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Demand all white people be removed from Yale's donor list and get back to me, SJW asshats.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Hell, I read just about everything that White Homosexual Truman Capote wrote before I dropped out of the fancy prep

school my Yale graduate father sent me to.

Do I deserve an award of some kind?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#42]
lol

Reap what you sow, Yale.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ivy League, the best and brightest most bigoted minds.

View Quote

The biggest bigot isn't some yokel in a trailer park.  It is someone who is "intelligent" and has managed to justify his own bigotry in terms that he finds more appealing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The main goal of this is to discourage reading.

If a white guy wrote it, it can't be true or accurate.

View Quote
You see how terrible and fucked up the world is now. Modern medicine. Modern travel. Modern communication. Modern conveniences like refrigeration and internet. If only the world had stayed in the 7th century we wouldn't be suffering all these indiginities of homophobia, transphobia, fatphobia, etc... Curse you Sobeiski!!!! Curse you John Locke!!! Curse you European culture. Curse you free trade. Curse you laissez-faire capitalism.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It's English literature for fuck's sake.

England is an island (actually Great Britain is the island but whatever) filled with pasty white people with bad teeth and poor taste in food (but excellent taste in beer).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"It is unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors. A year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity,” the students write in the petition.

The "Major English Poets” requirement for Yale English majors focuses on the work of poets Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, William Wordsworth, and T.S. Eliot. Despite this lineup lacking the diversity that the students desire, it’s an accurate reflection of the figures who have most influenced English poetry.

According to the students, the "Major English Poets” course "creates a culture that is especially hostile to students of color.”

It's English literature for fuck's sake.

England is an island (actually Great Britain is the island but whatever) filled with pasty white people with bad teeth and poor taste in food (but excellent taste in beer).
not anymore. See John Cleese comment about London.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#46]
These people don't know what they are doing.  They just think it's the "in" thing right now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I demand the removal of white mathematicians from college courses.  From now on, they are only permitted to teach black math.    #blackmathmatters

View Quote

Lesson 1.  
How to check the balance on your EBT.

a. put a bunch of steak and lobster on the checkout line.
b. swipe card
c card is approved (you have money) declined (you are out of money because "the man" be keeping you down)

pay for beer with money from stolen ebt card you sold to a homie
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Isn't their hero Marx a dead white guy?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Isn't their hero Marx and dead white guy?
View Quote

We are ALL EQUAL!
(some of us are more equal than others}
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Go ahead and eliminate the white guys and hopefully the school loses its accreditation.  Kick the students out of school for starters.  Where are these idiot students parents? They need a spanking.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top