Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How about some Slipknot?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the indoor antenna on the floor hooked up to the Ham transmitter method. Overload those speakers baby! They turn that shit down REAL fast when they think smoke is coming out next!  hehehehe I'm glad those days are over. They never did figure it out. That was the downstairs neighbor.

Now the upstairs neighbor used to like having phone sex on her cordless, but that is another story... [;)]

Bob

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
AC/DC - Thuderstruck, that has some good base in it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Play that Blue song that just goes on and on Abo d abo die abo d abo die over and over again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Iggy & the Stooges - "Search and Destroy"
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe when you're done with the Yoko Ono, break out some Devo.  He'll probably think someone slipped him some bad weed, and never touch the stuff again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If you were into the 80's punk scene a song that fits you and your situation would be "flaskback" by ministry. Make sure you have the treble way up so he can hear the words. Another good f'ed up one would be "surfacing" by slipknot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Drowning Pool - Bodies

If you have any blanks, and a blank firing adapter.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What was the song they played in
Apololypse Now when the helecopters
were attacking.
I would imagine that Ride of the Valkyres
or whatever is was called would make a
heck of an impression at about 830 on ANY
morning you are hung over on.
Or just record and play the attack sequence
from the movie at full blast.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
If I were you, I'd lay my speakers faced down on the floor, Crank her as loud as she would go and blast some good ole RED NECK SHIT (uhhhmmm... no offense to my fellow rednecks) like David Allan Coe's......."NOTHING SACRED". Then follw it up with some thing like Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit".

After you let him soak that up give him the SABBATH,METALLICA,NAILS etc...

You gotta change it up on him so he don't get used to it and start feeling comfortable. You should hit a nerve eventually
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At one time it stood up a foot tall.
I wrestled back in these days. It was a riot seeing
me in the head gear with the hair standing through it.
I fought all the time back then, so no one gave me
much shit about it.
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
rap really does suck. but pot head, what's wrong with that? i know it's not legal, but it should be.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Now... I was too lazy to read through all the replies to this, so if this has already been suggested I'm sorry.

When I need to really make noise, I prefer "Milk" by S.O.D.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. If you really want to piss the neighbors off... See Manilow, Barry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
i have the answer:

"BRAINWASHED BY LSD (KILL THE HIPPIES)"

by the meatmean

"next time ya see one, cold cock 'em on the mellon-& tell 'em to get a life"
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Best piss off the nieghbors song I got.  Ghetto Neighbor by anybody killa
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I vote for some bluegrass, extra twangy would probably drive him nuts.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
If I were your neighbor, anything you played would piss me off, even if it was my favorite music, but that's just because I hate those shit awful Bose speakers.    

Laying my personal bias against that overpriced, underperforming junk for a minute, (though that's very hard for me to do, usually), I'd say that you don't want to convert your idiot pothead neighbor to good music, you just want to piss him off.

So burn a custom CD containing the following:

"Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees
"Disco Duck" by Rick Dees
"Short People", by Randy Newman
"It's a Small World" by...whoever...
Anything by Yanni
The Barney theme song.
The Teletubbies theme song.
Theme songs from Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and any other children's show that's particularly annoying.
Britney Spears' "oops, I shit my pants again" song.
The Macarena

Set to repeat.  Crank up,  and leave.

You've got to put up a really VICIOUS play list like this or it won't have the desired effect.

Which reminds me...if you have a really strong stomach....

[red]PLAY BARBARA STREISAND!!!!![/red][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke]

And if you're really lucky, your Bose speakers will roast, insurance will pay for them, and you'll be able to buy some speakers that are actually pretty good for a change.[nuts]

CJ
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And if you're really lucky, your Bose speakers will roast, insurance will pay for them, and you'll be able to buy some speakers that are actually pretty good for a change.[nuts]

CJ
View Quote

Such as?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Iron Butterfly:

In-a-gadda-da-vida.

Crank it up. The Bass riffs should bounce him off the bulkheads unless he installs seat belts in the Lazy boy and bolts it to the deck!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]
My tastes run to the gunfight sounds one. I'd make a mix of the gunfights in every movie I own and play them all in a loop. Maybe he'll think WWIII is breaking out.

Say, now that I think about it, has anyone ever tried making actual music with recorded gunshot sounds? You'd have different weapons in different calibers for the notes. Put 'em all together and it might sound interesting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#22]
for the next time! or just good music imho!

six feet under - war is coming(death metal)
clutch - binge and purge(for the last minute or so and the message contained)
crobar - like broken glass
diesel machine - disection
entombed - wolverine blues
hatebreed - we still fight, stuck mojo
korn - twist, dead bodies everwhere
napalm death - twist the knife
pro-pain - the truth hurts
sepultura - roots bloody roots
slipknot - new abortion
dope - die motherf***** die
Mclusky - lightsaber c***sucking blues
slayer - bloodline
denis leary - im an a**hole :D
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#23]
put all your speakers pointing to the floor and play this [url]http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/[/url] then get the hell out!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Find a CD by the Dropkick Murphys!
Punk rock WITH BAGPIPES!
The best thing is they do rock.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]
This may sound bizarre, but maybe you should pull up your skirt, walk downstairs, and ask your neighbor to decrease the stereo volume.

You could mention that the music is making you uncomfortable, and could reach an agreement with your neighbor about appropriate times to play loud music.  Your neighbor may not be aware of the fact that you are so upset, and it may be easier than you think to reach an agreement about what's appropriate.  Don't you encounter your neighbor in the building?  Have you missed every opportunity to remedy the situation?  Why haven't you tried to talk to the neighbor?

You're gonna drive yourself crazy, ilikelegs.

IMHO
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Just go downstairs to the buildings electrical service, find the main breaker to his apt and turn it off.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ
View Quote

Such as?
View Quote

What's your budget?   I can recommend something  that's really good in any price range from 500 bucks to 50,000.

If you're saddled with one of Bose's mini speaker acousticrap systems,  you'll cry the first time you hear a Gallo Acoustics system, which is the same concept but (a) cheaper to buy and (b) made with real, high quality components instead of cheap 2 inch paper cone speakers in a plastic box. It's a much more natural sounding system as well.

There are more brands to choose from in the entry level audiophile market than you can shake a stick at.  Virtually ANY of them offers a product that's superior to anything Bose makes, and many of their offerings are less expensive.  (But in the audiophile market, you can spend as much money as you can dream of, if you want to.)  

You probably have Sound Advice or other store in your area that caters to the upper end market.  Check them out.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I pissed off a neighbor once playing Tomita's version of Holtz's Mars.  At the beginning it sounds like a spaceship is taking off and the bass that comes out of the subwoofer causes vibration that you would not believe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Tomita?!?

I know what you're talking about.  I only have 'Snowflakes are Dancing' but would like to get his other releases.

Strange stuff!

CJ
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This may sound bizarre, but maybe you should pull up your skirt, walk downstairs, and ask your neighbor to decrease the stereo volume.

You could mention that the music is making you uncomfortable, and could reach an agreement with your neighbor about appropriate times to play loud music.  Your neighbor may not be aware of the fact that you are so upset, and it may be easier than you think to reach an agreement about what's appropriate.  Don't you encounter your neighbor in the building?  Have you missed every opportunity to remedy the situation?  Why haven't you tried to talk to the neighbor?

You're gonna drive yourself crazy, ilikelegs.

IMHO
View Quote

...Where is the fun in that?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#31]
something by David Allen Coe

or Barney, my kids got a Barney cd that will instantly make you want to put a shotgun in your mouth.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Give him Suicidal... Pledge Your Allegiance, Lovely, Go'n Breakdown. Blast that shit and it will convert him. If not suicidal, then give him the gift of Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche. That will cleanse him.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Genesis, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Disc 2, Track 2........"The Waiting Room"
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got this pot head that lives below me, plays that rap shit all the time.
I usually don't listen to my
stereo any more, but today, I hooked up my Bose
speakers, the kind that shake the whole fucken
place when cranked up. Right now, I'm playing
my speed metal. A little "Filter" for your Sunday
afternoon. Followed by some Marylin Manson,
Metallica, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails and maybe a
little Rob Zombie.

I have a huge collection.
Anyone have any requests ?
View Quote

Move and find better things to do with your life?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I saw this episode of Drew Carey where to piss off Drew, Mimi played Panama by Van Halen on repeat.

V
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#38]
it's so obvious...

[size=4][red]ABBA[/red][/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I herd of a guy that made cd just for that kind of thing... lawn mowers, babys crying, ect.. Wish I could remember the guys name. also got a catalogue of counter survelence and police suplys it had this thing that you hooked to a 9v battery and it would nausieate(sp) anyone within 20' or so can't remember that one either.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How about some [url=http://www.rammstein.de/]Rammstein[/url] ?  the older the better!  [}:D]
View Quote

Definitely!  Try "Du Haste!"

or you could try. dressing up in camo, running around the house a few times and then Cranking up some Wagner  [:D]
View Quote

Yeah, I could see that...

How about Beethoven's 5th or 6th symphonies?  Or just about any opera...  

Let us know what you select!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Anything by The Missing.

[url]http://www.themissing.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#42]
OR you could just go down the stairs and ask him nicely to turn to volume down....
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OR you could just go down the stairs and ask him nicely to turn to volume down....
View Quote

OR he could capitalize on this opportunity to have a little fun....

[;D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#44]
my brother-in-law is a sound engineer.
he says there's something called the "shit tones". a certain frequency that makes you void your bowels.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Pro-Pain. [headbang]
AB
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#46]
The cure in two words

Slim Whitman
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Nothing like Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker gospel music turned up full blast. Oh yeah, get a big subwoofer. If that fails go with Steve Perry and Journey. I had a guy upstairs that played Journey like your people below you and it drove me absolutley mad!

Finally got him moved out, then about 20 people moved into the one BR apt. Well at least it sounded like 20, sounded like pro wrestling matches every night after midnight. Called the cops and had the manager there every night for a week and they finally moved, well were found out, three people living there, tossed out.

Or you can Just go downstairs to the buildings electrical service, find the main breaker to his apt and wire it for 220. [beer]

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
my brother-in-law is a sound engineer.
he says there's something called the "shit tones". a certain frequency that makes you void your bowels.
View Quote

Yeah,  some subsonic frequencies.  Frequencies like 7, 11, 14, and 17 Hz.  

Just three problems:  Getting a source of those tones. (I assume you don't want to buy a signal generator for just this one job)
Getting enough power at subsonic frequencies to be useful. (A LOT of power is needed to make someone lose control of their bowels)
Getting a speaker that's good to go at these frequencies.  Most good home theatre subwoofers can't handle it that low.  They're usually limited to 20 Hz, and that's the GOOD ones.

Adding high output subsonic capability to a home sound system is a VERY expensive proposition.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys are clueless.  

Plan A:  

Get the greatest hits of BAGPIPE music.  Crank up the stereo to Warp 8, leave homeplate and go shooting for the day.  

Plan B:

There was a Lou Reed album from the 1970s called "Heavy Metal" that was comprised entirely of machine screeching sounds.  It was the only album I couldn't wait to mutilate.  Absolutely horrible.  It too, would likely have an adverse impact.

Plan C:

Any music from the  "Barney" childrens show.  If if works on Iraqi POWs, it should be successful for you.  I mean, how much of "I love you, you love me" could anyone take on a continuous repeat circuit.

Plans A/B/C all include going shooting for the day, or even night for you tactical types.
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.  If the guys are stoners then they will like all of the metal head banging stuff suggested.  What you have to find is something that the "average person" would find disgusting.

My roommate and I put in gospel music in his stereo and set it on a timer for 3am and to run for 15 minutes when the neighbors wouldn't keep there radio down after we told them that we work 3rd's.  After 3 nights they kept the music down.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh hey man, sorry about the loud music...I'll turn it down now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top