Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2016 1:33:13 AM EDT
Not a bad return considering the UFC was bought in 2001 for only $2 million.

At least four bidders are believed to have submitted bids for the organization, including WME/IMG, China Media Capital, The Blackstone Group and Dalian Wanda Group. The winning bid, should things proceed, is expected to be for a valuation between $3.5 billion and $4 billion, multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com.

Investment bank Goldman Sachs has been representing Zuffa LLC, which bought the UFC in 2001 for only $2 million. Sources with knowledge of the numbers presented to potential investors said that Goldman Sachs had represented UFC's last full year earnings in the $200 million to $250 million range, before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. A new television rights deal, which would begin in 2019, could add an additional $250 million in annual revenue to the bottom line, investors were advised.
View Quote

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15503004/ufc-owners-advanced-talks-sell-promotion

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The only change I want to see is that they drop the pre-fight shit talking and endless media hype.

That's my only complaint.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only change I want to see is that they drop the pre-fight shit talking and endless media hype.

View Quote

That'll never happen.

Gotta have the drama and coverage to draw attention and revenue
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That'll never happen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'll never happen.

Yup.

And I personally enjoy the pre-fight shit talking.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
They (Dana White) said the story is bullshit. Not the first time he denied something that came to pass. He has a minority stake 10%, Fertitta Bros each have 40%, and an Abu Dhabi media company owns a 10% stake.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Selling to China....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/take-a-look-at-the-ufcs-new-headquarters-in-las-vegas-through-artist-renderings

Lol, like its some major industry. I've been to the old HQ and thought it was kinda small time, but this seems a little optimistic, the fad is fading IMO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not surprised, motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/take-a-look-at-the-ufcs-new-headquarters-in-las-vegas-through-artist-renderings

Lol, like its some major industry. I've been to the old HQ and thought it was kinda small time, but this seems a little optimistic, the fad is fading IMO.
View Quote

They are coming off of a record year. How exactly is the fad fading? MMA will continue to grow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are coming off of a record year. How exactly is the fad fading? MMA will continue to grow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great you and other people love it. I lived in Vegas throughout the whole thing until last year. The hype isn't what it was there, over saturation and 30 second fights leave crowds disappointed. Maybe they are selling high and someone gets to hold the bag, maybe I'm wrong. Whatever,  who cares.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:10:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting... I just don't wanna pay $80 for a sport that one day is supposed to be 'bugger than the NFL '
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting... I just don't wanna pay $80 for a sport that one day is supposed to be 'bugger than the NFL '
View Quote

What are you paying $80 for?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol.

You read like this...

"I don't like UFC and the hype is almost done with, I think, possibly. I kind of don't know what I am talking about so who cares about UFC"

I have maybe watched three ufc fights in my whole life before you try labeling me as a Tapout/Monster energy drink fan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great you and other people love it. I lived in Vegas throughout the whole thing until last year. The hype isn't what it was there, over saturation and 30 second fights leave crowds disappointed. Maybe they are selling high and someone gets to hold the bag, maybe I'm wrong. Whatever,  who cares.

Lol.

You read like this...

"I don't like UFC and the hype is almost done with, I think, possibly. I kind of don't know what I am talking about so who cares about UFC"

I have maybe watched three ufc fights in my whole life before you try labeling me as a Tapout/Monster energy drink fan.

LOL yep. "stop liking what I don't like"
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol.

You read like this...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

You read like this...

You read like this....
"I live in Ohio......I love the ufc, it is the best thing since AC and heat, actually its better, because who needs that shit when you got the ufc".
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
ZW17 vs glorifiedG @ UFC 200

Get your tickets now!

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#18]
He read what I typed and interpreted it his way, and I did the same thing, see how that works? He could have said "I think you're wrong", but instead he kind of threw an insult in there. Enjoy ufc 123557789, be there or be square.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Should have sold it when people still watched that crap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#20]
EBIT discounted at 6%, if constant in perpetuity. Interesting.

Wonder what the expected growth is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:49:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Well it if happens the Gracie Family is going to be killing kittens in rage. The likelihood of happening..... well just about every other league that is similar has failed.....so....nope.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:52:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Give them blunt weapons.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:56:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh, well. There is always Worl'Stahr!

Quoted:
Give them blunt weapons.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's quite bugger.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:06:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MMA will likely continue to grow, but the UFC itself has some problems that aren't going away and could allow a well funded and organized group to overtake them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

MMA will likely continue to grow, but the UFC itself has some problems that aren't going away and could allow a well funded and organized group to overtake them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Freedom Group can throw in & save it the way they did Remmy & BM.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ZW17 vs glorifiedG @ UFC 200

Get your tickets now!

View Quote

Gold members brawl.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Dana White is Jihadi-sympathising, Harry Reid-supporting, American Military-scapegoating piece of shit.

I was an ardent UFC fan until I realized the above.  Haven't watch, nor had an interest since He and Chuck Liddell literally appeared on the campaign stage with Harry Reid, to endorse him after Reid boasted "the surge has failed, the war is lost".
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Dana White
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Should have sold it when people still watched that crap.
View Quote

I think it's safe to say people are still watching it.

source:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/20/9547333/what-deutsche-bank-moodys-and-standard-poors-tell-us-about-the-ufc

And 2015 was the UFC's best year ever with $600 million in revenue.

They are currently broadcasting and hosting events on five continents.

Beyond the UFC, there are numerous smaller promotions putting on an increasing number of amateur and professional fights throughout the US.  

Youtube hosts tons of MMA focused videos, a lot of them with millions of hits.

The popularity of MMA/BJJ has reached the point that there are franchises of schools throughout the world. And an untold number of smaller gyms opening up all over. From huge metropolitan areas to little towns of a few thousand people.

MMA has grown over the past 20 years and continues to do so.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dana White is Jihadi-sympathising, Harry Reid-supporting, American Military-scapegoating piece of shit.

I was an ardent UFC fan until I realized the above.  Haven't watch, nor had an interest since He and Chuck Liddell literally appeared on the campaign stage with Harry Reid, to endorse him after Reid boasted "the surge has failed, the war is lost".
View Quote

I didn't know this!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The UFC monopoly has been begging to be broken forever. That's the only Achilles heel Insee.mnot sure what it would look like, but they've got a tighter grip on the sport than Don King ever had on boxing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.

After Nate Diaz beat Conor McGregor, he looked into the camera and said that.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#36]
The problem the UFC has is that there arent that many stars like in the beginning.  They get one or two people and hype them up to no end (Rousey, McGreggor) and when they lose it's a complete panic.  Dana White has no recourse other than to keep on hyping the person who lost.  Rousey is an extreme example Joe Rogan who is BFF with Dana used his show to constantly hype Rousey like she was the second coming.  When she got destroyed their whole world crumbled.  Same with Connor they hype certain people and when those people get exposed it's panic mode for UFC.

Their talent roster isn't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Record it and watch later so you can FF over the BS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The problem the UFC has is that there arent that many stars like in the beginning.  They get one or two people and hype them up to no end (Rousey, McGreggor) and when they lose it's a complete panic.  Dana White has no recourse other than to keep on hyping the person who lost.  Rousey is an extreme example Joe Rogan who is BFF with Dana used his show to constantly hype Rousey like she was the second coming.  When she got destroyed their whole world crumbled.  Same with Connor they hype certain people and when those people get exposed it's panic mode for UFC.

Their talent roster isn't what it used to be.
View Quote

I don't think it is the talent.  The Chuck Liddell's, Rich Franklin's and Tito Ortiz's of yesteryear would likely not ever gain, and certainly would not hold, a belt in today's UFC.  That said with the expansion of the roster, the numbers of fights and fighters, it is hard for anyone to gain name recognition without a) serious showman / promotion skills (see Chael Sonnen, Connor McGregor) and/or b) serious media hype from the UFC (see Rhonda Rousey).
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe if Dana would bring back real champions like Tim Sylvia he wouldn't be in a jam like this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

4 billion dollars?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how I'm seeing it too.  Most of my friends that were into it big time 5 years ago don't really care anymore.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Sell while you are on top.  It will be about 10 years??  The first brain damage lawsuits will start coming in.  The have nots of UFC will start having issues with no money for medical bills.  

I have been an MMA fan, but have thought this was inevitable for a long time.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Maybe if Dana would bring back real champions like Tim Sylvia he wouldn't be in a jam like this.
View Quote
I am going with humor post here?

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have hot naked girls hold up number signs in between rounds.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm not a UFC "fan" but admire how the brand went from underground to household name and billion dollar industry in such a short period of time. (relative)
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Having followed the UFC since it was a no weightclass shit fest through today, I'm impressed.

Say what you will about Dana White, or how you're so over it now, whatever your beef is, it's gone from a dirty shitshow few would admit watching to a prime time, national network, household name, entertainment sport.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#47]
lol, It's on it's downward spiral.

At least I can say I "rolled with" and "spared with" some of the legends in the sport.

Just had sinus surgery......thanks in large part to two UFC fighters

(I wasn't as fast or as good as them)
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

At least I can say I "rolled with" and "spared with" some of the legends in the sport.

View Quote

Oh, so THAT's why it's always SEAL vs UFC fighter threads and never Ranger vs UFC fighter threads
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh, so THAT's why it's always SEAL vs UFC fighter threads and never Ranger vs UFC fighter threads
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, ain't ashamed.

Actually, my proudest moment was calling my buddy on the way home from the gym one night......"DUDE!!!!! Guess who I submitted tonight!!!????!!!!"

Yeah, I wear that like a badge of honor.  It's the same guy who knocked the wind out of me and broke my nose.....but one night in Gi class I choked the shit out of him!!!!

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top