Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2016 9:34:02 AM EDT
AFIB ablation two weeks ago. Heart feels great now. Actually feel better than I have in a long time. Doc put me on xarelto blood thinner. Now bright blood in the bowl
when in go to the bathroom. Doc wants me to go to the ER for tests. WTF? I know it is a well known side effect of the xarelto. Been on daily aspirin for years no problem. Now I am scared
to go off of the xarelto for possible clots and stroke, but thinking of going back to the hospital ,
fsa  ER, makes me want to puke.
Can I quit the xarelto and go back to aspririn? Help me ARFDOCs..

UPDATE
8 frickin hours in the ER. Finally 15 mins with a doc. Told to quit the xarelto and go home. He had small fingers. Blood work ok. Follow up with cardiologist an maybe a GI doc. If more blood come back.
FSA population in a Tyler hospital is incredible. Can't imagine what a Dallas hospital would be like.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the hospital.......it could be hemroids, or it could be MUCH more serious.

Or

You could just die.

How's your life insurance?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to the hospital immediately.

Don't switch meds on your own.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Bright blood may just be hemorrhoids, but better safe than sorry. A Gastroenterologist is probably in your future.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the damn ER dude.
One of my best buds started bleeding out the rear, it killed him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
To hell with what the doctor tells you! Screw him and his fancy book smarts    Just rub some dirt on it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
ER, now.  A relative of mine started bleeding that way (hers was from Chemo meds) and she died a few hours later - bled to death.  Intestinal bleeding is not to be trifled with.  Please.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bright blood may just be hemorrhoids
, but better safe than sorry. A Gastroenterologist is probably in your future.
View Quote
this.

The brighter the blood, the origin is closer to the exit of the GI tract.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#9]
In before pics of wounded starfish?

Go to the ER dude, I don't think the poop chute is part of the circulatory system.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Preview of coming Xarelto attractions: Those little pimple-like hair follicles on your balls? Wait'll one of those hairs gets pulled out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
ER. Now.

Blood in the toilet, rather than just on the paper usually indicates more than just a hemorrhoid. Probably a lower GI bleed. Not to be fooled with, especially being on blood thinners...

ETA Hopefully the ER doc has small fingers...
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I see a switch to Eliquis in your future.  Been on it for a couple of years without problems.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Well hell, you all are probably right. I just got better thing to do today than sit it that dang hospital. I mean it is not dipping out, just when i poop. I just feel like they put you on something that they know has issues to get you back up there for more money.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Go to the ER now.

I am an ER nurse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well hell, you all are probably right. I just got better thing to do today than sit it that dang hospital. I mean it is not dipping out, just when i poop. I just feel like they put you on something that they know has issues to get you back up there for more money.
View Quote

Death is always an option. If you don't like the idea of death then go to the ER.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

whats better than to continue to live??

probably just roids or something simple,butt better safe than dead or having to wear a bag.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Is that worse than an erection lasting longer than four hours?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Like gamble with your health? Exciting! May the gods of luck be with you!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#21]
lay off the gay sex for a while and let it heal up
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't be ignorant. You may die if you don't get this treated.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#23]
GI bleeds are a killer, better go.  They'll do some labs and look at your HH and depending on level give you some blood and adjust your meds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#24]
ER now , and dibs on guns and ammo
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been on aspirin for a few years and get BRB from my asshole a couple of times a month.

Had the ass-camera check things out and they didn't find anything.

Doc just says "don't push so hard".

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
this.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bright blood may just be hemorrhoids, but better safe than sorry. A Gastroenterologist is probably in your future.
this.  

Not always true.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#27]
If your afib is fixed, why are you on blood thinner?

TC
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Bloody poop thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Dibs on all tax stamped stuff.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not always true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
this.  

Not always true.

And when not, you in some serious trouble.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Go to the hospital immediately.

Don't switch meds on your own.

View Quote

Or come post in GD.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Here's what to consider:

Hemorrhoids - Bright red blood on paper and/or on turds in the bowl.  Usually self-limiting.  Keep your balloon knot clean and don't bear down as it makes them bigger and more in the way of the brown train comin' through.  Hope that you don't get an abscess.

Ulcer - These can be in the colon, small bowel, or stomach.  Usually the bleeding presents as dark and stinky and frequent.  If these produce brighter or redder blood, you got one heck of a bleeding ulcer and should get transfused before you collapse and die.

Polyps - These things can bleed too.  Usually not to bad, but see note for Ulcer above.  These can become cancer.  Often these are burned away during colonoscopy.

Colon Cancer - This is often discovered with new onset of blood in stool.  Many times a change in bowel habits that might or might not go ignored, will give advanced clues of its development.  Also, unexplained weight loss is predictive of a developing cancer.  The bleeding from colon cancer can be anything from needing a tourniquet to very slight to unnoticeable.  Frequently, the only clue is a low blood count.  This is what you hope not to have, and that if you do, that you catch it early.

Anal condeloma - Not cancer.  Can be burned off.  Recommend stop with the butt secs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is that worse than an erection lasting longer than four hours?
View Quote

If I had an erection lasting more than 4 hours, the last place I'd be is in the ER.

I'd be in my front yard, putting up a sign on a full sheet of plywood.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this.  

... Or a larger bleed higher up
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lay off the gay sex for a while and let it heal up
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Updated original post
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
ER now , and dibs on guns and ammo
View Quote

Damn I'm always too late.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top