Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
seems everyone where I live calls it Coke or Coca depending if you are in a Hispanic neighborhood.  I have never heard it called pop or soda
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
woohoo!  Futurama is on! Think I'll sit back with my Coke...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you come to SC, just order what you want.  Call it pop and we will just laugh at you.

Just to be safe, order tea (which of course means sweet), which is what 80% of us drink down here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a map that shows where people incorrectly call it something other than COKE:

[url]http://www.popvssoda.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the link.  i knew a kid once from milwaukee and he said 'soda' and 'bubbler'.  what a dork.  i usually order a coke when i go out, but i mean Coca Cola of course.  

i live in superior wi, if i lived any farther north my feet would be wet.
i'm sorry but soda still sounds pretty fruity to me.  

[queerfemmyvoice]pass the soda boys[/]

man you guys from The South sure are defensive about things..it's like some kind of inferiority complex.  just kidding of course.  i've even thought about moving to texas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top