Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 7:53:50 PM EDT
Remember when growing up or when your kids were(or are still like mine) that special toy or blanket or something that went EVERYWHERE with them and you had to wait till they fell asleep to get it way from them to wash or clean or fix? They were so infatuated with it that even in sleep they wont turn it over easily...
Well, my family is a little different than the people next door.All 3 of us (me, wife ,and son) love to shoot both for fun, hunting and competition. The addition of a new gun is like adoption here...the gun is part of our family...lol.
Now, Brad and I have both been wanting an AR-15 in a Shorty configuration with collapsible stock, H-bar, and a red dot for Bradley. He and I have been saving our money from odd jobs, saving our lunch money and other things to make this come true. After 4 month of this we had the money to have our club gun guy build us one. We were supposed to pick it up on the next sunday match...but Brad just couldnt wait. He found out from another of my shooting buddies that they were going to Tim's shop to pick up some stuff. "Daddy! If he is at the shop, maybe he's finished with my gun!...PLEASE, can we go over there too!???"
So we make the 30 minute drive to his shop at 9pm friday night and after a short wait ,tim brought out Brads new AR with everything he (and I) wanted. And did it all at cost.(he likes Bradley's enthusiasim for the shooting sports). We got a Clot upper and lower w/ 16 " H-bar, compensator, Cheek rest, M-4 stock, scope mount, 2 thirty round mags and a twenty rounder for $745 dollars. He also showed Bradley how to fild strip it and clean it properly 3 time to make sure he had the hang of it. With all the chatting and story swappin we didn't get home till midnight.
We were ready to go to bed...except for Brad, he was too excited and hadn't turned loose of it since leaving Tim's shop. "please daddy, just a little longer?!" He finally tuckered out around 1am and we were able to get it away from him to get him to bed.... I thought you might enjoy this pic

[img]http://members.aol.com/glockaholic21/images/sweet%20dreams.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Now there's a boy who will tell you when his nap time is over!  

Nice pic, great kid.  Good job!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Great pic xwing. Congrats to both of you [beer]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Lucky kid and father!  Good luck with the gun and enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top