Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:54:20 AM EDT
Looking to pick up the series Sapphire and Steel for a friend and haven't found any places this side of the pond.

The DVD player will play any region DVDs (once I do the hack) so having a reg 2 or 3 DVD won't matter.  It also has a built in NTSC and PAL converter so I am covered there.

I already found what appears to be a good source for my asian DVDs at [url]www.dvdasian.com[/url].
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried ordering direct from the UK?

Try Amazon's UK site.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I had completely forgotten about ebay.  Still looking at the overseas shipping though, which is what I was trying to avoid.  Guess UK flicks aren't as popular as the asian movies.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have you tried ordering direct from the UK?

Try Amazon's UK site.
View Quote

Good suggestion!  Lots of books for the UK market can be found there that aren't available at Amazon's regular site.  Same should be true for DVD's and other media

[url]www.amazon.co.uk[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just at my eye doctor's office, bi-focal time, and came accross an article in an old Newsweek.

Basically, it was about watching foreign films that aren't available in the US on your DVD player when they might be coded differently.

They suggested that you try the sites

codefreedvd.com
zonefreedvd.com

to look for a player that is code free.

They say you can also "chip" your DVD player to play disks regardless of coding but some DVD disks are designed to determine whether your machine has been altered.

Sounds like you best bet is a player that operates regardless of coding.

Regards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top