Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 7:42:52 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/910265/posts[/url]
even nastier than the last one...and hopefully easier to kill....
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The letters I sent out to congressmen recently pleaded for the recipients to not support this exact bill.

No free American capable of thinking rationally would ever sign their name to such utter and complete bullshit legislation.

I just hope enough people wake up and realize that if things like this continue to happen, America will NOT remain free unless taken back by force.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks divdoc.
Them Mutha Fukas!
All those manufactures should file a class action lible suit against the sponser of this bill!
Kev
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]

My favorite part:

"...a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."
View Quote

CLASSIC Liberal Logic.

Just because a gun is suitable for sporting purposes doesn't mean that it's suitable for sporting purposes.

Up is down. Down is up. [whacko]

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
PISTOL GRIP- [red]The term `pistol grip' means[/red] a grip, a thumbhole stock, or [red]any[/red] other [red]characteristic that can function as a grip.[/red]
View Quote

In other words:
The term `pistol grip' means any characteristic that can function as a grip.
View Quote

Did anyone else catch that? Wouldn't that make [b][i]ALL[/i][/b] semiautomatic rifles illegal?! Doesn't every rifle stock "function as a grip[?]"
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the Republicans will be picking up a few more seats next year.  What kind of idiot would actually put their name on a bill like this?  Oh geeez!  Somebody had to actually elect these boneheads!  OK- which states have people who are inbreeding??  Knock it off!  The rest of us are trying to live a decent life in this country!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like ruger is being made to bend over and take it in this bill, saw the mini-14 on the list. hmmmmmm. I know polis can be dumb idiodic and well a whole host of other things at any given time but man this is just...........
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The more extreme the bill, the better.
I hope they keep adding more crap like that to it.

Make a little more extreme, DO NOT let any "moderates" water it down or weaken it.
Bring it to the floor for a vote.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
good link, thx

I liked this guys remark,

"This is discouraging. I had just become used to being called a vigilante and militia member. Now I apparently need to work mercenary, gun runner, arms merchant and felon into the resume."
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Lose the doom and gloom, guys.

The more extreme the bill, the less likely it is that it will pass.
The worst case would be for them to just vote to make the 1994 permanent.
We should be grateful to the dems for making it too extreme to pass.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
They are banning trying to ban the Tavor and we can't even get it yet. That makes me sad [:(]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is what to watch out for:

This bill will fail.

-Demoncraps will "compromise" and look towards being "nonpartisan".

-They will look to the support of "compassionate conservatism".

-They will ask House repubs to "Support the prez".

After it fails, they will "compromise" and introduce the SENATE's VERSION of the bill.

They can THEN say, "Hey, WE compromised, NOW you guys, pass this one!"

The liberal media will use this as a "Repubs don't want to reach across to the other side of the aisle.."

DO NOT BE FOOLED!!! WRITE LETTERS! EXPRESS TO YOUR REPS THAT ANY AW BAN IS BAD, AND THAT COMPROMISE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
And I thought that the Mini-14 was ok in Kali-f-orina.

I love this quote: "Military-style assault weapons simply have no place on America's streets,'' said Feinstein, a Democrat and staunch gun-control advocate."

The funny part is that you will never see as many assault weapon here as you would in Switzerland....Every able body male must serve in the military, Every person in the militart must keep and maintain his weapon. It was a site to see all the guys on the their way to and from the drills/training at the train stations.

These gungrabers need to get real, it is not the gun that is the problem but the person/s that are not right. what is next outlaw cars/bats/hammers/drills/and any thing else that can cause some harm??

I am turning my rant off

Badredfish [devil]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Havent these people read the second amendment. Technically ANY ban a guns is unconstitional INCLUDING the '86 machine gun ban. For it to be constituional it has to provide some recourse for people to purchase them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Ugh, reading that $hit made me feel sick.

We can only hope somthing so extreme won't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I think that the only thing that will really make the gun-grabbers just shut up is $hit like in Israel with people just walking into malls and opening fire (There, Within a short amount of time of that becoming common, most civilians were armed, and there was mandatory weapons posession [ie: per household]).

I guess some tragedy will only cause these poeple to stop.
Or maybe them just going too far and seeing the new american revolution-
who knows, once guns are outlawed, perhaps there will be mass excecution of suspect revolutionaries (Similar to Stalin's purges).

Edit: By the way, This smearing of feces on paper (Anti-gun legislation) will probably not even see the option to be voted upon, and if it does, it will be thrown out accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
[size=4][b](iv) a forward grip;<-------[/b][/size=4] [size=4][red]This is going to lead to this [img]http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/755827/1858238/25302814.jpg[/img] [size=5][red]&[/red]------->[img]http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/755827/1858238/25302802.jpg[/img]

[size=5][red]These idiots are going to cause people like you and I to don our vests and rock and roll some day[/red][/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't like Ruger, but, maybe it's time to go down to the local Wal-Mart and buy a Mini-14. I imagine it would make 'em pretty mad if we literally [i]flooded[/i] the market with guns before they had their chance to restrict them. Unfortunately, I can't afford to do that with ARs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top