Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 3:43:04 PM EDT
In honor of the classic question "What gun did Pacino use in Heat?...."

What was the machine pistol Keanu Reeves used during the lobby shoot out in The Matrix? Not the HK MP-5Ks. Not the Uzi Micros. The strange looking ones with the curved mags. They are obviously not firing the 5.56mm casings that are seen dropping at his feet, but what the hell are they???
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Scorpions
[img]http://www.1899airsoftguns.com/images/vz.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Its been a while since I watched it, and I remember the Scorpions (I fired one in .32ACP once), but wasn't there one more he used?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya. He used a couple of micro uzi's at the end of the scene:
[img]http://airsoftshop.polyactive.net/handgunphoto/maruzenuzi.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I mentioned the Uzi Micros. The one I was thinking of was being fired in a burst mode.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Scorpions that managed to eject 5.56 cases!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
[8D]Sham on you MR. ANDERSON.  or should i say....NEO?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Heh heh.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, they were Skorpions. Thanks Citibria, just wanted to see how long it would take for someone to notice. As you can tell I am very bored.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The firearms Neo used in that scene were
1st. 2 H&K MP5's
2nd. 2 Beretta  9mm's
3rd. 2 Scorpions
4th. 2 Micro Uzis

I hope this clears things up[;)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Actually, the tarted-up Skorpions EJECTED .32ACP brass, which managed to MORPH themselves into .223 brass by the time they reached the floor...  [:)]

-Troy
View Quote

It was actually a glich in the program (Matrix) that caused this.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, the tarted-up Skorpions EJECTED .32ACP brass, which managed to MORPH themselves into .223 brass by the time they reached the floor...  [:)]

-Troy
View Quote

View Quote

There aren't "No-Prizes" for movies, so dont even try.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone have the picture of Neo after he goes through the scanner and opens his coat?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Troy
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Huh??? I don't get it. I'm feeling pretty dense tonight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Not good quality:
[img]http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~davidj2/neo.jpg[/img]

Were you hoping to id the guns?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not good quality:
[url]http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~davidj2/neo.jpg[/url]

Were you hoping to id the guns?
View Quote

[homovoice]  he is such a total badass [/homovoice]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought they were Ingrams...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]
When I first saw the movie I could swear they were TMP's.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Im gonna watch that scene again now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I happened to watch this movie today on dvd
the question I have is what caliber were those desert eagles in? I've figuring they were the .50AE versions, that just seems fitting for the agents
and what were those guns the kid had that had the drums? he pulled them out of the big case and was just about to open up with them and the swat guys wasted him
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I happened to watch this movie today on dvd
the question I have is what caliber were those desert eagles in? I've figuring they were the .50AE versions, that just seems fitting for the agents
View Quote

Watch the gun cycle from above in one of the final scenes.  You can clearly see a .44 Mag blank being ejected.

and what were those guns the kid had that had the drums? he pulled them out of the big case and was just about to open up with them and the swat guys wasted him
View Quote

IIRC, they were Thompsons.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1st. 2 H&K MP5's
2nd. 2 Beretta  9mm's
3rd. 2 Scorpions
4th. 2 Micro Uzis

View Quote

Didn't he use a M16 too?  I seem to recall him doing a flip while firing one.  Was that in another scene?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's actually a shotgun(I'm assuming 12 gauge) called the Manville Gas Gun 12 [url]http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1400/1466.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]
What are the weapons Morpheus is waving around in the posters for Reloaded? They look HK MP5K-ish.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the weapons Morpheus is waving around in the posters for Reloaded? They look HK MP5K-ish.
View Quote

They're using Toad's guns in the new one.
View Quote

Guess they [i]do[/i] work in the Matrix.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
1st. 2 H&K MP5's
2nd. 2 Beretta  9mm's
3rd. 2 Scorpions
4th. 2 Micro Uzis

View Quote

Didn't he use a M16 too?  I seem to recall him doing a flip while firing one.  Was that in another scene?
View Quote

Neo did pick up a M16 from one of the guards in that scene. If I remember right, the M16 only had a 20 round mag and after it was empty Neo tossed it. In the above post I only mentioned the guns Neo brought with him to that scene not what he picked up[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Neo did pick up a M16 from one of the guards in that scene. If I remember right, the M16 only had a 20 round mag and after it was empty Neo tossed it. In the above post I only mentioned the guns Neo brought with him to that scene not what he picked up[:D]
View Quote

The M16s in those scenes also had a forked flash hider...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
WhooHoo! Just now got my tickets for an advance screening of "Reloaded" Wednesday Night!
[headbang]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't get any fans by saying this, but the Matrix SUCKED !

think instead of bringing an extra 30lbs in weapons he could have brought some extra ammo.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I believe Raven is referring to the sad, pathetic fan-wanking that goes on in the comic book readership to explain away gross continuity errors.  As in "No, that wasn't a mistake..if you remember in issue #375 of the European variant printing of Amazing ChickenHawk & WonderLad the cover art showed Amazing ChickenHawk using that superhitech gizmo.  The writers didn't just pull his possession/use of the gizmo completely out of their ass for the last issue..."
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

They're using Toad's guns in the new one.
View Quote

Really thats what I thought with LEO mags also lol if you look close enough on some of the promo images it can clearly be read "for law enforcment use only"
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I believe Raven is referring to the sad, pathetic fan-wanking that goes on in the comic book readership to explain away gross continuity errors.  As in "No, that wasn't a mistake..if you remember in issue #375 of the European variant printing of Amazing ChickenHawk & WonderLad the cover art showed Amazing ChickenHawk using that superhitech gizmo.  The writers didn't just pull his possession/use of the gizmo completely out of their ass for the last issue..."
View Quote

Okay, thanks RiffRandall. I guess I need to get out more often, huh? Eh...maybe not.

Doggonit if the local theatre isn't having a Wed. night opening...an hour BEFORE I go to work. Hmmm....maybe I'm feeling something coming on. [;)]

Nah, I'll wait until Saturday night. Cause Friday night I'll be at the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Concert. YeeeeeHaaaaw! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

think instead of bringing an extra 30lbs in weapons he could have brought some extra ammo.
View Quote

The fastest reload is another gun. Besides, its hard to change mags with a gun in both hands. When you can be "programmed" to master weapons and shoot them equally well with either hand this would be the fastest method for fast firing at multiple targets. Also, the weight is not an issue for people who can run up walls, jump from buliding to building, and stop bullets.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Mmmkay...here I go. Going to reveal my geekdom here.

[emma-geek]
Shouldn't they be using revolvers? I mean, if you're a master at shooting and can move arbitrarily fast, then you're already shooting way faster than any gas-operated gun can cycle. If ordinary human trick-shooters can cycle the trigger faster than the gun can cycle, just imagine what Neo or the Agents could do.
[/emma-geek]

Erm, okay. I'm going to get back in line for Wednesday night.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The fastest reload is another gun. Besides, its hard to change mags with a gun in both hands. When you can be "programmed" to master weapons and shoot them equally well with either hand this would be the fastest method for fast firing at multiple targets. Also, the weight is not an issue for people who can run up walls, jump from buliding to building, and stop bullets.
View Quote

You gave that WAY TOO much thought. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#37]
in the next movie he can fly so why not just shoot giant wads of flaming shit out of his ass?

I am William Wallace!
um

NEO.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They are obviously not firing the 5.56mm casings that are seen dropping at his feet
View Quote

I noticed this too... notice there are no riflings on the bullets that he stops in mid air? It is the Matrix, so there are no rules (movie flaws) anyway...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or some "magical" Matrix weapon? But then again, their minds are still not completely thinking outside the box...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top