Gotta meet the ticket quota.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Derp.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Frankly all police vehicles should be clearly marked.  None of this bullshit stealth operators.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Revenue
View Quote

FPNI Again!

Fuck crime deterrence. It's all about redistributing your wealth.

BTW: How much cash you got on you today, civilian? Any donations for orphanages we don't know about? Our tac team wants new Wilson Combats all around and the city budget won't allow it. Care to make a donation?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Revenue
View Quote

F.P.N.I.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Frankly all police vehicles should be clearly marked.  None of this bullshit stealth operators.  
View Quote

lol, no
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

lol, no
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, no

yes.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Cause New York

Kidding aside. Probably because he's a traffic cop and the dark letting keeps less people from rubber necking, which slows down traffic.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Revenue
View Quote

Yep, says so on the front fender.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol, no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no

All police vehicles which would reasonably be expected to pull people over, yes.  It's a security thing.  You don't want to train people that they have to pull over and be deferential to any car on the road that happens to have a $5 flashing red light somewhere on the dash.

Reliance on uniform standards for identification has its own problems, but it's safer than the alternative.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't know if it's true, but I have been listening to the "Bosch" books on audiotape and they claim that police detectives were issued black and white cars with no lights on top in the 90s to fool the public into thinking there were more patrol cars on the street than there were.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no
I don't know if it's true, but I have been listening to the "Bosch" books on audiotape and they claim that police detectives were issued black and white cars with no lights on top in the 90s to fool the public into thinking there were more patrol cars on the street than there were.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

All police vehicles which would reasonably be expected to pull people over, yes.  It's a security thing.  You don't want to train people that they have to pull over and be deferential to any car on the road that happens to have a $5 flashing red light somewhere on the dash.

Reliance on uniform standards for identification has its own problems, but it's safer than the alternative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no

So you agree that not all law enforcement vehicles need to be marked?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#21]
It's still technically not an unmarked car.   You just have to look closer.  

If it helps catch people doing colossolly assholian shit,  I'm all for it.  

If it's used to write 37 in a 35, I'm not.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You need unmarked cars for some stuff. Even I'm not that cuckoo But patrol cars that do traffic enforcement with uniformed officers in them? Put a sticker on the side  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no

yes.  
You need unmarked cars for some stuff. Even I'm not that cuckoo But patrol cars that do traffic enforcement with uniformed officers in them? Put a sticker on the side  

I don't disagree.  Patrol vehicles should absolutely be marked and clearly identifiable as such.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last two tickets I got were from the cars with the regular "Speed Trap, New York" markings in color. I would assume they are all reflective anyway.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta meet the ticket quota.
Last two tickets I got were from the cars with the regular "Speed Trap, New York" markings in color. I would assume they are all reflective anyway.  

Locally I believe the speed traps are referred to as "penguin snares"
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#26]
We have a shit load of those around here, as well as several chargers in black and some in orange. The chargers have absolutely no markings at all, only a couple stubby antennas and some led light in the grill.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I always laugh at all of you who say "quotas" and things like that.  Some departments have them, but You all act like they're universal  I believe my current ticket book was issued to me in June 2015 and it still has quite a few left in it.  They come with 20 in them.  Only tickets we every really write are from traffic crashes.  Other departments I worked for I wrote speeding and other tickets, but we also had the time to work traffic there
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Those ghost graphics reflect a ton of light at night.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Any vehicle that is tasked with traffic enforcement and performing roadside stops should be clearly marked with department name on all four sides, have roof top warning lights and chevron striping on the rear.

I cant wait for the ARFCops to argue why any of the above isn't a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Roadside tax collector
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no

I'm fine with Columbo driving up in his beater.  He doesn't pull people over.

Also, I started watching Columbo recently on Netflix.  It's pretty entertaining, even if it's 1:15 long and he violates people's rights every episode.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone willing to take bets on who's got hidden icons in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice rims. They need those to live their Jack Bauer fantasy's in style.

WTF
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any vehicle that is tasked with traffic enforcement and performing roadside stops should be clearly marked with department name on all four sides, have roof top warning lights and chevron striping on the rear.
I cant wait for the ARFCops to argue why any of the above isn't a good idea.
View Quote

No argument from me. We had both marked and unmarked cars in our traffic unit. I preferred the marked car and saw no difference in how easy it was to write violations.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I always laugh at all of you who say "quotas" and things like that.  Some departments have them, but You all act like they're universal  I believe my current ticket book was issued to me in June 2015 and it still has quite a few left in it.  They come with 20 in them.  Only tickets we every really write are from traffic crashes.  Other departments I worked for I wrote speeding and other tickets, but we also had the time to work traffic there
View Quote

My bad, the politically correct term is "performance expectation".

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#40]
My local PD has 2 Chargers.

1 grey with grey lettering and decals, the other red on red.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Pretty sure I have been stopped by that Branford officer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Revenue
View Quote

Goddamn FPNI again!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are large agencies in NY that absolposlutely have quotas.    

You'd be working 11-7 in Plattsburgh for the rest of your career with that kind of attitude in NY, mister
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always laugh at all of you who say "quotas" and things like that.  Some departments might have them, but I've never heard of them around here.  I believe my current ticket book was issued to me in June 2015 and it still has quite a few left in it.  They come with 20 in them.  Only tickets we every really write are from traffic crashes.  Other departments I worked for I wrote speeding and other tickets, but we also had the time to work traffic there
There are large agencies in NY that absolposlutely have quotas.    

You'd be working 11-7 in Plattsburgh for the rest of your career with that kind of attitude in NY, mister

I edited my post some. I don't disagree that some departments have them. Just everyone on here acts like they are universal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Same reason they need hidden icons despite showing up in every cop thread.

Because LOLsec and Pursesec
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Those ghost graphics reflect a ton of light at night.
View Quote

I kinda want a car wrapped completely with the reflective stuff.  Just because.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Working a lot of traffic is a sure way to piss your coworkers off when they have to cover all your other calls. Coming in to this time of year, we have calls holding when we get there and calls holding when we leave. It's one call to another back to back all shift. No time really to run laser or anything like that
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#47]
A local department has one in all white with the the badging that can only been seen when the light hits it right.  They use it to sit along the 4 lane road through town that goes from 45 to 25 in the span of a like 1/2 mile.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Same reason they need hidden icons despite showing up in every cop thread.

Because LOLsec and Pursesec
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Traffic cars?  Unless the officer is making up/fabricating violations, whats the issue?  Drive the speed limit, don't run red lights, don't cut thru the gas station to avoid a traffic control device, don't turn where signage prohibits it, etc, etc, etc.  

These should be specialty assigned vehicles, not used for routine patrol (I know, I know...no such thing as routine...I'll wash my mouth out with soap later...)

Normal patrol vehicles?  I agree they should be clearly marked.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top