Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
TRn...NIIICE!!! outstanding on the heater situation!  

a thought to any of you guys thinkin about making this shoot....if you have guns you wanna sell, trade, WHATEVER...BRING EM!!!  i'm sure there will be a few of us there w/ the funds!!  i know i'm looking for an AR and a new pistol....havent decided on one...or both...we'll see!  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I can add an FN-FAL, a Mini-14, and an AR to the list.
Tex and Styk, you guys want to have a pre BBQ meeting in Sinton next Sunday to get a game plan going? Maybe we can come up with a some small competitions. And the entry money can go to the top 3 or 2 in each competition? This is gonna' be great! There is also a gun show in town next weekend.
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
TexRdnec,
I will be bringing :MP-5 [:D]
                   Several Ar's
                   Mossburg 590
                   other assorted weapons

If you need help with Sheriff Moody let me know..

Karl
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
scott, great idea, why dont we all 3 meet on saturday instead and go to the gun show?  walk through and then we can go out to my place and ill let yall look around at what we have to work with.  sunday is fine if not.  also a big dance at the V in calallen saturday night if yall want to grab your significant others and go.

good on the fn-fal, havent shot one of those either, just a junk-ass spanish cetme

breacher:  EXCELLENT on the mp5, looking forward to shooting that particular piece of hardware, but dont worry about leroy, i've known him forever!  now, i dont have a 9mm, but my 13 month old son has a preban 92fs stainless beretta 9mm and lots of ammo, i'll ask him if we can borrow some.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Tex,
StykUrHedUp is getting in late Saturday night. Sunday will be better for him, if he's not too jet lagged.

I sent the MSN link to you. I'll catch you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be bringing a friend along with me on the 24th. He has some interesting weapons, will bring them along as well. So Ringo or whoever is doing a head count, put me down for two confirmed.

Karl
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
hey fellas...i like the idea of a pre-meetup deal.....and if the gunshow is still goin on sunday...and i can drag my tired ass outa bed..i'm definately game.  hell..i might even pick up something at the gunshow to take to the shoot!!  an AR, AK..SKS..SOMETHING!!  good idea!  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Breacher, got cha' down fer' two. [:)]

StykUrHedUp, The gun show is Sat and Sun. I might pick up a lower if I find one I like. Maybe a RRA. Work threw a wrench in the works today. We are going to start washing the stations tomorrow night. The lack of rain, and the contamination is getting bad. I'll make the BBQ, but I'll get there after I get up Saturday, sometime around one or so. We will work from 10pm to 6am. Just incase you don't know what "washing" is: You spray high pressure water on 138,000 volt energized substation eqpt. to wash off the dirt! It is a blast, and interesting at times. If you are wondering, we use demineralized water....it does not conduct, so you don't get killed!![:D]  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#9]
just as long as the minimum-wage high school summer worker guy isnt in charge of procuring the water for it..........................
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The "water boy" is qualified in high voltage as well, but common sense is lacking. Good thing we get our water from our own power gen!!

I've got the ok on Sunday from the "boss". Her mom will be here to keep company with the kids. This is good, because if I come home from the gun show with a new lower, she will be less apt to give me "the buissiness" [argue], plus I can blame it on peer pressure [slap] from my new friends!!

[:)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]
good call, i am after all, a "bad influence"

edited to say:  i hope some of you bastards like trivial pursuit, that is my all time favorite game.........especially after a couple or 19 beers
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
hey fellas...i'm liking this gunshow idea.  if i can drag my worldly travelin ass outa bed on sunday...i may go withdraw a chunk of change and go assault weapons shopping!!!  hopefully you guys will be up to go/w and ...then  maybe we could do lunch at hooters or something.  as far as the trivial pursuit..i'm game...havent played in years...but what the hell?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#13]
BTT for the rest of the TX crew (We hope that all availible members can attend, It will be a blast!!)

Karl
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree Breacher! It will be fun. Anyone not on the list, give one of us a shout. We'll get you the details and directions.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
15 people now confirmed including myself and my group, so 20 at the very least.

ought to be pretty damned fun, its a little range on my place, but if need be we can get a little convoy going and head to cc pistol and rifle club

menu right now looks like:

beer
beans
steak
fajitas
sausage
potato salad or baked potatoes

i forget who, someone said that had connections with a shrimper?  that sounds good, nothing wrong with frying up some seafood as well, bring some

oh ya, and beer

financially:

i guess i'll buy everything we're going to need and put it on the all powerful credit card.  we can then split the cost up when everybody is there.  probably be somewhere around 30 bucks a person im guessing, might be less, might be more

bring your own ammo, bring your own bottle, be ready to shoot and be on the thirsty side

i need to know beer preference, mixer preference, and any other ideas for the menu

think thats it for now
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Nix on the shrimp. That didn't pan out like I'd hoped.[:(]

[party]

Edited to add: I've sent an email to everyone that has told me they plan to make it. If you are not on the list, and plan on coming, please let StykUrHedUp, TexRdnec, or me know. We want to be sure and have enough food and beer for everyone!

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I got ya covered on the Shrimp.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey everyone. We are thinking making it somewhere around $30.00 bucks a plate, or what ever it averages out to be with those that attend. You will need to bring a chair to sit on, we have enough shade and tables. We can get the beer here, or you can bring your own. What ever each chooses to do. Just give us a heads up on the number of people that will be with you. We don't want to have anyone go hungry. We are bringing in dirt to make a safe back stop, and there is enough parking for 300 or so. If you want to come, all are welcome.

Tex, You got anything to add?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
i worked very hard cultivating the fine assortment of mowed weeds on my place, and now you just want to come in and park 300 cars on top of them????!!?!?!  OK

girls and boys, i ordinarily have leftovers for 20 people after i cook for 2 people, nobody will go hungry, in fact, we will probably be immobile for a few hours from the sheer amount of food that will be available, everything from seafood to BBQ to snackies

if you dont have a chair dont worry about it, we can scrounge up enough for everybody, but its just more convenient if you have a chair of your own to bring

besides that, not really anything to add, in the 3 pages present we have pretty much all the info on the food to the guns that will be there  ::cough:: like ::cough:: the ::cough:: MP5 ::cough::

if you can come, great, we'd love to have you, if you cant come this time, im sure we'll do it again
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#20]
TeRdNec,
you need some medical attention for that "cough". Fortunately the Dr will be making house calls [:D]

I'm bumping this up so I can add it to my active topics list.

Karl
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#21]
spent a chunk of today making a few paper target hangers out of plywood and pipe.  one 4'x4' and one 2'x4', a good 6 paper targets anyway, but before we use them i'll put the smaller on out on the highway to make the place easier to find............cant miss it, ar15.com in big black letter on it.

things are coming together well, picked up another possible out of rockport today.  i'll spend all week cleaning up and setting up, getting some dirt loads, etc.....

looking forward to shootin, meeting some of you, beer and BBQ
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I sent maps out tonight by email to everyone I have on the list. If you need one, or didn't get yours, let me know and I'll get one to you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I got mine.........gracias.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]
oustanding. really oustanding, looking forward to this.

for any of you close...............i'll be setting up most of the stuff friday, if you want to come out and have a preliminary look around, you're welcome to it, just give me a call, we'll practice drinking a few and/or running some brass through

pgr # 361-880-8533
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#25]
we're pretty much set up out here and ready for saturdays "festivities"

we're picking up people to attend all the time, 3 more just yesterday, we're probably looking at anywhere from 20-30 people that are going to come out.  some as far away as fredericksburg and houston, so no, you arent too far away to come on out.

friday is gonna be hectic but i've got lots of shit to do, pick up bbq pits, cut mesquite, buy the food, targets, skeet..........

oh ya, i have a little piddly skeet slinger, some want to shoot at some, so bring a shotgun if you want to do that

anyway, just wanted to stop by and say

2 DAYS TO THE SOUTH TEXAS SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to say:  things you might actually want to bring if you have some, but not really necessary

full size targets (i have several smaller ones)
exploding targets
other interesting shit to shoot
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT.

Last call for anyone thats undecided. This Saturday in Sinton. Hope to see you there.
Edit: Don't forget to bring a chair or something to sit on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I forgot to ask THE question. What TIME does the event kick off? Looks like my friend backed out so I will be there by myself. I probably won't be able to stay the whole time (MAJOR shoulder reconstruction surgery on 5-19--Still hurts like a BITCH!)but I am determined to be there one way or another. See yall on Saturday!

Karl
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Said it before and I'll say it again.......................I am FU*KING EXCITED about this shoot.  We're gonna get it on.........TEXAS style.  Hooyah!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#29]
tomorrow is the big day, going shopping for all the crap today

final cut:

brisket
sausage
fajitas
fried seafood
pico de gallo, guacamole, 7 layer dip, chips
beans
potato salad
pickle slice
tomato slice
jalapeno slice
onions

::if you go home hungry you just werent trying::

target shooting
skeet
horseshoes
dominoes
cards
dice

and beer.................lots and lots of beer

breach:  i'll be up and fixing things by at least 8, come whenever you want, i dont imagine the brisket will be done til around 3 or 4, other food will revolve around that, shooting starts whenever you feel like it

see yall tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, BTT for the last time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
HAHAHA, back to the top once more, just because he said "last time"

this really is the last time though!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top