Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 9:42:10 AM EDT
Now this is an interesting twist on MARPAT. Apparently, the Marine insignia is integrated right into the pattern...

[url]http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm[/url]

...A Marine was quoted in a recent article that the U.S. Marines insignia was pixilated into the MARPAT design which should stop any knockoffs of MARPAT....
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
That is what the big hoopla has been about all along.  The other services could easily remove the EGA from the pattern and insert their own if they would like.

I can guarantee that if the Army, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard had been the first to exploit the emblem angle, you would NEVER catch a Marine wearing NAVPAT / ARMPAT / AIRPAT /CGPAT or what ever they would choose to call it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
And here all of them have ripped off the Canadians from the get-go. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I think somebody's been smoking too many maple leaves. I don't see any EAG's or maple leaves in those patterns.

But then I've never been able to find those damn "hidden" pics in the weird posters, either.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But then I've never been able to find those damn "hidden" pics in the weird posters, either.
View Quote

[b] Look! It's a SCHOONER![/b]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
That guy's probably been staring at the pattern too long.

This is what I dug up on ebay:
[img]http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_e6e81b59d35b1bee65d53c548b632fa5/i-3.JPG[/img]

Haven't been able to spot the EGA in any other photos of the pattern, so I'm not sure if it's authentic. MARPAT wearers - is this what the
"embedded" EGA looks like? And are there, as claimed, 7 per square yard?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now this is an interesting twist on MARPAT. Apparently, the Marine insignia is integrated right into the pattern...
View Quote

[LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL][LOL]
HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I suppose you have to have enough contact buzz from CLP in order to see it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#8]
It's right there.

<---
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
The "embedded" EGAs are plainly visible if you look closely enough, like in mmx1's pic.

I believe the hyperstealth.com guy is out-to-lunch on this one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top