Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2016 5:31:10 PM EDT
Sheriff Clarke: Democrats 'decimated the black family'

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Sunday accused the Democratic Party of "bigotry" that has "decimated the black family."

Clarke, who has become a leading conservative black voice on gun rights and other issues, was responding to Hillary Clinton's charge Saturday evening that a Trump presidency would put "more kids at risk of violence and bigotry."

"If black kids are at risk from anybody, it's from other black kids in black-on-black crime," Clarke said. "The bigotry that she's talking about stems from her party that has decimated the black family.
View Quote

It started with the Great Society legislation's and here we are some fifty years later and most blacks are still clueless that they are voting for and supporting the party of slavers, that they themselves are slaves, tools, a means to an end, that they are willfully electing their own oppressors.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Still won't sign off on NFA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Decimated means killed one in ten.

Democrats did WAY worse than that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The Allen West of LEOs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Allen West of LEOs.
View Quote

How does Allen West feel about supressors, full auto, and short barreled rifles?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
VP
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How does Allen West feel about supressors, full auto, and short barreled rifles?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Allen West of LEOs.

you spelled "feelz" wrong.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really, *really* hate it when "decimate" is used interchangeably with "destroy."

It makes the speaker sound like an idiot and it does a disservice to the ingenuity of Roman military punishments.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow didn't expect that. Has he ever gave a reason? I have a democrat Sheriff that'll sign off on whatever you want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow didn't expect that. Has he ever gave a reason? I have a democrat Sheriff that'll sign off on whatever you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He only knows how to run his mouth.
He's a political hack spouting off platitudes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The Allen West of LEOs.
View Quote
He is registered as a dem. He ran his first campaign as a R but for re-election purposes only, he changed to D. I like his tough talk but he he wont sign off on NFA and many deputies dont like him. He has such a solid foundation as sheriff that no one tries to run against him as a R.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He is registered as a dem. He ran his first campaign as a R but for re-election purposes only, he changed to D. I like his tough talk but he he wont sign off on NFA and many deputies dont like him. He has such a solid foundation as sheriff that no one tries to run against him as a R.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Allen West of LEOs.

My cousin quit the MCSD and went to Greenfield because Clarke is a douche.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#13]
One of the only black leaders in the country that speaks the truth so let's hate on him for not signing nfa.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of the only black leaders in the country that speaks the truth so let's hate on him for not signing nfa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you happen to read the OP?

Clarke, who has become a leading conservative black voice on gun rights

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I really, *really* hate it when "decimate" is used interchangeably with "destroy."

It makes the speaker sound like an idiot and it does a disservice to the ingenuity of Roman military punishments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

dec·i·mate

'des i mat/

verb

verb: decimate; 3rd person present: decimates; past tense: decimated; past participle: decimated; gerund or present participle: decimating

1. 1.

kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of.

"the project would decimate the fragile wetland wilderness"

• drastically reduce the strength or effectiveness of (something).

"plant viruses that can decimate yields"

2. 2.

historical

kill one in every ten of (a group of soldiers or others) as a punishment for the whole group.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
He needs to get his head out of national spotlight and take care if f his community and workplace.  You know, his actual job.  If I was a tax payer, I'd be pissed with his actions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is registered as a dem. I personally prefer him over the milwaukee PD chief. The MPD chief is an active gun grabber.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some words have more than one meaning.  They're supposed to teach you that in grade school, but I guess not..
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He is registered as a dem. I personally prefer him over the milwaukee PD chief. The MPD chief is an active gun grabber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will absolutely agree to that!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's too bad. At least he's not the one chief in Milwaukee that got his BCM contract cancelled due to being a complete anti.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree, if he's so "pro-gun" then why won't he sign off on NFA?

Albeit, non issue in a couple more weeks
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't know him, but his statement is absolutely true.  

Democratic policies have destroyed just about every city in the US by creating generations of unproductive, dependent, and broken families with absolutely no motivation to do anything other than just sit around or participate in criminal activities.  And no one in the mainstream ever calls the Dems on this mess they created, lest they tempt the race card getting tossed.

Saw this piece after the Baltimore riots and thought it did a fairly decent job, but of course you wouldn't see this message in the mainstream media:

Baltimore Is a Democrat Problem, Not America’s Problem
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A historian,  I see.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Some words have more than one meaning.  They're supposed to teach you that in grade school, but I guess not..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Used in a sentence. Ana Cheri I would decimate that ass.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but this one doesn't.  It's a malapropism.  "Devastated" is the appropriate word.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

dec·i·mate
'des i mat/
verb
verb: decimate; 3rd person present: decimates; past tense: decimated; past participle: decimated; gerund or present participle: decimating
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    historical
    kill one in every ten of (a group of soldiers or others) as a punishment for the whole group.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dec·i·mate
'des i mat/
verb
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    historical

That first one is the "common usage" which got there by morons using it improperly. You see that notation by the second, accurate one that says "historical." That's there because that's what the word *actually meant BEFORE the morons of the world used it wrong so often the dictionary had to change the fucking meaning.

It's IN the fucking word. DECImate. To take 10 percent of.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That first one is the "common usage" which got there by morons using it improperly. You see that notation by the second, accurate one that says "historical." That's there because that's what the word *actually meant BEFORE the morons of the world used it wrong so often the dictionary had to change the fucking meaning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dec·i·mate
'des i mat/
verb
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    historical

Tu es iratus, Frater?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, but this one doesn't.  It's a malapropism.  "Devastated" is the appropriate word.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No it isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it isn't.

Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

FUCK HIM.  FUCK HIM TO DEATH.  Piece of shit if this is true.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes, it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it isn't.

Yes, it is.

noun: malapropism

the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect, as in, for example, “dance a flamingo ” (instead of flamenco ).

"Decimate" is only an example of semantic shift/drift, because its change is likely unrelated to its phonological proximity to "destroy". A malapropism is a specific form of semantic drift that follows only from a words that have similar sound, but largely unrelated definition.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is still a Democrat you know..

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dec·i·mate

'des i mat/

verb

1. 1.

historical

•  

Quoted: That first one is the "common usage"
    which got there by morons using it improperly. You see that notation by
    the second, accurate one that says "historical." That's there because
    that's what the word *actually meant BEFORE the morons of the world used
    it wrong so often the dictionary had to change the fucking meaning.

I studied Latin for two years; I'm familiar with the word origin and its historical context.
    You're still wrong.  It's a little too late to fight the good fight and get the word back to its original Roman meaning.  Google noted that definition as historical; dictionary.com goes as far to say it's obsolete.
    Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

ETA:  Something in your post decimated the ability for the website to quote you.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:11:52 PM EDT
    [#34]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Well fuck him w a rusty pipe

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:12:49 PM EDT
    [#35]
    So the "black family" has been reduced my 10%?  That is what the word means
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:14:02 PM EDT
    [#36]

Think before you decimate

So given that these two meanings of decimate appeared almost
    simultaneously, why are we so obsessed with assigning the punitive
    meaning to the word? A likely answer is that people are falling prey to
    what is known as the Etymological Fallacy, a tendency to
    believe that a word’s current meaning should be dictated by its roots.
    Unfortunately for the etymological purists, decimate comes from the Medieval Latin word decimatus, which means ‘to tithe’. The word was then assigned retrospectively to the Roman practice of punishing every tenth soldier.

View Quote

So, next time you attend a symposium (etymologically, drinking partner) with someone sinister (etymologically, left-handed), and they launch into a tirade about the misuse of this word, you’ll be able to decimate their argument in no time at all.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/09/does-decimate-mean-destroy-one-tenth/

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:16:45 PM EDT
    [#37]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Common usage, it can be used interchangeably. Not everything has to be used as it was literally hundreds or thousands of years ago. Sometimes words and expressions take on new meaning.
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:27:55 PM EDT
    [#38]
    Another great word definition

Back to the subject of the post perhaps?
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:36:22 PM EDT
    [#39]
    Quoted:

dec·i·mate
    'des i mat/
    verb
    1. 1.

2. 2.
      historical

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

dec·i·mate
    'des i mat/
    verb
    1. 1.

2. 2.
      historical

They also just added an alternate definition of "literally" - "figuratively."

Just because I understand what you mean when you misuse a word doesn't mean you are using it correctly.

Eta: assault rifle.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:56:20 PM EDT
    [#40]
    Quoted:

That's too bad. At least he's not the one chief in Milwaukee that got his BCM contract cancelled due to being a complete anti.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Flynn is a Masshole liberal.
    Paul did the right thing.
    Fuck that guy!
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:01:10 PM EDT
    [#41]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

You mad?
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:06:10 PM EDT
    [#42]
    Yeah, Clarke is about platitudes for sure, but at least he isn't Flynn, and let's be honest, platitudes from a black LEO on national networks in our favor ain't the worst thing in the world.

Fuck Flynn in the mouth.
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:18:15 PM EDT
    [#43]
    Quoted:

So, next time you attend a symposium (etymologically, drinking partner) with someone sinister (etymologically, left-handed), and they launch into a tirade about the misuse of this word, you’ll be able to decimate their argument in no time at all.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/09/does-decimate-mean-destroy-one-tenth/

View All Quotes
    Quoted:

Think before you decimate

So given that these two meanings of decimate appeared almost simultaneously, why are we so obsessed with assigning the punitive meaning to the word? A likely answer is that people are falling prey to what is known as the Etymological Fallacy, a tendency to believe that a word’s current meaning should be dictated by its roots. Unfortunately for the etymological purists, decimate comes from the Medieval Latin word decimatus, which means ‘to tithe’. The word was then assigned retrospectively to the Roman practice of punishing every tenth soldier.

Fair enough, I retract my gripe. Thank you for disabusing me of my ignorance.
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:31:01 PM EDT
    [#44]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Well, guess after July it doesn't matter any more.
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:31:41 PM EDT
    [#45]
    FPNI
    Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:34:51 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Quoted:

View Quote

It can mean both.  The definition/meaning of words can change over time.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:37:56 PM EDT
    [#47]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Is it a coincidence that the word "bromance" contains the word "roman"?

I think not. You tell 'em, White Knight of Rome!
    Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:13:44 AM EDT
    [#48]
    Destroyed, not decimated (killing one in ten).

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:16:11 AM EDT
    [#49]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

That's not the point.
    Don't be obtuse.
    Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:48:51 AM EDT
    [#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
    You obviously have not contributed enough money to his election campaign.

Arrow Left Previous Page
    Page / 2
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top