Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 12:00:58 AM EDT
Hello, all.

This is one of the hardest messages I have had to write, but I need some help.  I moved to Phoenix from Wisconsin to start a new life out here.  I was sick of the climate in Wisconsin, both weather-wise, political-wise, and allergy-wise.

Since ariving in Arizona, things have been mixed.

Good:  more political freedom, cost of living generally lower, beautiful girlfriend, ccw is legal, lower taxes.

Bad:  Heavy auto insurance hike, hard time finding employment.

I've been down here since October 2002 and still have not found work. It's not for lack of searching; I've sent out a few hundred cover letters & resumes valley-wide.  There have been a lot of nibbles but no bites.  

Seven months later my cash is starting to peter out and my credit cards are nearly full.

I also was rear-ended one month after moving.  My truck was undamaged but the other individual's car needed work.  My insurance company finally resolved the issue and now I'm facing an insurance hike as well.  

I need work.  I don't mind long hours, nights, or weekends.  

My degree is a generalist degree; a BBA: Business Management.  I can do nerly anything that needs doing in a business.  I have done the call enter thing and can do it again.  I did technical support / help desk work at a University call center two years ago.  Last year I worked at GE Medical Systems doing inside sales in a B2B environment.

With my bills and rent, I can survive on $10.00/hr but higher is always better.  :-)  I figure that unless I'm making $12.00/hr or more, I'll be doing the second job thing so I can pay off my credit cards before interest eats me alive.

Please help me out.  I believe in honesty, hard work, am an Eagle Scout, and have a clean record other than two parking tickets back in Wisconsin.  (Yes, they're paid.)  :)  If anyone here is in HR, knows of anyone who is hiring, etc., PLEASE let me know.  My email is [email protected] and I'll be glad to forward anyone a resume.

Thanks much.  It's getting to the point of selling off some of my more prized possessions and it's going to be a sad day when I have to part with my AR.

Thanks,

Mike Kwiatkowski
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, not in AZ, but wanted to give some credit card advice.  Get one of those 0% balance transfers and keep using them until you get the card(s) paid off.  Good luck with the job hunt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
... The company I work for is currently hiring a few "critical skills" but they're not really taking in a lot of folks now.

... I would however recommend moving your post over to the AZ Hometown board for better exposure to locals. It will probably stay visible there for more than a few hours too.

... Best of luck, don't give up hope,
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey man, I wish I could help you out, but I work at an airline so my job isnt even for sure... I will keep my eye on things though and let you know what comes along. Not to sound like an Ahole or anything, but are you working now? If its really getting bad should you start thinkin about Mcdonalds? I delivered pizza for about 5 years and made some pretty good money on it, but I put about 30k on my truck every year....

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top