Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2016 2:10:39 PM EDT
Our governor vetoed a campus carry bill yesterday.

This happened the same day.  Too bad the kid wasn't armed.

Hope the stabber decides to hang himself like the retard in PA a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The campus carry bill wouldnt have helped that kid. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Sort of same thing at UT in Austin. Homeless killed killed a girl. And all the idiot students at UT voted down campus carry because the campus cops are there to protect them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Other thread about your campus carry...somebody was like..."he will vote for it"...he is pro-gun.

Then he does this....fuck that guy
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I work on a college campus.  We will be the last bastion of the unarmed.    Campus carry isn't even on the radar.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
We can't carry on the campus where I work.  We had an active shooter training session and I asked the campus police officer if we will ever have campus carry and what to do until we get it.

His response was, "well, concealed means concealed."
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Did they not have the votes to override his veto?  Or did the session time when out where they were not able to try and override it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work on a college campus.  We will be the last bastion of the unarmed.    Campus carry isn't even on the radar.
View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We can't carry on the campus where I work.  We had an active shooter training session and I asked the campus police officer if we will ever have campus carry and what to do until we get it.

His response was, "well, concealed means concealed."
View Quote

*walter white gif. * You're god damn right
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
College kids with guns isn't the saviors most pro-2Aers think.

Most have only been to a range and shot at a paper target.  They have little to mostly ZERO force on force training, escalation, or de-escalation.  Many think that they are "big man with a gun" and can solve the problem.

Several years ago two college kids were drinking.  They were arguing over which Ernest Hemingway novel was the greatest masterpiece.  One went to his room, got his .45, and blew half the kid's face across the room.  Luckily the victim lived.  Can't make this shit up.

But if you think the mentally ill, immature, lacking in life experience college kids are going to function well under stress and stop situations, you're grossly mistaken.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"well, concealed means concealed."
View Quote

There's more than a few employees on my campus I see with a backpack they always carry but never put anything in or take anything out of it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Most have only been to a range and shot at a paper target.  They have little to mostly ZERO force on force training, escalation, or de-escalation.  Many think that they are "big man with a gun" and can solve the problem.

Several years ago two college kids were drinking.  They were arguing over which Ernest Hemingway novel was the greatest masterpiece.  One went to his room, got his .45, and blew half the kid's face across the room.  Luckily the victim lived.  Can't make this shit up.

But if you think the mentally ill, immature, lacking in life experience college kids are going to function well under stress and stop situations, you're grossly mistaken.
View Quote

I'm not concerned with students carrying on campus.  I'm concerned with MY ability to carry on campus to protect MYSELF as an employee.

You do have a point, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sort of same thing at UT in Austin. Homeless killed killed a girl. And all the idiot students at UT voted down campus carry because the campus cops are there to protect them.
View Quote
They need to read this: http://www.amazon.com/Dial-911-Die-Garn-Turner/dp/0964230445/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462389664&sr=8-1&keywords=dial+911+and+die

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK, Uncle Walter...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every single one of those arguments applies to the population as a whole.  It also applies to our other rights, such as freedom of speech, etc.

The fact that some people, even *most* people, can't excercise their rights in a responsible manner is not sufficient reason to abridge the rights of all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That story is a non sequitur if I've ever seen one.

I know some black people who shot each other. Should we ban guns for an entire race. Based off my story, they (as a race) are:
mentally ill, immature, lacking in life experience

There was also a marine who got drunk and shot himself at a party a few years back. Better keep those:
mentally ill, immature, lacking in life experience
....new marine recruits away from guns.

After all gun control was started to keep certain folks from having guns in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are 21 year olds that have a carry permit. Why should they lose their second amendment rights just because they step onto campus. The law also stated they could not carry at sporting events, dorms or frat houses because that is where the drinking happens.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You think kids are the only ones who go to college?
I'm 45 and still take classes from time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think kids are the only ones who go to college?
I'm 45 and still take classes from time to time.

My wife is a former police officer and is now a personal trainer. She has clients at GA Tech and uses the gym there to train them. There are nights she is walking across campus after 9 pm, but she can't carry legally. FUCK YOU GOV DEAL!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Last year? there were a couple of campers in adjacent sites in a campground in CA that got into a drunken shootout.  Both drunken retards were LA County Deputies.  Stupid can crop up anywhere, trained, untrained, mature, immature, life experience of otherwise.  It's no reason to deprive entire groups of effective self-defense tools.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Most have only been to a range and shot at a paper target.  They have little to mostly ZERO force on force training, escalation, or de-escalation. Many think that they are "big man with a gun" and can solve the problem.

View Quote

That shit in red can be said about 95%+ of the people in any given CCW class regardless of age.

That shit in blue applies to a lot of gun owners regardless of age.  There have been a couple of examples in the past few weeks where middle-aged CCWers veered out of their lane and got in deep shit or dead for their trouble.

I work as LE on a college campus.  I deal with a lot of students, and see a lot of what you mentioned re: immaturity, mental illness, etc.  Many aren't old enough to carry, and don't have permits anyway, so they don't really have any place in the discussion.  We're talking about adults, exercising their right to carry and effectively defend themselves, while at work or school.

I was a SCCC member when I was a student, and I still support this kind of legislation now.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#22]
As far as I know that hribal kid from FR in murrysville is still alive and I could find no report about an attempted suicide.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a gun of some sort in my apartment for most of my college career, and got into TONS of drunken debates with my even drunker roommate.  Neither of us ever shot the other, guess we were doin it wrong.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
And campus carry enabled this crime?
Campus carry isn't really about college kids, it is about carry permit holders, being able to carry on campus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

All you proved in that post was that the no guns on campus law doesn't work.
You also used the argument that liberals make when painting ccw'ers as a whole.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As far as I know that hribal kid from FR in murrysville is still alive and I could find no report about an attempted suicide.
View Quote

He's dead
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He's dead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's dead

Different stabber then.  Never heard of the guy in erie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
There is a big thread about it in Team.  The dead goblin broke into a arfcomer's neighbor's house and beat the lady to death.  another neighbor and her husband tried to fend him off, and the neighbor plugged him twice.  the bad guy ran off, but was caught in the arfcomer's yard.

He hung himself a few days later.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not all college students are kids or lacking in experience.
One would need a concealed permit or carry freely already for this to even apply.
Its the best chance, a lot better than leaving everyone defenseless

Two drunk students argued and one shot the other... in class on campus?
But murder is illegal... He killed the unarmed guy ..

Nothing is stopping these schools from setting a standard for or offering training to include similar scenarios or force on force or even having some sort of Air Marshall type program among the student body or any other pro active alternative to a helpless target rich environment.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yea, college is the only place these people you're bitching about might ever possibly go armed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Where's BLM on this one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top