Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy.

Trump is a vile human being.

Although it would be in the Libs best interest to lay off him, he's so misogynistic, so boorish, such a short-fingered vulgarian, that they (rightfully) feel the need to destroy him.

Like some gross spider that you know helps by catching flies, you can't stop the primal need to step on that nasty bastard.

Same with Trump.

Usual suspect is usual.

http://www.survivingcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/will-smith-shaking-his-head-gif.gif

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
People say he can't be elected havent been paying attention that all of his rallies were filled to capacity and people were forced away.
View Quote

There is no correlation between circus attendance and general election results.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy.

Although it would be in the Libs best interest to lay off him, he's so misogynistic, so boorish, such a short-fingered vulgarian, that they (rightfully) feel the need to destroy him.

Like some gross spider that you know helps by catching flies, you can't stop the primal need to step on that nasty bastard.

Same with Trump.

Usual suspect is usual.

http://www.survivingcollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/will-smith-shaking-his-head-gif.gif

Laugh it up fuzzball.....I'm sure we will be hearing the lamentations and rending of garments of usual suspects like you when Cruz is left standing with his teeth in his mouth wondering WTF happened when he is cast aside by the GOPe.

BTW.....Good to see your boy got the weed vote. Seems more than fitting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The person who is most incapable of having a rational discussion is Trump himself.  When asked about what the job of the federal government is, only a liberal would include health care, education, and housing in the answer.  For some reason, that's ignored while he's in the Republican primary.  For some reason, his web site has a different position than Trump, or Trump is unable to articulate consistently the positions on his website.

Most of the voting public notices how shitty of a person he is, liberal or not.  Liberals hate him because they think he's racist or sexist or whatever the latest thing is.  I'm not sure they're wrong, because Trump says a lot of dumb shit.

The easiest way to put is that you can be a liberal, but be hated by liberals if they decide you are racist/bigoted/sexist/etc.  Sometimes it's a fine line, but with Trump he words a lot of things very poorly and makes it easy for them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#5]
You've set up a false choices.  First, conservatives calling him liberal doesn't mean liberals think he is.  Second, the libs don't hate him especially for his conservative views, they hate him for his perceived racism and sexism.  Him not being a real conservative doesn't necessarily make him attractive to libs.

That's my $0.02.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Laugh it up fuzzball.....I'm sure we will be hearing the lamentations and rending of garments of usual suspects like you when Cruz is left standing with his teeth in his mouth wondering WTF happened when he is cast aside by the GOPe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy.

Same with Trump.

Usual suspect is usual.

Too bad all the Cruz delegates are hardcore grassroots activists that don't exactly look at the establishment with love.

Cruz, second ballot, 1,443.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Would you hire someone with a history of theft to guard your bank because he suddenly declared that he had a change of heart and is now honest as the day is long....

Would you buy a car from Andy's Used Cars with a long history of shadiness because they changed the name of the dealership to Honest Andy's Used Cars.

As far as I'm concerned non of the candidates are worthy of the office with just a cursory look into their credentials and past records and affiliations.
View Quote

I'd have to if the only other seller was Satan.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So which is it?  Is he a liberal?  Or is he so conservative that he has the left spitting mad that they will flood the polls?  You can't have it both ways so is your argument that he is a secret liberal or that he is too Conservative?  If your going to keep trotting out the same tired bullshit attacks at least be consistent about it...
View Quote

Neither. It is this. We have had 8 years of Barack the Unready

We can't afford another unqualified individual in the White House no matter where he falls on the Liberal /  Conservative continuum.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Liberals thought Bush and Romney were extreme right wingers.

I've seen them describe Kasich as dangerously right wing.

They are terribly misinformed, and they won't research a candidate on their own.
This is what happen when you gain your political views via Twitter, Facebook, and Marxist educators.

But, isn't that how most Trump supporters are?
I mean, all you will get from a Trump supporter here is some stupid meme as a response.
I have yet to see a well reasoned argument come from this camp.

Just like I have yet to hear a well reasoned argument as to why I shouldn't be supporting Cruz.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just an observation I have made.  The Trump haters favorite attack is to call him a liberal or say he is a leftist plant.  But then, sometimes in the next sentence, they insist he is unelectable because the libs hate him so much they will turn out in droves just to vote against him.

So which is it?  Is he a liberal?  Or is he so conservative that he has the left spitting mad that they will flood the polls?  You can't have it both ways so is your argument that he is a secret liberal or that he is too Conservative?  If your going to keep trotting out the same tired bullshit attacks at least be consistent about it...
View Quote

It can go both ways, just like this:

Trump is up there giving all these poplulist speeches stating everything he *thinks* a conservative would say. This pisses off the dyed in wool liberals. They think he's a racist, fear-mongering jagoff. This will galvanize their base. The rest of the democrats looks at his positions that lean left (touchback amnesty, his comments about govt paid healthcare) and why would they vote for him? Hillary Clinton is a better liberal, might as well go all in with her. We've done this in the past with Romney and McCain. Why would the population vote for a guy who's soft on all issues and blowing in the wind when they could just run with the solid progressive.

Disclaimer: I'm not convinced trump is actually a plant. That being said, his past is toxic and he has zero credibility to stand on when it comes to debating hilldawg. It's a non-starter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just an observation I have made.  The Trump haters favorite attack is to call him a liberal or say he is a leftist plant.  But then, sometimes in the next sentence, they insist he is unelectable because the libs hate him so much they will turn out in droves just to vote against him.

View Quote

Seems pretty consistent to me - I'm not a fan or a hater - but if I wanted to infiltrate the other side of any polarized competition - I would make myself as convincing as possible.

If he acts like a Super Conservative dude, while also saying things that aren't PC - he'll pull a large amount of people that are just tired of the bullshit - while in turn pushing a large amount away (Including many conservatives).  This way - he Offends the competition and splits the allegiance of the party which he "represents".

If he is a plant, it's an ingenious strategy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are terribly misinformed, and they won't research a candidate on their own.
This is what happen when you gain your political views via Twitter, Facebook, and Marxist educators.

I mean, all you will get from a Trump supporter here is some stupid meme as a response.

Just like I have yet to hear a well reasoned argument as to why I shouldn't be supporting Cruz.
View Quote

*Insert Alex Jones/Inforwars links here*
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate him because he is absolutely unelectable to the point that he is going to lose in a Mondale v Reagan landslide ensuring Hillary makes four appointments to the SCOTUS.

And he is so fucking stupid that the election will be decided in the first debate.

Bet me a membership, OP. Put your money where your mouth is. I'll give you two to one odds that Hillary is the next president. I'll buy you TWO years of membership to this website if anyone defeats Hillary. This includes if Bernie defeats her in the primary or if Trump or Cruz defeat her in the General.

Bet me.

ETA: to make this really interesting, I'll buy you FOUR years if Hillary ends up in jail.

I've challenged several OP's of these threads to this bet and have yet to have anyone take it. One in particular is a singular loudmouth 13'er.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't Alex Jones endorse Trump?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

/Thread

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Is he a liberal?  Or is he so conservative that he has the left spitting mad that they will flood the polls? ...

... his deeds conflict with his rhetoric...

/Thread

Broken down so even the dimmest can grasp.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Is he a liberal?  Or is he so conservative that he has the left spitting mad that they will flood the polls? ...

... his deeds conflict with his rhetoric...

/Thread

But they won't.

You see, while you're in the cult, it never occurs to you that you've joined a cult.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#17]
He is a liberal that liberals hate because liberals are too stupid to know that he is one of them.

See how easy it is to have both.

For me I just think he is a closet Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The answer is simple; you're not dealing with rational people who want to have an actual discussion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The answer is simple; you're not dealing with rational people who want to have an actual discussion.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2rppqnt.jpg

Let's play a game: Who has less credibility, America-180 or Donald Trump?

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know what's more comical the hate for Trump or the idea that Cruz can win.

Who do you want to stand up to China and Putin? You want a nice guy who maybe shows chicks his junk and has a long history of family instability and no international relations experience, or do you want someone that will actually tell the leaders of our enemies to go eat a bag of dicks.

Hillary wins and the Chinese are going to take Japan on head first and the little fat man is never going to let a woman disrespect him, North Korea will start an offensive on our allies and interests.

in closing, I'd rather have a devil in office right now than a weak willed pansy who tells you he believes in your rights while he can't even manage his own household and family affairs let alone the affairs of a nation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Let's calm down, the personal insults are getting to be a bit much  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2rppqnt.jpg

Let's play a game: Who has less credibility, America-180 or Donald Trump?

Let's calm down, the personal insults are getting to be a bit much  

I get where you're coming from, GD has been a total goatfuck the last few months, but it's hard for me to not swing at that hanging curve ball.

Message received, Mr. Penguin.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know what's more comical the hate for Trump or the idea that Cruz can win.

Who do you want to stand up to China and Putin? You want a nice guy who maybe shows chicks his junk and has a long history of family instability and no international relations experience, or do you want someone that will actually tell the leaders of our enemies to go eat a bag of dicks.

Hillary wins and the Chinese are going to take Japan on head first and the little fat man is never going to let a woman disrespect him, North Korea will start an offensive on our allies and interests.

in closing, I'd rather have a devil in office right now than a weak willed pansy who tells you he believes in your rights while he can't even manage his own household and family affairs let alone the affairs of a nation.
View Quote

There is almost zero basis in reality going on here.

I don't want a guy who will tell other world leaders to "eat a bag of dicks". That's not how foreign policy works. I have zero qualms with Cruz leading the country against a growing Russia and an angsty China.

When you say shit like that to other tyrants with fragile egos, bad things happen.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was a democrat until recently, he voted for Obama, praised Hillary, gave money to the most fanatical democrats, supported gun control, socialized medicine, eminent domain.... by any reasonable measure he is a liberal. He is not a communist like the rest of the democrat party. Big whoop! (And I thought being on a reality show was  a deal breaker)

The ones that want to stop the mythical "GOPe" are giving the real reason. Unfortunately EVERY single republican, including Cruz, has been accused of being "GOPe", so the real goal is to prevent the republican party from winning elections.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't want a guy who will tell other world leaders to "eat a bag of dicks". That's not how foreign policy works. I have zero qualms with Cruz leading the country against a growing Russia and an angsty China.

When you say shit like that to other tyrants with fragile egos, bad things happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you bow to foreign leaders because you're a Beta bitch they take inches which turn into miles.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is he a liberal?  

During one of the last town halls, Trump was saying the most important functions of the federal government are security, healthcare, education, and housing.  

Before he was trying to win the Republican nomination, he was telling everyone how great of a Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was, donating large sums of money to Democrats, and even talking about gun control.

I'm not sure about you, but that sounds pretty liberal to me.

Liberals hate him, though, because he's a "racist" who wants border security.

IMO, Trump has no real ideological foundation, and has a track record of changing his mind, especially when he's trying to sell you something.  Anyone who's thinking logically should be concerned.  Only those emotionally driven can't see this.  He'll change his stance when it suits his purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liberal?  

During one of the last town halls, Trump was saying the most important functions of the federal government are security, healthcare, education, and housing.  

Before he was trying to win the Republican nomination, he was telling everyone how great of a Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was, donating large sums of money to Democrats, and even talking about gun control.

IMO, Trump has no real ideological foundation, and has a track record of changing his mind, especially when he's trying to sell you something.  Anyone who's thinking logically should be concerned.  Only those emotionally driven can't see this.  He'll change his stance when it suits his purpose.

This.

Libtards hate him because they're libtards. I work with a ton of them. They believe he wants to deport all non-whites.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
When you bow to foreign leaders because you're a Beta bitch they take inches which turn into miles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a big difference between crass and unhinged, and beta bitch.  You can garner the respect and fear of other world leaders without coming across as an unpredictable American Kim (whatever version).

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I advocate bowing to them? No. That's what our current POTUS does and we've all seen how well that works. (Cue pic of Hillary hitting the Stupid reset button with the russians).

But when you directly challenge them, they run with it. There needs to be tact and cunning involved and I don't see that happening with Trump.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

Libtards hate him because they're libtards. I work with a ton of them. They believe he wants to deport all non-whites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liberal?  

This.

And they probably believe that because of some meme they saw on social media.
Trump supporters are the same way though.
No substance, just memes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 You can't have it both ways so is your argument that he is a secret liberal or that he is too Conservative?  If your going to keep trotting out the same tired bullshit attacks at least be consistent about it...
View Quote

A successful Moby for all appearances, does not resemble a liberal at all. If one is successful anyway. I could go troll on DU and my posts would have conservatives  frothing mad by acting like the biggest over the top communist SJW lbitard. the DUers would love it, I would hate it myself but as long as my posts make them look insane, = success.

Is Trump a plant? I don't now but if he loses I fully expect him to play that angle.

Is he a liberal? Anyone who thinks the responsibilities of the Federal Government should be Healthcare , education and housing, certainly is no conservative by any stretch. They ARE liberal ideals. How can he not be one. Just because he pissed them off,  does not mean that  he is not just another stripe of Liberal.

You support a liberal, its fine,. Most Americans are liberal. Glad to see you take off the mask.Much easier to spot you liberals when you support a candidate that supports liberal ideals at their core.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hate him because he is absolutely unelectable to the point that he is going to lose in a Mondale v Reagan landslide ensuring Hillary makes four appointments to the SCOTUS.

And he is so fucking stupid that the election will be decided in the first debate.

Bet me a membership, OP. Put your money where your mouth is. I'll give you two to one odds that Hillary is the next president. I'll buy you TWO years of membership to this website if anyone defeats Hillary. This includes if Bernie defeats her in the primary or if Trump or Cruz defeat her in the General.

Bet me.

ETA: to make this really interesting, I'll buy you FOUR years if Hillary ends up in jail.

I've challenged several OP's of these threads to this bet and have yet to have anyone take it. One in particular is a singular loudmouth 13'er.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bet me.

It's NOT you or I that will make the next Presidential selection.  It is the undecided vote that will make the call.  If you truly are a D or an R, you will pull the respective lever in the general election, without question.  I am a Trump supporter currently, but more importantly, I am a conservative Republican and that is who I will vote for in the General Election.

*Bets on this site are futile.  I had an online bet here and he lost, then claimed a brain injury.  I am still looking for My 36 Glock.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he a liberal?  

This.

You make that an issue as if it is a Bad THING.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is a NY liberal. That is the answer. The liberals hate him not because he is a conservative, but because he is an asshat. A piece of shit of a human being.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's NOT you or I that will make the next Presidential selection.  It is the undecided vote that will make the call.  If you truly are a D or an R, you will pull the respective lever in the general election, without question.  I am a Trump supporter currently, but more importantly, I am a conservative Republican and that is who I will vote for in the General Election.

*Bets on this site are futile.  I had an online bet here and he lost, then claimed a brain injury.  I am still looking for My 36 Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bet me.

I've made two bets, lost one, won the other. It seems that pistol bullets shot onto ice *WILL* spin like a buzzing top on the tip of the bullet (I bet against) and bought someone a membership. The other I played someone in a game that I am better than them at.

Everyone paid up. I believe that most of the people here are honorable and their word is good. If not, the EE wouldn't work.

I'd even go so far as to make a thread in the GD describing the bet, and that the loser not paying up be banned.

If someone makes a bet and doesn't pay up, they are dishonorable scum.

Come on OP, bet me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This x 1000

Most of the cruzaders are more illogical than liberals.

They let feelings dominate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Everything Trump has done and said (at least before he evolved) defines him as a liberal Democrat

Not my fault that the liberals don't like him either
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#37]
FYI when you accuse someone of being a "hater", you sound like an adolescent girl.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#38]
they want Cruz because he will lose.

Same deal as Romney.

they support the weakest candidate, regardless of the consequences... Tells you all you need to know.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Everything Trump has done and said (at least before he evolved) defines him as a liberal Democrat

View Quote

Making money on the free market is a liberal trait?

I guess you have to be on the government payroll like Cruz be a conservative these days.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Oath or Affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Because out of the 5 left running that statement means more to one candidate than all of the others.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Personally, although I WAS a Cruz supporter, I do not believe the ''Trump can't win'' nonsense. He was not my first--or second-- choice but I now believe that he strictly is our best hope of sidelining the Beast. How can anybody possibly think Mr Trump could be worse than Obozo?? His yuugge EGO will force him to do the best he can, and this is sheer silliness spewing he is a ''gun-grabber''. He WANTS us armed to be able to fight back if attacked [ and we will be again ] by the ROP'ers. I battled my wife and the whole family for months trying to get them to vote for Cruz- Trump went through Ms like Sherman, I gave up and now see Mr Trump as the best chance at winning in Nov.
View Quote
For me it's this.  I will be 40 next year and have never missed an election.  I even vote in local matters and research the candidates. A sad truth is from a state and national standpoint I have never voted for a candidate, just against the worst choice.  Trump's an ass with an ego, but he's better than Hillary or Bernie.  Hopefully if he wins he will surround himself with good people with more conservative histories.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#42]
They're saying he's a lib plant to fold and hand Hillary the election.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

They're saying he's a lib plant to fold and hand Hillary the election.
View Quote

Well, when you think healthcare, education, and housing are the most important responsibilities of the federal government, people are going to wonder.

Wanting to expand background checks in exactly the way the gun grabbers have been begging for on your official campaign website doesn't help.

Neither does nationalizing the one area that the pro-gun side has been winning at the state level for decades.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Trump is a liar, a con artist, a snake oil salesman.  Most politicians are, but Trump has taken it to reality TV levels.  The main problem is, you can't trust that he actually believes anything he says he does; hell, I don't know that he believes anything at all other than that he's the greatest man who ever lived.
View Quote

Yep, and he is orange and has a bad wig. Come on, he is worth billions and can't spend some at" Hair club for Men"

Trumps sucks 2016!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This x 1000

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x 1000

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This x 1000

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x 1000

The chump libtards outing themselves calling True Conservative supporters liberals?! That is nice, you can go back to  <----- DU  it is that way!

Got to love the chump feels in here!

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I guess you have to be on the government payroll like Cruz be a conservative these days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free market?
Really?

We have cronyism, not a free market.

FFS!
Are people really this ignorant?!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Trump 743, Cruz 545
View Quote

The only number that matters is who can get us to 270.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

Your question is based on a complete and utter failure to understand what Trump detractors are telling you. Here is the answer to the question you would have asked if you knew how to ask it:

Trump is not unelectable because liberals hate him so much; rather, Trump is unelectable because conservatives and folks like me who align themselves with conservatives out of our fondness for the 2A hate him so much. Call us the Trump skeptics.

(And, actually, "hate" is a misnomer in that we don't hate him so much as we distrust his motives and are truly disgusted by his efforts to divide the last coalition the liberals and progressives need to divide to accomplish their goal of gutting the 2nd Amendment.)

Why do Trump skeptics "hate" him so much? Because we see through his "act."

What is Trump's act?

Trump is a progressive NYC oligarch playing a role he has studied well during his days in pro wrestling: He is playing "The Heel" (as opposed to the "Golden Boy"). Anyone who has even peripherally followed pro wrestling can name some of these famous heels: "The Iron Sheik," "Mad Dog" Vashon, etc. Heels win by cheating and by smashing Golden Boy over the head with folding chairs and by verbally eviscerating him before the match even begins.

The purpose Heels serve in pro wrestling is to pretend to enjoy being the focus of the crowd's negative energy and to gin up hate through cheating and trash-talking so that the fans can all ejaculate in catharsis when the Golden Boy wins or have an enemy upon whom to perseverate if Golden Boy loses.

Many Heels also gather a base of fans, and this fan base is composed of at least three types of folks 1) people with a grievance against what they perceive to be oppressive forces (elites, "the establishment," the rich, people who are better looking, etc.), 2) people with a dark side who like to see things destroyed and just want to watch it all burn, and 3) a few folks who are in on the joke and just want to be entertained. Trump's enthusiastic fans are composed of all three of these types. Anyone who has paid attention in GD Trump threads can list who they are and which type they are. Trump is his own biggest fan seems to be mostly looking for entertainment and is willing to do some destroying to get it.

In playing the Heel for the left, Trump has constructed a focus-group-tested, Colbert Report caricature-conservative Heel who talks about punishing women who seek abortions, building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, banishing all illegal immigrants, banning all mooselumb immigration, and so on. Progressives hate that Trump says he wants those things and do not give a single shit that he can't accomplish any of it without legislation. Trump saying he wants these things is all they need to hear to get spun up to turn out in droves against him and more importantly against Republicans up and down the ticket.  Many Trump skeptics think this was his original plan. We have seen nothing to make us think otherwise.

To his fans, Trump's focus-group-tested, Colbert Report caricature-conservative Heel who talks about punishing women who seek abortions, building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, banishing all illegal immigrants, banning all mooselumb immigration, and so on is a wet-dream on wheels. They love that Trump says he wants those things and do not give a single shit that he can't accomplish any of it without legislation. Trump saying he wants these things is all they need to hear to fill stadiums and vote for him in the primaries. Many Trump skeptics think even he underestimated the size of this response, and that maybe he is starting to take all this a little more seriously as a result. We have seen nothing to make us think otherwise.

To his skeptics, Trump's focus on ruthlessly destroying through slander and innuendo anyone who actually talks about conservative things and dividing a coalition constructed over decades tells us all that we are right to distrust both him and his motives. We see him as the most effective Moby in the history of US elections—a Troby, if you will.

And that's how we got to where we are . . .

Page / 3
Top Top