Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 8:52:41 PM EDT
My girlfreind has a 1998 Jeep CHerokee and the brakes are surgeing pretty good. Im gonna replace the pads and turn the rotors on friday. My question is, o the front disk brakes have sealed bearings? Do i have to mess with that when I pull the rotors? I hate messing with that, and I want to plan out how long I need to put aside for the day. IF I dont have to mess with bearings Ill have time to head to the range and bitch slap one of my managers who thinks hes hot shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:04:37 PM EDT
I asked my husband and he has no clue we also have a jeep. I would reccomend going to www.ilovejeeps.com this has been very helpful for us!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:48:33 AM EDT
Your bearings are pressed in. The rotors and pads are "hang and bang." One hour max for the average shade-tree. Jeep rotors are made of composite metals that are susceptible to warping (two different metals that heat and cool at a different rate) which gives that "pulsing" feel to the pedal. Composite rotors are not easy to turn on a lathe even if they are within the manufacturer's discard specification. I generally recommend replacing them with aftermarket solid-vented type rotors. The cost is neglible considering your pulsing pedal will return soon after you turn your composite rotors. Panzer Out
Top Top