Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 10:12:15 PM EDT
Looking for reasonably priced 15rnd mags for my wife's P95 that are reliable.  I've seen plenty of no name mags ranging from $10 up.  I've been down the no name aftermarket jamomatics path.  Factory mags would be nice, but I've yet to see any for a reasonable price.  Anyone have experience with Mech Gear mags, there is a place locally selling them NIW for $40 a piece.  Seems a little steep, but not compared to the NIW factory.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it wasn't Mec-Gar?
If it was they are good mags, they make factory mags for several manufacturers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mec-Gar is worldest largest OEM of magazines.

I can also recommend Pro-Mag, I don't have a P85, but they work well in Baretta, Sig228, and CZ75. What I would do is buy one, and take it out to the range and blast the heck out it, and if you're satisfied get some more, or get a refund.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a new factory 15rd mag for a 9mm P89. Not sure if it fits your model though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I think it was Mec-Gar.

I'm pretty sure that all the ruger P series mags in 9mm are interchangable.

If I could just find some at a decent price...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Mec-Gar is top quality, and the price isn't too bad for pre-bans... you'd probably pay the same online after shipping.  Go for it!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Found some Ramlines for $10 and some Promags for $20 apiece.  Are these worth messing with?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Found some Ramlines for $10 and some Promags for $20 apiece.  Are these worth messing with?
View Quote
I haven't seen a Ramline that fed properly, but I have had good results with the ProMags.
Have you checked "Cheaper Than Dirt" they had some PMI 17 rounders that are supposed to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've got a new factory 15rd mag for a 9mm P89. Not sure if it fits your model though.
View Quote
It will.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Mec-Gar is worldest largest OEM of magazines.

I can also recommend Pro-Mag, I don't have a P85, but they work well in Baretta, Sig228, and CZ75. What I would do is buy one, and take it out to the range and blast the heck out it, and if you're satisfied get some more, or get a refund.
View Quote
He has a P95, not a P85.  Everything I have ever tried ProMags in was a miserable flop, including Rugers and Sigs and I will never buy another ProMag and I would recommend strongly against them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, think I'm going to try the cheaper than dirt PMIs...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't seen a Ramline that fed properly, but I have had good results with the ProMags.
Have you checked "Cheaper Than Dirt" they had some PMI 17 rounders that are supposed to be pretty good.
View Quote

Well, personally for me I didn't have any problems with Ramlines. The Ramline mags have a flat-type spring rather than a coil, so they can hold 2 more rounds than the factory mags. I have used Ramline Baretta 92, & Browning P35 High-power,  and didn't have any problems with them. These mags were bought back around 1992. I don't know if they are still being manufactured in sine the '94 AWB though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]
My Ramlines have worked well for years. Thats a good price.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Promags have been fine in my FEG hi-power clone, but some 147 grn. loads won't fit in them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top