Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 10:27:47 AM EDT
If you take someone to enlist with you, is their a larger enlistment bonus in it for you by MOS to MOS basis? Jason
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I may be off base here so take this with a grain or two of salt. I believe you can enlist under the buddy system where you and your buddy go through basic training together, but I'm unaware of any bonuses to be had. Once out of basic, if you get someone to enlist there MAY be a bonus involved.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
hey nbm.....when i went in in 95....it was called the "buddy program"  if you got a buddy to enlist w/ you...you could ..depending on MOSs yall both chose...go to the same basic & AIT....and you ..the guy who convinced his buddy to sign up..get an auto. promotion to E-2 before you even went to basic....eagle scout will get you E-3 directly into basic...we had one of those in our battery.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heard of recruiters giving a "finder's fee" (BOUNTY?!) before.  To the best of my knowledge the factors affecting an enlistment bonus would be the particular MOS and possibly the length of term of service.

The bottom line: If a recuiter doesn't put it in writing IT DOESN'T EXIST!  Remember, he's a salesman.  When you go to buy a car you're dealing with a salesman.  You work the deal so you are getting a fair shake.  Same here.  Be a smart shopper.

Good luck, Jason.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never heard of a bonus for enticing your buddies to enlist, but only bonuses for MOSs with a shortage or number of years signed. I have seen them promote you 1 grade for this though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the Georgia National Guard (could be country wide) has a bonus program where you get $150 per person you get to sign up.  Normally you do that after you get to your unit after basic and tech school.  And after so many, three I think, you get a recruiting ribbon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the information. Considering MP service in the Army. Not going to go into my thought process, as I'm not sure yet. Thank you Jason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top