Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And yet he didn't see his troubled son was going to shish kabob him!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Han just has years of experience smuggling. He can't see the future. Even he gets boarded sometimes.

And yet he routinely pulls off impossible moves, like navigating an asteroid field despite the odds being 3,720 to 1, or diving in to the death star trench without being blasted by turbolasers, or attaching the Falcon to the back of a star destroyer without being spotted by the crew.

As if he's playing with weighted dice.  

The force doesn't show everything...if it did...the Jedi wouldn't have been killed by a bunch of clones...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Relax Grampa, and eat your applesauce.  Mattock will be on soon.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what a bunch of DORKS you all are..

it's a FUCKING MOVIE..

this level of "discussion" reminds me of the idiot a month ago that was depressed because in the Star Trek series they had not yet moved outside of our own galaxy "with all their technology"...

FFS.. put the gaming consoles in the goddamn trashcan and find a job.

Relax Grampa, and eat your applesauce.  Mattock will be on soon.  

that colonel sanders wanna-be can get bent!  We watch Perry Mason around these parts  *grumble gumble* [indistinct yelling at clouds]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
S nope also said something about Luke turing. Did he go to the dark side?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the Jedi were forbidden to love or have relationships and were supposed to be celibate, how did that work? Unless they were all stepping out, that is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all about Rey Kenobi.

Kenobi eh? Is that official?
I sure hope Rey is related to Obi-Wan somehow.

If the Jedi were forbidden to love or have relationships and were supposed to be celibate, how did that work? Unless they were all stepping out, that is.

Which is one of the major (of a legion of) plot holes in the Prequels.
Think about it, if the Force is a genetic trait that is passed down from generation to generation, and some families like the Skywalkers are extremely powerful in this trait, what is the Jedi Orders response? "If you are a Jedi you obviously have a lot of Force Juice, your kids would have a lot of Force Juice, so therefore we have decreed: You aren't allowed to fuck. Because we definitely don't want a steady supply of Jedi with lots of Force Juice..."

In a just world, every morning a Thai ladyboy would put a dozen earwigs on George Lucas' junk while he's sleeping as punishment for the midichlorian horseshit; and then hit him in the face with a frying pan when he wakes up screaming for doubling down on stupid by failing to realize that a supernatural power that was passed down genetically would result in selective breeding of Jedi and not a Jedi fuck ban.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

I have a bet as to who she is, and it's not that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Luke got some piecemeal training, on how to use his power, from a swamp frog. "Here are some nifty tricks, don't be a bad guy," was the jist of it. It's not like he was inducted to some secret Jedi sect where they cared or monitored that kind of stuff.

In none of the star wars movies did it ever say Jedi couldn't love/marry have kids. All the EU garbage has been shitcanned, so anything from that mishmash of crap doesn't count either.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke got some piecemeal training, on how to use his power, from a swamp frog. "Here are some nifty tricks, don't be a bad guy," was the jist of it. It's not like he was inducted to some secret Jedi sect where they cared or monitored that kind of stuff.

In none of the star wars movies did it ever say Jedi couldn't love/marry have kids. All the EU garbage has been shitcanned, so anything from that mishmash of crap doesn't count either.  

But Old Ben got the full training. That he seemed to take very seriously.
He was a hermit for almost 20years watching over Luke, afterall.

Episode 2 or 3 says something about something that relates to the no love thing... or something
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the "Awakening" was a ripple in the force, created by a collective consciousness actively seeking out Luke's location, uncovering Rey's abilities in the process, and Finn's turn from evil.

Edit: for punctuation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There was a midi-chlorian test performed on Aniken in "The Phantom Menace". His reading was so high as to be off-scale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rey. The entire thing is about how she's a Jedi. Ren has absolutely no interest in Finn, it's Rey they're after.

Finn is also force sensitive.  Not to the level that he can be come a force user, but enough that it improves the odds.

Hell, Han is force sensitive but it's not like there's some blood test to be able to prove it.

There was a midi-chlorian test performed on Aniken in "The Phantom Menace". His reading was so high as to be off-scale.

Midichlorians were later isolated and bottled as Colt .45 Malt Liquor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rey. The entire thing is about how she's a Jedi. Ren has absolutely no interest in Finn, it's Rey they're after.

Finn is also force sensitive.  Not to the level that he can be come a force user, but enough that it improves the odds.

Hell, Han is force sensitive but it's not like there's some blood test to be able to prove it.

That totally explains my adult life.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Han just has years of experience smuggling. He can't see the future. Even he gets boarded sometimes.

And yet he routinely pulls off impossible moves, like navigating an asteroid field despite the odds being 3,720 to 1, or diving in to the death star trench without being blasted by turbolasers, or attaching the Falcon to the back of a star destroyer without being spotted by the crew.

Yoda and the Jedi Council couldn't see that Anakin was fixing to slaughter the jedi preschool.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/smlnbndt/media/Forum%20Posts/1Time/index_zpsvhtu2gjw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/smlnbndt/Forum%20Posts/1Time/index_zpsvhtu2gjw.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/smlnbndt/media/Forum%20Posts/1Time/index_zpsvhtu2gjw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/smlnbndt/Forum%20Posts/1Time/index_zpsvhtu2gjw.jpg</a>

Exactly. Lando is force-sensitive thanks to frequent use of Colt .45, and has fathered all the protagonists of Ep VII thanks to his Force-assisted charm and virility.
"He's now more sex-machine than man." - Han Solo in The Bothan Booty, an entry in the Exxxtended Universe.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Exactly. Lando is force-sensitive thanks to frequent use of Colt .45, and has fathered all the protagonists of Ep VII thanks to his Force-assisted charm and virility.
"He's now more sex-machine than man." - Han Solo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This deal is getting....better all the time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lando: I had no choice. I came right before you did. I'm sorry.
Han Solo: I'm sorry too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Calm down before you have a stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's a FUCKING MOVIE..

this level of "discussion" reminds me of the idiot a month ago that was depressed because in the Star Trek series they had not yet moved outside of our own galaxy "with all their technology"...

Calm down before you have a stroke.

Or break a hip.......they're never the same after that
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's all about Rey Larry Kenobi.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

it's a FUCKING MOVIE..

View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's another spoiler:  Rey is Luke's daughter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Episode 2 or 3 says something about something that relates to the no love thing... or something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Force Awakens effectively retconned 1-3 to the point they basically didnt happen. Midichlorians no longer exist in the Star Wars universe, which negates one of the largest plot points in the 1st 3 shitmovies. If Midichlorians dont exist, those three shit movies dont exist either, as all of their plots revolve around a central pillar of testing for and training people with high faggot-bug levels. The "erasure" of 1-3 has been stated implicitly and explicitly outside of the movie. Additionally, the force awakens doesnt even acknowledge ANYTHING from the 1-3.

Just forget those 3 movies ever existed. You'll feel better if you do.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In the Clone Wars cartoon, I think there was an episode or two where Obi Wan had to protect a woman he was previously in a relationship with or something too. I recall assassin droids being in a box in the cargo hold or something? In one of the early seasons, 1 or 2 perhaps? Anything is possible I guess.

I could be way off, I haven't seen it in a long time and maybe I'm super wrong.
View Quote

I remember that episode. I think it was the Mandalorian assassination storyline. I don't think he had a relationship though, I thought she wanted one but he wouldn't give her the D.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always thought she was Luke's daughter with some yet to be introduced uber hot woman...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not all the EU was done away with. Any shows that involved Lucas and some of the books are still considered canon. The Clone Wars goes pretty deep into the EU lore.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Think about it, if the Force is a genetic trait that is passed down from generation to generation, and some families like the Skywalkers are extremely powerful in this trait, what is the Jedi Orders response? "If you are a Jedi you obviously have a lot of Force Juice, your kids would have a lot of Force Juice, so therefore we have decreed: You aren't allowed to fuck. Because we definitely don't want a steady supply of Jedi with lots of Force Juice..."

https://media.giphy.com/media/11OO4x7JURZoTC/giphy.gif

In a just world, every morning a Thai ladyboy would put a dozen earwigs on George Lucas' junk while he's sleeping as punishment for the midichlorian horseshit; and then hit him in the face with a frying pan when he wakes up screaming for doubling down on stupid by failing to realize that a supernatural power that was passed down genetically would result in selective breeding of Jedi and not a Jedi fuck ban.

View Quote

Here's the quote from EP2: "Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love."

Notice that he doesn't say they can't bone, just that they can't get attached.  Perhaps there is a Jedi breeding program going on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I highly doubt Rey will be Luke's daughter. They have worked hard not to overshadow all the characters with Luke, hence some of the script delays. If he is the father then it forces the writers to explore Luke and his past relationship.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here's the quote from EP2: "Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love."

Notice that he doesn't say they can't bone, just that they can't get attached.  Perhaps there is a Jedi breeding program going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Jedi and their rules were like the Catholic Church. You don't have to be Catholic to be Christian. You don't stop becoming a Jedi if you break the rules. Qui-Gonn was famous for bending the rules.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most recent theory I have heard is that she is like Annakin, conceived by the force itself.

Also the Awakening was Rey's becoming aware that she is force sensitive.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

how many times has Han uttered the phrase "I've got a bad FEELING about this" when the danger was not yet apparent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

no,,, they are in fact not.

how many times has Han uttered the phrase "I've got a bad FEELING about this" when the danger was not yet apparent.

He sure as hell didn't see Lando double crossing his ass or Vader sitting at the dinner table while he was cruzing around with her hotness.

Your explanation is the dumbest explanation for someone to have connection with the force.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The most recent theory I have heard is that she is like Annakin, conceived by the force itself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the scene where she cooks her food, as the camera pans around you see she has a doll that is dressed in orange jumper like Luke wore when he blew up the deathstar.  However he doesn't wear the orange jumper after he becomes a Jedi so i say her dad is Wedge.
Wedge subtillty kicked ass in several movies maybe he is a closet Jedi???  
Just saying
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't want and onslaught of Jedi, they had to take in the children that were strong in the force so that they would not grow up to be Sith, the argument you could make is why wouldnt they still take in troubled kids so they could monitor them to keep them from turning into sith.

But the whole reason for the Sex ban is to keep bloodlines from becoming great and becoming their own little secular section of the jedi order, which would resemble almost like tribes in a sense.

And you dont need to be a child of a jedi to be strong with the force. You are just allocated that by the will of the force.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He sure as hell didn't see Lando double crossing his ass or Vader sitting at the dinner table while he was cruzing around with her hotness.

Your explanation is the dumbest explanation for someone to have connection with the force.
View Quote

It has been stated many times in canon that those who are force sensitive tend to display extraordinary piloting, shooting, or other talents. You can be sensitive without being a force user. You can even be a force user without being a trained Jedi or Sith.

Solo does demonstrate an extraordinary piloting and shooting skill.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yoda and the Jedi Council couldn't see that Anakin was fixing to slaughter the jedi preschool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt7-WKXL5vw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt7-WKXL5vw

Yeah, because if you watch episode 2 and 3 they mention that the sith are clouding the Jedi's visions, that is why they couldnt see that coming, Sidious was blocking them that is why they couldn't even tell that he was the sith lord.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here's another spoiler:  Rey is Luke's daughter.
View Quote

except that she is not.

not a chance in hell, and if she is then it is the stupidest fucking plot twist and will ruin the slow beginning it has now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In the scene where she cooks her food, as the camera pans around you see she has a doll that is dressed in orange jumper like Luke wore when he blew up the deathstar.  However he doesn't wear the orange jumper after he becomes a Jedi so i say her dad is Wedge.
Just saying
View Quote

It was a standard rebel flight suit.

Hell, Porkins wore the same flight suit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont believe that is the case, the whole Star Wars story is not about jedi or lightsabers or war(even though it is all the best parts) but its about the skywalker family, more closely about Anikin, his life story.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, because if you watch episode 2 and 3 they mention that the sith are clouding the Jedi's visions, that is why they couldnt see that coming, Sidious was blocking them that is why they couldn't even tell that he was the sith lord.
View Quote

The dark side clouds the future, or at least creates enough confusion to leave room for vision interpretation. The Sith, while using the dark side, are not the same thing. The ability to mask oneself is not easy and is supposed to be very tiring and takes a lot of training.

In fact though the visions were correct, Anakin did bring balance, they just didn't realize that the current situation was balanced in favor of the light side.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It has been stated many times in canon that those who are force sensitive tend to display extraordinary piloting, shooting, or other talents. You can be sensitive without being a force user. You can even be a force user without being a trained Jedi or Sith.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where does it show that solo is an extraordinary pilot, if that is the case then every single storm trooper is a jedi too because they followed him into every single area he was extraordinarily piloting, yes it states that you can be an extrodinary pilot with the force, but that doesnt mean its the whole reason you are an extraodinary pilot, Hell the new Poe in episode 7 it seems is even better pilot than anyone in the past, but he is not a jedi or force sensitive, maybe if somone just does that for a living it makes them pretty damn good at it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saying

Not to mention the helmet is literally labeled with the name Rhae.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The dark side clouds the future, or at least creates enough confusion to leave room for vision interpretation. The Sith, while using the dark side, are not the same thing. The ability to mask oneself is not easy and is supposed to be very tiring and takes a lot of training.

In fact though the visions were correct, Anakin did bring balance, they just didn't realize that the current situation was balanced in favor of the light side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody is arguing that, stay on the topic you were talking about and quit trying to explain your reason for a dumb explination, the sith(palpatine) was clouding  the Jedi's visions that is why they didn't see it coming, the sith use the same force as the Jedi, but they use it for different things that is what makes them sith.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Disappointing movie was disappointing.
View Quote

Star Wars IV redux with the latest current politically correct characters.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

where does it show that solo is an extraordinary pilot, if that is the case then every single storm trooper is a jedi too because they followed him into every single area he was extraordinarily piloting, yes it states that you can be an extrodinary pilot with the force, but that doesnt mean its the whole reason you are an extraodinary pilot, Hell the new Poe in episode 7 it seems is even better pilot than anyone in the past, but he is not a jedi or force sensitive, maybe if somone just does that for a living it makes them pretty damn good at it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kessel Run? The Falcon was not the only YT-1300. Numerous battles, more battles. It is pretty well acknowledged he is a great pilot which accounts for his success as a smuggler. Which of the bazillion Empire pilots that died following him are you referring to? Funny you mention Poe...

He may not be force sensitive but it would not be a surprise to me if he is. Keep in mind that the Clone Wars and some of the books are canon also.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kessel Run? The Falcon was not the only YT-1300. Numerous battles, more battles. It is pretty well acknowledged he is a great pilot which accounts for his success as a smuggler. Which of the bazillion Empire pilots that died following him are you referring to? Funny you mention Poe...

He may not be force sensitive but it would not be a surprise to me if he is. Keep in mind that the Clone Wars and some of the books are canon also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

once again, being good at your job doesnt meant you have force powers, hell if they were that good because of the force then they should be as strong as Anikin, if you remember that Obi-wan was actually not that good of a pilot, just being a jedi or for that matter having connection to the force doesn't make you an extraordinary pilot automatically,  they only way for that to be so is for you to be as powerful with the force as Luke or Anikin, therefor Han is just a skilled pilot with a great ship, otherwise if he was skilled because of the force he should be wielding lightsaber as well. .

hell if you keep going them everyone in the star wars universe is going to have force power
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it seems like some people missed the whole Yoda speech about the force. It's in and around everything, this would stand to reason that living creatures are sensitive to it to varying degrees.

It'd be a sliding scale with Jedi and Sith on the high end and people with "bad feelings" and extreme luck some where under them.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I dont believe that is the case, the whole Star Wars story is not about jedi or lightsabers or war(even though it is all the best parts) but its about the skywalker family, more closely about Anikin, his life story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is Anakin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saying

That could have just been a pickup from the battlefield.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is Anakin.

No, more than likely she is a clone of Luke. Anikin is imortal and is probably talking to Kylo.

I think that Anikin and Darth Vader became two different souls (for lack of a better word) and the Vader side is talking to Kylo that is why it shows him talking to Vaders skull, Anikin is probably talking and teaching Luke along with Obiwan and Yoda.

Rey was probably cloned by a third party (probably having something to do with they old guy that was dressed in Jedi clothes that was killed in the beginning) from Luke's hand, that is why they have the light saber that was lost in the movie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No, more than likely she is a clone of Luke. Anikin is imortal and is probably talking to Kylo.

I think that Anikin and Darth Vader became two different souls (for lack of a better word) and the Vader side is talking to Kylo that is why it shows him talking to Vaders skull, Anikin is probably talking and teaching Luke along with Obiwan and Yoda.

Rey was probably cloned by a third party (probably having something to do with they old guy that was dressed in Jedi clothes that was killed in the beginning) from Luke's hand, that is why they have the light saber that was lost in the movie.
View Quote

There's a certain Y chromosome issue with that clone theory.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saying

That settles it. Porkins is Rey's father.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saying

Not the worst fan theory out there.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I thought the awakening was both Rey and Kylo.  Kylo needed to kill Han as part of his trials and to ascend to the next portion of his training.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Why is Kenodi 30something when Luke is born in episode 3 and then in episode 4 when Luke is 20ish Kenobi is some ancient outer space geriatric?
Page / 3
Top Top