Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:57:43 PM EDT
has anyone read this thing??http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=644

Unless they rewrite the ban there isn't a chance in hell of it passing.

they got too damn greedy and soon they will have no ban.

What makes them think it has a chance?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
... I'm banned at DU, does anyone with search capability know what the discussion is over there?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You can lurk DU without registering.  Little to no discussion in their GD forums.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=644[/url]

Its OK to hotlink to the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.nraila.org/LegislativeUpdate.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=644[/url]
OUCH!  the link's hot now, so be careful. [:D]

anywho, I'll read it and edit this post to say something then.

edit:  you know, if they're really trying that I don't think it has a snowball's chance in hell of passing.  a simple re-authorization *might* have passed, but I don't think a more draconian version can.

plus, what's their "liberal logic" behind banning shotguns which hold [b]less[/b] than five rounds?  and semi-auto shotguns?  between those two chunks, they're going to piss off a lot of the "they're not my guns" hunter-types who didn't really care about the old ban.

anyone know how hard it is to find the actual proposed bill?  (it's at [url]jefferson.loc.gov[/url] somewhere, right?)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... I'm banned at DU, does anyone with search capability know what the discussion is over there?
View Quote

I'm banned too (3 times) but still posting... actually made it to over 120 posts this time. [:)].

Anyways, the search function is for "contributing" members only.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
if what the nra is saying is true it would be political suicide for anyone who backed it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
[lol] Now THAT's funny! I feel sorry for the poor bastard that backs that piece of crap.

AND,if this is true, we're COOKIN' with gas baby! [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just clear your cookie and sign up again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top