Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/2/2016 1:47:18 PM EDT
Seems likes uninviting him to Thanksgiving dinner would have been more reasonable, but to each their own.

http://www.local10.com/web/wplg/news/dad-killed-son-over-being-gay-prosecutors-say
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
ROPers by the names, but I could be wrong....
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The son mentions seeing Jesus, so probably not.  Seventh Day Adventist.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess that solves the problem for dad. Problem stays solved.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Something doesn't add up....  

From the comments
This guy, the
son, sounds seriously mentally ill. And who killed the wife? The son?
There's more to this story than the cops are letting on.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Son won't do that again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Amir Issa wrote about his frustrations with his family on Facebook, including sharing a video where he and his parents argue about him being gay."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/la-father-accused-killing-son-gay-article-1.2586050

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man accused of fatally shooting his son outside a home where his wife was found dead has been charged with one count of premeditated murder as a hate crime, with prosecutors alleging he killed his son for being gay.

Shehada Issa, 69, told police he shot his son Amir in self-defense after he discovered his wife's body in their house. An investigation into Issa's wife's death is ongoing.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Friday that Issa had previously threatened to kill his 29-year-old son for being gay.

"The murder was committed because of the victim's sexual orientation and because of the defendant's perception of that status and the victims' association with a person and a group of that status," prosecutors said in a statement.

Issa was arrested Tuesday after Los Angeles police officers found his son's body outside their house in the city's North Hills area. Issa's wife was found stabbed to death inside the house. - AP.org
View Quote

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/1ac3edda14884e89b4a549b9745232fc/la-father-charged-murdering-son-because-he-was-gay
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media.local10.com/photo/2016/04/02/2016_04_02_11_55_23_Shehada_Khalil_Issa_charged_with_shooting_his_own_son_because_he_was_gay_Daily_2519935_ver1.0.png

Yikes.  He needed some help.

Sounds like it runs in the family.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a few people here who would probably react in a similar manner.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
This whole thing seems like a huge shit show.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to guess this thread gets 0.00000087% the attention that happens when somebody fakes a crime. It's much more important to say all crimes against gay people for being gay are bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
In for details
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Issa is more common among Christians.

You could also try reading the article.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Darrell Issa is a Muslim?

Lebanese Christians. Issa=Jesus.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw that on Fox News awhile ago.

Very sad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm... forgot the

still some crazy folks in that family.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sarcasm... forgot the

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sarcasm... forgot the

Yeah, seems like a regular nutjob.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2586048.1459577332!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/father2n-2-web.jpg
"Amir Issa wrote about his frustrations with his family on Facebook, including sharing a video where he and his parents argue about him being gay."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/la-father-accused-killing-son-gay-article-1.2586050

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man accused of fatally shooting his son outside a home where his wife was found dead has been charged with one count of premeditated murder as a hate crime, with prosecutors alleging he killed his son for being gay.

Shehada Issa, 69, told police he shot his son Amir in self-defense after he discovered his wife's body in their house. An investigation into Issa's wife's death is ongoing.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Friday that Issa had previously threatened to kill his 29-year-old son for being gay.

"The murder was committed because of the victim's sexual orientation and because of the defendant's perception of that status and the victims' association with a person and a group of that status," prosecutors said in a statement.

Issa was arrested Tuesday after Los Angeles police officers found his son's body outside their house in the city's North Hills area. Issa's wife was found stabbed to death inside the house. - AP.org

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/1ac3edda14884e89b4a549b9745232fc/la-father-charged-murdering-son-because-he-was-gay

SO which is it? he killed his son because he was gay? he killed his son because his son killed his wife? or he killed his son because he killed his wife and he was gay?

Something is seriously missing from this story.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

Sorry, the derpy thumpers own this one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#19]
California dreamin..........
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#20]
very sad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

I suppose that would depend on why he killed his son.

If he killed him because he was gay, ok sure.  Then by all means sentence dad to death.

But, what if he killed his son because his son killed his wife?  Still the father may need to be tried and convicted, but that at least gives a motive.

oh never mind I forgot who I was addressing.

as long as the women is dead, because she was supposedly a christian then that is Ok.  No chance the son could be guilty of anything, everyone on here knows that anyone in the LGBBQ community is the epitome if righteousness and all that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
His name is Shehada Khalil Issa

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "California Man" may not be the descriptor that identifies his motive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, the CA people DID pass Prop 8... Guess we're not as "tolerant" as our betters claim to be.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm so confused, who killed the wife?

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm so confused, who killed the wife?

View Quote

Jeebus, with the knife in the den.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
California dreamin..........
View Quote

LOL, i' going to hell
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Daily News Article

A Los Angeles Police spokesman told the Daily News Saturday that the victim was actually 38, the same age as an Amier Issa who previously had legal trouble in San Diego for slashing his ex-boyfriend’s face with a knife in 2008.

View Quote

so the victim has a history of cutting people with a knife.  Surely he is innocent.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Associated Press Article

Doerbecker told the Daily News that there had been problems between the father and son, including the son reportedly vandalizing the home. He said the couple was evicting the son.

View Quote

No way he vandalized the home, clearly this was a case of the father creating the vandalism and blaming it on the son.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#29]
My kid chooses a lifestyle that is 180° away from my beliefs...then that kid can his/her way like any other person in my life...friend or relative..

Don't call me and I won't call you....an amicable parting of the ways.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No way he vandalized the home, clearly this was a case of the father creating the vandalism and blaming it on the son.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Doerbecker told the Daily News that there had been problems between the father and son, including the son reportedly vandalizing the home. He said the couple was evicting the son.

Maybe it was self defense on the part of dear old dad?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

one might think that, but many on here will show anyone that thinks that they error of their ways.  Everyone knows that anyone n the LGBBQ community is the epitome of righteousness, and anyone not is always guilty as a group.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://media.local10.com/photo/2016/04/02/2016_04_02_11_55_23_Shehada_Khalil_Issa_charged_with_shooting_his_own_son_because_he_was_gay_Daily_2519935_ver1.0.png

Looks like just plain nuts.

The media will run this with christians killing gays spin
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His name is Shehada Khalil Issa

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "California Man" may not be the descriptor that identifies his motive.
View Quote

But if it were John Smith, it would!

Trump 2016!
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

one might think that, but many on here will show anyone that thinks that they error of their ways.  Everyone knows that anyone n the LGBBQ community is the epitome of righteousness, and anyone not is always guilty as a group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The son was found unarmed and had no knife on or near him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

of course.  and the son does not have a history of violence and vandalism either.

So many of you, rightfully so, make fun of people here on arfcom for only reading the headlines and then jumping to all kinds of conclusions, without reading any of the linked articles, and yet here many of you are doing the exact same thing.  

But it is OK as long as the LGBBQ is shown as the epitome of righteousness, and anyone claiming any form of Christianity, no matter how far from the Bible, is shown as bad and all claiming Christians get to be associated with them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I asked a Yemeni what recourse a father would have if his son was ghey.  He told me that he could take him out to the desert and kill him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM already has.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, its true The gay son had no arms.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Late term abortion, isn't that leagl in CA?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like dad tolerated the death out of him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#41]
even the neighbors said the son appeared to be a real cocksucker.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty sure mental illness was more at play here than intolerance.

Just the first few lines of that one post is enough to realize that kid was
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well sure, if you want to hold to your personal biases. But clearly as has been expressed by members here in this thread, that young man was the epitome of righteousness and his dad was Pure Evil, of course no comment on the mother but hey I guess that's not important since you know she's dead and all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My kid chooses a lifestyle that is 180° away from my beliefs...then that kid can his/her way like any other person in my life...friend or relative..

Don't call me and I won't call you....an amicable parting of the ways.
View Quote

Hey 9, do you have kids? Just wondering.

I'm not sure I could ever disassociate from my kids - and they don't even like me.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well sure, if you want to hold to your personal biases. But clearly as has been expressed by members here in this thread, that young man was the epitome of righteousness and his dad was Pure Evil, of course no comment on the mother but hey I guess that's not important since you know she's dead and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem awfully defensive about this guy. Would you do the same had he been a Muslim, as some here like to believe he was?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Late term abortion, isn't that leagl in CA?
View Quote

Well done.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You seem awfully defensive about this guy. Would you do the same had he been a Muslim, as some here like to believe he was?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

White knighting for the Muslims that aren't even at play here?

I can't imagine why Sweden is being taken over by Muslims with that kind of thinking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No white-knighting, just curious why he went of the rails like that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He doesn't like the gays and he really doesn't like when a christian man kills his own son for being gay.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Wife wasn't a protected class, therefor nobody gives a shit that she was murdered.

Dunno what is going on here but it sounds like a shitstorm no matter how you look at it.

Also: Many of the Iranians, Lebanese and Iraqis you find in California are Christians. For some reason it is a popular place for them to settle.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top